No announcement yet.

Someone has to ask...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The coverage annoys me as, others should not get "their chance" but the same chance. Unfortunately not all kids lost are lost by the epitome of the Daily Mail/Express image of a Briton and so are not afforded any coverage let alone something approaching the circus here. If the coverage was spread out and inclusive of other people, it would be grating far less.
    Other "kids gone" stories have grated with me but, at the very least, they had "social commentary" (for want of a better phrase). When that child in Liverpool died, that was to do with gun crime, the case with two girls a few years back had undertones of paedophilia. this is just celebrity. 10 years on from Diana.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRoy View Post
      How do you figure i find it funny? Did you even read my post?
      'LOL' stands for "Laugh Out Loud", does it not?

Did YOU even read your post?

Comment

Originally posted by iloveannie View Post
        ...why did the parents of the little girl leave their children alone? I may not know all the details but that sounds pretty poor to me.
        Just heard from someone who claims to be a reliable source that the McCanns - and the other couples who were in Portugal at the time - were rampant swingers and that is what they were doing out there. Allegedly and all that. So I am guessing from this that the kids had been left on their own in the past.

Comment

Do Swingers not use babysitters then?

Comment

I noticed this morning in the post office that the front cover of the sun had a 'maddie - what really happened' thing going on today

lol .. swingers

Comment

To be fair to Gerry Mccann though, if my missus had a sour face like that I would be throwing my car keys onto the table as well. Spags - fair point. But they are sex people! Sex people!

Comment

They probably use babysitters in other ways then - the filthy swine!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                  To be fair to Gerry Mccann though, if my missus had a sour face like that I would be throwing my car keys onto the table as well. Spags - fair point. But they are sex people! Sex people!
                  But what if you end up with some toothless old granny and your missus ends up with some bloke with a third leg?

Comment

Bumpage.

Seems the McCaans got to have their say in front of the select committee.

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

I don't disagree with what he is saying about the press as a whole, but I thought that generally the coverage was positive towards the McCaans.

Comment

They are complaining despite the fact that hundreds or thousands of children go missing every year and don't get a single minute of national TV time to try find them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay1986 View Post
                        They are complaining despite the fact that hundreds or thousands of children go missing every year and don't get a single minute of national TV time to try find them.
                        He's a witness in someone else's inquiries regarding press standards. I think he was just asked for his opinions, rather than him setting out to complain.

Comment

Working...
                        X