Graw2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graw2

Just passed the third day, absolutely loving this game and came at a great tme (just finished R6V). Improvments to the control hud are excellent but the overkill general "MITCHELL SIT REP SIT REP THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOGH" kind of spoils it. Graphics are stunning but don't seem to be much improved on the first one. Sound is much improved though.

Only playing the single-player of this, and yeah, I'd agree the cheese factor is higher in the sequel than in the first one. Gameplay is fantastic though from what I've played so far. Sure, the adjustments (Cross-com fullscreen, being able to control the mule/the UAV/Squad through the display) are relatively minor, but most importantly the game balancing is better judged, and as a result less frustrating.

Comment

Same ****. Different day.

Suits me fine. I really enjoyed this in SP. Yeah, it's far too easy on the hardest setting, but it's good fun to play and comes into it's own in MP.

The mechanics feel tighter and as Concept said, the game feels less frustrating that it's predecessor.

Also really liking the nifty new effects in the game; the rain splashing off the gatling gun being a personal favourite of mine. Brilliant stuff.

Comment

it more of the same, but still good. although have they poured half a ton of gravel down the lead character's throat since the previous title?

Comment

I loved GRAW but after playing Gears I couldn't go back to it, I just couldn't play it...is the gameplay in GRAW2 different enough to warrant a purchase or am I going to find it as clunky/etc as GRAW after playing Gears.

Comment

I didn't play GRAW but loved R6V.

How does this compare with R6V with regards to issueing orders to squad? Is it as easy to do?

What's the enemy AI like?

Comment

Imo GRAW2 is the best Clancey title on the 360 by a long way, it's far tighter than GRAW and more intense than Vegas. The cover system is still a little messy (particularly next to Gears and indeed Vegas) however it does hold up.

The gameplay is almost identical to GRAW, so if you tired of that then stay away, however they've improved the squad dynamics to allow better control so the game does feel slightly different and more involved.

Unfortunately it is very short and far too easy, so the single player will not last long. Five or six hours will clear the game, but thankfully there are no dull or frustrating sections.

Multiplayer is a huge improvement over the original. No one thing stands out as being better (apart from the graphics, which are love and clean, and beautifuly lit) but it feels better to play. Maps are better designed, more options and the coop missions have far more weight.

Comment

Thanks Pete. Playasia shipped mine yesterday, so quite looking forward to it now.

Comment

Feck me pink , its amazing !. Starts off a bit slow but after the helicopter shooting bit, the graphics and game just go into overdrive , with visually the best looking game I’ve seen (the fly over after the Helicopter part, is jaw dropping) The pyrotechnics and debris effects are the best ever, the new weather effects look great too
                  Its more of the same , but everything is just tuned to sheer perfection .

Oh I'm in 7th Heaven GOTY already, Ubisoft you rock

Comment

this game is GRAW 1.5, online mode is much better gameplay wise and graphically, shame u cant use the cover system online ,

Comment

Should I just skip GRAW (which I've got but haven't played yet) and just get this instead?

Comment

It depends how good you are at tactical shooters. In my opinion the single player is better all round - better set-pieces, better design, better flow, better action. The problem is that the game is a direct continuation of the original with little introduction so you might be a little lost (not that plot is one of its strong points).

On the flipside, if you're new to Graw and you play the first title beforehand, you might not enjoy it as much. I know I'm much preferring the sequel.

Comment

Just completed it on single-player. The usual rubbish Ubisoft ending, but apart from that, superb stuff.

Kubrick - I'd recommend playing GRAW 2 over 1 now definitely. Towards the end the fullscreen cross-com control plays an increasing role and becomes more important. So much so that you end up at some points having to control two teams, tanks, helicopters and drones at the same time through your HUD while positioning yourself as well. It sounds complex but it's really simple and gratifying when you're planning a strategy out on the fly, and watch it all come together as you effectively make use of everything - the stuff you've learned becomes second nature and it turns the experience into a real-time strategy game/tactical shooter hybrid more so than in the original.

In fact considering you the ways in which you can control your various parties, I kind of wish Japanese RPGs would take up a similar dynamic to their combat. GRAW 2 clicked with me in a way the first game didn't. I 'got' it this time around.

Comment

For some reason I wasn`t going to bother with GRAW2 but for the fact that the only other game available was the festering pile of **** that is Bullet Witch, I was forced to get it.

I finished the SP game on the normal skill level a couple of days ago and I loved this game from begining to end, I probably should`ve started on the hard skill level though as normal proved to be too easy really.

I really liked the original GRAW too, but I think it was the unhappy memories of the substandard MP game that made me think twice about GRAW2. As with GRAW, I hate the feel of the MP/co-op game, it feels like it`s an unfinished version of the game somehow.

Anyway, I`m playing through again now on hard and I`m enjoying revisiting some of the missions with the "quick mission" function to get the secondary objectives I missed first time round.

I`ll be happy with just getting the SP achievements from this game and I don`t think I`ll be venturing into MP, especially as I`ve recently rediscovered GoW there is no contest.

I highly recommend GRAW2 whether you`ve played the first one or not, the plots of both games are so thin the only thing you need to know about the first game is that you were fighting the Mexican`s.

The ending is **** though by the way so don`t get excited!

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
                              shame u cant use the cover system online ,
                              Thanks dude, you've just saved me ?30+

No way I'm buying this now.

Comment

Working...
                              X