This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Setup FAQ thread

How do I set up my TV for better picture quality?

You read THIS and then tweak to your personal preference.

As you can see, this isn't a comprehensive FAQ, but once you've bought your telly, that's what you need to know. We get a lot of questions about this so thanks to Lyris for doing that article on his site.

If there's any other questions you think NEED to be in here, just post in this thread.
    Last edited by charlesr; 26-03-2012, 10:35.

That is class! Lyris is, as the kids of today might say, 'da man'

Comment

Updated the link in this thread so it now works again
      Thanks Lyris!

Comment

Thanks guys. Just got a new TV, so this is a massive help.

Edit: Is the link still broken or is it just me?

Comment

just you

Comment

Ah, seems my problem was Tapatalk. It doesn't like the link.

Comment

Lyris need a question answered ive got a panasonic TX P42G20B, with a CI slot, but here in Germany the TV companies use CI+ is my TV compatible with this? Cheers.

Comment

Wikipedia says

CI+ is backward compatible with CIv1. Old television receivers, which have CIv1 CI-slot, can be used with CI+ CAM and vice versa, but for viewing only those of TV programs which are not marked as CI+ protected.

So I guess it depends what channels you are trying to watch, I could imagine that PPV channels and events would be the ones that use CI+

Comment

Good question! I have no experience with CI since I'm in the UK at the moment, and almost nobody uses it here.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                    Lyris need a question answered ive got a panasonic TX P42G20B, with a CI slot, but here in Germany the TV companies use CI+ is my TV compatible with this? Cheers.
                    Are you looking at viewing sky Deutschland via your tv ? I think some euro tvs have satellite or cable tuners built in.

I've only used cams in my satellite box for European channels on my motorised dish.

You would need to check the spec of the tv to be sure it will be compatible.

Comment

Working...
                    X