No announcement yet.

*Official Rargh* TaAU Mission Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, depends really - if I'm not in London helping my brother move stuff into his new flat then I'd be fine. If I can't make Tuesday evening then I'm sure a few of you guys would be up for helping me clear them anyway *cough*

Comment

Edit: And back to Tuesday.
      Last edited by Rep; 27-08-2007, 19:08.

Comment

Just found out now I don't have to be in London until the weekend, so if you want to revert back to tomorrow to finish the missions, that's fine with me.

Comment

Cool, the sooner the better, plus i think Dj said he couldn't make it Wednesday.

Back to Tuesday then.

Anyone have Rabs in flist etc? As far as i'm aware (could be wrong) he's the sixth and only other member who's currently on Stirrings of War. Could do with letting him know.

Comment

Who we got lined up for this?

Ive just been planing ahead and without spoiling the BC's for anyone BRD id say is needed and a BLM or maybe can get away with a RDM.

Edit if we cant get a brd looks like thf or a extra nin also does a mighty fine job. Looks like Nin is the tank of choice too btw due to some 1 shot moves.

Also RR with multiple charges, Food and PPots. 1CS requires 1 Game day wait so could do with gettin them done ASAP. From the look on the forums thou nobody has managed to complete one of the BCs yet.
            Last edited by djtickle; 28-08-2007, 08:17.

Comment

No idea, me and Dara are upto last fight, got last boss to 50%. Happy to go from 29 onwards with people.

A word of warning though, these missions ain't to be taken lightly, i'd say they're harder then anything CoP offers. I guess just rallying people up tonight.

Comment

You did the fight after midnight last night?

Comment

Yeah, it's a big update mission wise, most certainly isn't something that can be done in an evening. Was about 3 hours before the first PT cleared 42, as far as i'm aware, no one had done 44.

Comment

Gonna do all my CS now and also pick up a grip so im ready for the 1st BC as soon as i finish work.

Comment

Done the first BC with no problems at all. Make a pickup grp Nin, Thf, Sam, War, Whm and Rdm. Took me 1hour 15mins from starting shouting to compelting the BC. Strat in spoiler

Used thf to run in and aggro boss, war voked and solod a gear, sam the same and the thf kited the other 2 why i concentrated on the boss. I used -% Damage gear as she can hit through shadows. Once Sam and War finished with gears they came and helped me. We all used food and iwings apart from sam and thf as main part they were kiting.

Full rest and did same again for 2nd part used hipots thou as well this time to keep alive.

3rd part all poped a ppot and zerged as much as poss. Id adivse takin a med if there is one to cure blind so that you can 2hour at 50%. Our war 2houred and died and RR to carry on but apart from that was pretty easy.

Ready for 44

Comment

My first decent shot at the 2nd BC was proper harsh

First 2 phases of the

Blue mage

are ok, 3rd one is immune to physical XD

Then you get onto the final boss

Alexander

and god damn was it a mean fight His HP seems a little OTT and he can occasionally heal back a fair bit of that, seems to average at 1500. Attacks include

Holy II, Diaga 4, a pretty nasty WS and a 2h at 50% that will floor the majority of the group

I think we must have been at 5% just before we got booted out thanks to the timer expiring, although most of us were dead without 2H.

It's not really a difficult fight tbh, but it certainly is the most long winded

Comment

Ill be back on about 4:30 again dara if u wanna try again with ur 2hour

Got a pld and a few more who will be up for it.

Comment

Lutann, Moot, Xandman and I (along with Rep's help) just cleared Shield of Diplomacy. I enjoyed it actually. Khimaira 13 was a fun tanking challenge.

However the best part was Moot getting chastised during the fight by Lady Karababa:

Moot!
                            I need to be healed--are you hard of hearing?
                            Don't just stand there clapping and cheering!
                            and

Moot!
                            Don't you have some spells to heal?
                            Hop to it before I make you squeal!

I'm actually quite psyched up to clear this mission line now. Definately think I under rated the BC battles.

Three of us did The Black Coffin as a trio yesterday and that was really exhilerating and this today. Still no CoP but better than I was expecting.

Comment

Cleared a few more and now up to Mission 35 (Legacy of the Lost) which is the fight against

Again the battles weren't overly hard. Puppet in Peril we did as 4 (Lutann, Moot, Wynth and myself) although Moot did die. There definately is a weird hate system in that fight. I know NIN/war isn't that hate machine a NIN/drk or PLD is but I know what level of hate I can control with damage and Provoke and the mages seemed to get hate at really odd times. Moot was unfortunate to use Convert just as the mob decided to go for him. Apart from that though, no problems.

We also cleared the fight in Periqia which was pathetically easy. However, I believe the difficulty ramps up quite noticeably from this point on. Does anyone know how many BCs we have left (including mission 35)?

Comment

It's just the final 2 after
                                - the rest are just CSs.
                                Last edited by Daragon; 10-09-2007, 11:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X