Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 Expansion: Wings of the Goddess/Divine Soldiers of Altana (Release - 22/11/07)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New information.

There was once a war that shook the very foundations of Vana'diel. It was a dark and dreadful age. The lives of many were lost. The futures of many were destroyed. The joys of many were extinguished. However, there are those from that age who remember... They remember the hope that burned in the darkness. The companions that banded together. The heroes that strove onwards. The rivals that joined forces. And now history is reborn, as we return to that age of strife... Wings of the Goddess Wings o

Looking good

Comment

After being the 'baddies' in WoW I want to be a Yagudo more than ever now.

Comment

Proper Ochu

Pre-orcish invasion Davoi?

Comment

thats not the end of the information, this is just special for ffxiwiki even before the official information out. More information show be out when SE event starts up.

Comment

And there I was thinking I'd have to click the link to see the spoiler screenshots. Thank goodness you're here to take the hard work out of it

Comment

yea, spoilers

Comment

Is Cid still building the time machine?

I'm still finding this time-travelling stuff hard to swallow tbh. There had better be a good reason to go back into the past rather than just to have a wonder and to sneak/invis past mobs.

Comment

1UP: Since every other expansion has introduced new jobs to FFXI, and since TOAU added three new jobs, does this mean Wings won't add new jobs, and you'll spend your time fine-tuning the jobs you introduced in TOAU? Or will you add new jobs to Wings?

KO: Pretty much both. There will be new jobs, and we'll be doing what we did with Promathia. Then we'll take the jobs we introduced in Aht Urhgan and expand on those as well.
                  1UP: Who is Wings Of The Goddess aimed at? Chains was originally criticized as being too difficult, and Treasures was considered fairly easy by FFXI standards. Will Wings aim at the hardcore endgame player, or is it designed for more casual play like TOAU?

KO: Actually, when we first started planning Treasures of Aht Urhgan it was supposed to be for really high-level players, and make it really difficult. But it ended up being a little bit easier than most people were expecting. But for the new expansion we want to make it for the high-level players, and that's what we're aiming at, but we'll see.
                  1UP: Is there any Wings Of The Goddess specific information that I haven't asked that you want to convey?

KO: As for new areas in Wings, there's about 30 areas.

1UP: How does that compare to a previously exisiting Vana'diel chapter?

KO: It's the same amount of areas that were in the original Final Fantasy XI without Rise of the Zilart.

from http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2007/071107c.html

The talk began with some basic information regarding the expansion. It will include 30 new areas, new monsters to do battle with, and new jobs. While they wouldn't divulge what the new jobs were, they told us that there would be more than one.

From there, the question of how much of the content would apply to new players was asked. Tanaka replied that though approximately 70 percent of the content will be for experienced players, there will be things that will appeal to new players as well. That was followed up with a question regarding changes to the Merits System, and it will continue to be expanded, but not necessarily tied to the expansion itself.

Rather than just add more lands to the map, this expansion instead offers a view 20 years into the game's past, during the time of the Crystal War. When asked about the inspiration for this atypical type of expansion, they replied that they just wanted to do something different from what they had done before. They also said that what is done in the past might affect the game's present. The changes could even include the types of monsters players can fight. It was revealed that monsters can become extinct in Final Fantasy XI.

Another topic included the game systems themselves. Square Enix said that the game will appear on all three current platforms and in all languages, but there was the possibility of a delay for the release on the Xbox 360 due to complications with Microsoft.

new trailers (not that good) http://uk.gamespot.com/video/939476/...cial-trailer-1
                  Last edited by Tobal; 12-07-2007, 09:36.

Comment

Cool more new jobs, thats pretty awsome.

Comment

More jobs? I'm not sure my mog safe/mog locker/wallet could take any more new jobs We do need another semi-evil job though, something like Necromancer could really add some spark.

It does sound like this one will have everything though - jobs and CoP difficulty. Wonder if there's going to be a new central area for the JPs to lag up.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                        Wonder if there's going to be a new central area for the JPs to lag up.
                        If u read the article it does indeed say that there will be

Also in one of the trailers why is there a smn usin a scythe ><
                        Last edited by djtickle; 12-07-2007, 11:43.

Comment

I fair fancy caning this before getting everything else done. I don't think I can stomach another 15 levels of EXP grinding beforehand though.

Week off planned for it still.

Comment

Updated the first post with todays details of the new job and release date. I'll make sure I keep this thread up to date with all new announcements.

Let's keep our forum tidy

Comment

Galka Dancer *shudders*

Comment

The Dance of the Bearded Hume would be far more alluring I assure you

Comment

Working...
                                X