Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The BCNM / KSNM Thread! Gather Together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to say I favour ODS, it's quick and easy just need 6 people on DD and its straight forward. No real risk and the drops are better than those from PP.

As far as I am aware PP drops
    Damascus Ingot
    Damascene Cloth

ODS drops
    Serket Ring
    Damascus Ingot
    Damascene Cloth
    Venomous Claw

Based on that you'd bet gil recovery rate is higher for ODS.

Think in short I'm game for ODS and will help others on a PP run if they're going for weapons but not really up for using an orb there.

Comment

/ another one for ODS. Not really interested in weapons atm im init for the gilz, and as Tsing says ODS has 2 more items that could bring in the gil.

Ill by all means help out on a PP run thou if u need any.

Comment

I'll keep you guys in mind but have to say I'm going to give priority to people who can bring an orb if there is enough interest.

If a "weapons run" is done with fewer than 6 orbs, any gil drops could only be split between people who use an orb themself.

Comment

I'm interested in teh gilz, still a tiny bit short for Noble's and spending most of my time logged in to exp. Let me know if you need a healer, i like the idea of buffing myself while Dara in Red hp.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMan X View Post
            I'm interested in teh gilz, still a tiny bit short for Noble's and spending most of my time logged in to exp. Let me know if you need a healer, i like the idea of buffing myself while Dara in Red hp.
            An ill-advised plan I assure you.

Comment

Ok, I think so far we have for Prehistoric Pigeons:

Daragon (BLM/whm)
              Djtickle (DRK/???)
              Rarehero (NIN/war)
              Reploidx (WHM/blm)
              Tobal (COR/???) - I think the sleep potential of Light/Dark Shot will be useful.

I'll have a word with Lutann to see if he wants to use up some Buju seals on this. If so, we'd just need one more DD.

I think the comparisons above are a bit unfair and simplistic also. In 24 runs of ODS since the Serket Ring was added I've never seen it drop so the droprate on that is small enough to prove insignificant. From all accounts the Damascus Ingot (which is the biggie from the 3 HQ craft materials) drops at a higher rate in PP (which makes sense as they are a drop from the Greater Bird HNMs).

Perhaps most importantly, the smaller drops from the pool seem to have retained some of their value whereas the majority of drops from ODS are now just NPC fodder as they go for 1k each on AH, as the KSNM is spammed continuously. As with anything in this game, you don't make good money doing what everyone else does.

As for weapon drops, should this ever go ahead, we should make it so that people can only lot something they want if they have not received one yet (unless no one else wants something that drops). Would be unfair for one individual to walk away with multiple weapons and someone else gets nothing.

For example, I've said I'd like Dissector (Sword), Michishiba (G.K.) and Coffinmaker (Giun). If on the first run the G.K. drops and I lot and get, should a Coffinmaker drop on 2nd run, I could not lot as Tobal and Dara both want. Seems fairest.
              Last edited by C'; 08-08-2007, 13:53.

Comment

/ count me in, ive bagged loads of seals of late and now have 60+ so can do this and an ODS.

Comment

Stick to The Boyahda Tree and you'll have more than you know what to do with.

As it stands at the moment, I could use up 30 on this, and still have some left over in my 4th stack.

Stuck your name down too. I'm thinking it will be one evening next week to do this.

Comment

I have 70+ Kindred Seals. I'm free this weekend if you want to make a ODS run.

Comment

ODS Tonight!!!!!!!!!!!

6pm start

Dj
                      Dara
                      Rare
                      Kerushi
                      Last edited by djtickle; 14-08-2007, 11:39.

Comment

5pm start? Some of us do work you know

Comment

lol so do i

changed to 6pm tonite!

Comment

With the new Grip rewards dropin in ODS does anyone fancy a quick ODS run tonite? Chance to pull in abit of extra gil.

Daragon
                            Djtickle
                            Rarehero

6pm start old boys?
                            Last edited by djtickle; 30-08-2007, 09:08.

Comment

/

(damn message length requirements)

Comment

I'll play.

Comment

Working...
                                X