No announcement yet.

The gear we want! (rare/ex too!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In relation to Elemental Skill. I’m no expert on these matters by any means but my understanding is that whilst higher skill doesn’t increase the damage per spell potential (that’s what INT is for) a higher skill level lowers the rate of your spells being resisted for half (or worse) damage.

I’d suggest that if Kirin is taking 90 damage per spell he is resisting an awful lot (if it’s true that other BLM are putting up higher numbers) and perhaps extra Elemental Magic Skill would be worth it?

Then again, I’m only a lolNIN. What do I know? XD

Comment

Yep. See the staves. I'm fairly certain their hidden stats increase elemental magic skill exclusively for whichever element you're using.

Elemental magic skill+ decreases resistance and spell interuption.

Magic att. bonus being my favorite stat so far.
      Last edited by dataDave; 18-04-2007, 09:13.

Comment

BLMs are bursting up near 1k - 1.5k on fragmentation, resist rates aren't that high for them. Kirin is a level 95 mob (ish) so you're looking at needing a fair amount of + to avoid resists.

With merits and torques etc I think you can stand you magic up to around level 90 cap which greatly lowers it.

As for elemental staves the NQ has a +10 effect on spells od that element the HQ +15. Avatar perpetuation I think is -1 for NQ -2 for HQ though not certain on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
          I'd like those trotter boots too, or the striders for that matter.

Maybe a little more movement speed is just the thing to stop me from becoming overly irritated every time I have to trek for who knows how many minutes from one end of a zone to another.

In all honesty, nothing really screams "must have" to me, I've always gotten through fine with basic gear, I never had to spend X number of million gil to get myself through CoP or Zilart and I always contribute well enough to exp parties or HNMs (I'm sure the odd extra 7 elemental magic skill wouldn't suddenly cause my Aero 4 spell to do anything that much more than the 90 odd damage it usually does to Kirin for example). Same with elemental potency merits.

Your lack of elemental skill is the reason you do 90dmg. Its everything on HNM.

Comment

Originally posted by Apathye View Post
            Your lack of elemental skill is the reason you do 90dmg. Its everything on HNM.

Thats the thing though, my elemental magic skill isn't bad at all - Its capped for 75, I have 1 merit point in it and I have gear which gives me an additional +30 (give or take 1 or 2 points).

I don't know why my spells are getting resisted so much - what's the maximum number of elemental magic merits you can get?

My problem is more than likely related to my lack of tier 2 ancient magic, other blms are probably getting 4 figure damage from Tornado II, maybe Tornado as well but I'm not sure on that one, its certainly not coming from Aero 4 thats for sure - unresisted I can manage around 500/600 damage with that.

Comment

After Sacrarium (cheers for the subligar guys!) me and Buju went to get one of these....

Segg assisted which was v.nice as Buju had a D/C around 30mins before Centurio popped. ANYWAY, long story short no drop but got a scroll of Quake instead so that's me up to speed with the ancients.

I've logged in that cave in a safe spot, I'd absolutely love it if anyone (preferably with THF or THF sub-job) could meet me there 1st thing tonight to camp him just once? If he doesn't drop we can leave it for another day or I'll get someone else to help, I hate sponging time off folk for my own needs, regardless of how much I've helped them.

Just this and SleepgaII left and I won't need any help for a long time presumably.

C'mon Dara you big jesse!! You can have StonegaII if it drops.
              Last edited by dataDave; 19-04-2007, 09:09.

Comment

Sounds like a plan mate, I got Limbus at 10pm tho, so I need to leave for that.

Comment

0/5, still no Shamus or StonegaII. ; ;

Comment

just buy some crack and attach it to a bomb to get the mobs stoneagad

Comment

1/6 yay!

Looks like I'm saving up for StonegaII after Penitent's Rope. ; ;

Comment

1/5 yay!

Comment

Divisor Ring!

Got be be the best DD ring in the game as long as you have the requirements for the latent. It activates in multiples of 5, so if you 75 your good.

Me, Calta and Apiov had a go at this last night and normal DD grp can do it easy. Looks like we need 4 to clear, on first go we managed to kill all mobs and open the chest but then ran out of time, we only needed a extra second to clear! Sadley we got Bronze Boots +1 lol

2nd go we didnt get very far we tired a mana burn with me on nin and calta and apiov on blm but the timer restriction on the blms messed us up.

Good fun thou.

Comment

Can I have it?

Me, Rabs + Apa were on about sorting a run out for this. Perhaps after a couple of hours in the Aqueducts?

Comment

The dobson flies aren't an easy fight would need a few to pull it off...

Can do it Zombie, have BLMs nuke down one at a time adn take a death each nuke.

Think I might need to go after Shamans cloak next, extra +2 ele is morth having for elemental macro. Starting to wonder what to do, I need macroes about 12 lines long for RDM and as we know you can't do those.

I need either a programable keyboard or a windower ><;

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post

Can I have it?

Me, Rabs + Apa were on about sorting a run out for this. Perhaps after a couple of hours in the Aqueducts?
                                I'd be after one of those nice Jaeger rings, so count me in

(A sallet wouldn't go amiss either, best head piece for BLU before endgame I think)

Comment

Working...
                                X