• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I mentioned that I want a Voyager Sallet?! >_>

Comment

Lots of SMN's FTW

Comment

The last time I went up there with my SMN, I came back down with no drops and a level and a half's worth of exp gone ;_;

Comment

you need about 3 or 4 dara lol

Comment

The fact we have 1, maybe 2, people on the LS with SMN at 40 means the 4xAstral Flow >> Diamond Dust strategy is not something available to use. However, nor is it necessary.

We have done this as a LS about a year ago. Think we had about 2 PTs worth of people. 1 was SMN. Important thing is sleeping the non-target flies and containing them. We had 1 think 3 sleepers (2 BLM, 1 BRD) which seemed to be enough. Rest of the spots went to healer and damage dealers.

This method you have to account for deaths and expect to wipe at least once (we wiped twice before having all 10 flies killed) so it is everyone’s responsibility to bring multiple Reraise.

Will need 1 person to gather all the mobs before initial Sleep. This role is best served by a THF or PLD with their respective 2 hours. After the mobs are slept, one person is given the responsibility to ‘call’ which mob is targeted and everyone else uses the /assist function as in Dynamis. You then kill as many as you can, until wipe, Reraise and repeat.

Previous run, people were asked to only lot on either the Sallet or Ring (Bandana is 100% drop) to keep things fair and avoid an instance where one individual gets both drops on a single run.

I’m definitely up for this. Combining it with Phomiuna makes some sense as everyone will already be in lvl40 cap gear, but if people are after subligaria as well, that could take quite some time.

This looks like another situation where I can break out NIN/rng Flies weak to piercing (bullets) and the higher damage potential makes it ideal I think.

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
              you need about 3 or 4 dara lol
              No **** Djsherlock

I wasn't up there by myself, I wouldn't have even found the spawn point if I was. I can't explain how we managed to end up killing nothing, I think it was somehow related to us activating astral flow and then taking an AOE from one or two of them straight after, there was a guy up there infront of us who had hacked away at them a bit so their tp must have been primed

Comment

Oh no! Let's try to avoid wipehouse. I only have one charge on my RR earring left and they're expensive. ; ;

I really can't be bothered with wasting RRs. 7/10 of the charges have been used when there is a WHM there anyway so it's just a big waste of money for me (30k this one cost me) unless of course I'm playing as WHM.

Using 2x RR on each Promyvion climb is just a waste.
                Last edited by dataDave; 09-05-2007, 14:40.

Comment

You could always come as WHM. Free RR

Comment

Lol, not a prob although I'll be needed for ES+sleepga (and prefer BLM anyway ;p ).

Comment

Cant sleep em davi, so u as whm would prob be good.

Anyone got ToD?

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post
                        Cant sleep em davi, so u as whm would prob be good.

Anyone got ToD?
                        Actually, they are susceptible to sleep based attacks/spells/songs - I think the fight would be unfairly difficult if they weren't.

Comment

They certainly can be slept (did no one even read my post above )

Also, Apa says that 9 times out of 10 these fellas are up so highly unlikely a TOD will be needed.

Comment

We'd want to make sure that everyone going gets what they want for at least the next year as getting 12+ LS people together isn't going to be easy.

Comment

Well, I’m more than happy to do multiple runs until everyone gets what they want.

Comment

That was the plan for the last time we went up, the problem with that is that we very rarely have access to the numbers we need all online at once.

Yes we can organise stuff on here, but not all of us use this forum, and the LS message isn't always the best way to discuss plans due to the limited word space.

Comment

Working...
                                X