No announcement yet.

Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hayfever. Although not of the extreme variety where eyes go red hot and stuff. Just the odd runny nose. Still annoying

Comment

i had a very mild form of this

was born at 29 weeks and weighed around 3 pounds or so when i was born. both my lungs collapsed and etc etc. nearly died and all that but i pulled through and have been pretty healthy my whole life apart from my bad eye sight (common in premature births but kinda common anyway).

in the last year or two however i have been feeling it in the winter ie coughing a lot and having trouble breathing if I run and it's cold out.

cough a lot in the mornings too but iv always been like that, oh and i don't smoke btw, although most people think i do due to the cough.....

at least im not brain damaged though, which the doctors said was more than 50/50 chance of due to the lack of oxygen to my brain.

can't complain
      Last edited by bootmonster; 23-05-2007, 11:03.

Comment

Well, I've had high cholesterol and high triglyceride levels for about the last 10 years. Unfortunately in August 2005, this came to a head and I had acute pancreatitis. Which meant spending a week in hospital, 1st half of which was spent in the high dependency unit of intensive care! Then it took me about 2 months before I was fully fit enough to return to work - scary stuff!

Then as a result of my pancreas taking such a beating, I now have diabetes I'm on medication for this and for the above, but if something doesn't change by November, I may have to go on to insulin injections, and I'd rather avoid that if I can. I park my car further away from work now, so that I get a longer walk in the morning and evening, and my diet is pretty strict, but my blood sugar is still high

They've given me a new tablet that should assist the Metformin in reducing my BS but that can take time to work - I really hope it helps...

Dan

Comment

Currently off work recovering from a Carpal Tunnel operation on both hands. They're taking bloody ages to feel better, still aching loads just as they were before the op. I have physio again next Tues, so will see what they have to say this time. I also have the hayfever, too. Eyes, nose, etc!

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
            Well, I've had high cholesterol and high triglyceride levels for about the last 10 years. Unfortunately in August 2005, this came to a head and I had acute pancreatitis. Which meant spending a week in hospital, 1st half of which was spent in the high dependency unit of intensive care! Then it took me about 2 months before I was fully fit enough to return to work - scary stuff!

Then as a result of my pancreas taking such a beating, I now have diabetes I'm on medication for this and for the above, but if something doesn't change by November, I may have to go on to insulin injections, and I'd rather avoid that if I can. I park my car further away from work now, so that I get a longer walk in the morning and evening, and my diet is pretty strict, but my blood sugar is still high

They've given me a new tablet that should assist the Metformin in reducing my BS but that can take time to work - I really hope it helps...

Dan
            You may well have to go on to insulin if they can't control your condition with pills. It's rarer but does happen - my dad is Type II insulin-dependent. It sucks but I guess I may go the same way at some point. No idea how he's become diabetic though, he eats a good diet (always has), just seems completely random

Comment

I've had amblyopia in my right eye since I was a nipper. It means I don't really see very well out of that eye and tend not to 'use' it. It's very odd to describe, it's like having peripheral vision all over your eye.

Last year I found a lump in my nutsack, which freaked me out good and proper. It turned out to be something called a Scrotalith (sounds to me like a giant stone bollock put in place by druids) which is like a calcium deposit. However, the waiting around for the scan etc left me so worked up that I had anxiety triggered depression which pretty much put paid to 3 weeks of last summer. Not much fun.

Not really an illness but I got incredible cramp in my calf doing jump spinning hook kicks at training last night and it still hurts like a mofo!

Comment

Just over a bladder infection, not so common in blokes even less common in those over 40.

Had some antibiotics - first time for me, they gave me vision probs so was taken off them.

Still it's cleared up and at least I can have a pee without feeling I'm trying to pass molten metal - ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                  You may well have to go on to insulin if they can't control your condition with pills. It's rarer but does happen - my dad is Type II insulin-dependent. It sucks but I guess I may go the same way at some point. No idea how he's become diabetic though, he eats a good diet (always has), just seems completely random
                  Errr don't you mean Type 1...?

I'm Type 1, have been for 24 years, 4 injections a day. T'is no big deal, just make sure you eat well, do a bit of execise and test yr blood regularly. And try not to get too pissed too often which can be difficult,...lol!

Never stopped me doing 'owt and never will...

Comment

Originally posted by Len View Post
                    Errr don't you mean Type 1...?

I'm Type 1, have been for 24 years, 4 injections a day. T'is no big deal, just make sure you eat well, do a bit of execise and test yr blood regularly. And try not to get too pissed too often which can be difficult,...lol!

Never stopped me doing 'owt and never will...
                    Well, I have type II (tbh, I fall between the 2, so I guess I'm type I.5) and it is possible to be Type II and insulin dependent - my dad is as well.

Luckily, I'm not a big drinker so that's no chore for me, but exercise is, as I also have quite painful arthritis in my right hip But I eat well and try to get 2 walks a day, so there's hope for me yet

I must admit though, I feel somedays like I'm falling apart

Comment

Yay, a sick people show and tell!

I've got pulmonary sarcoidosis which is more or less an inflammation and scarring of lung tissue. Basically it made any sort of exertion "fun".

And like all inflammation type diseases the "cure" is corticosteroids which suck. 3 years ago I was on quite a heavy dose and I put on three stone and had a big fat face for almost a year, not to mention the mood swings, increased appetite and skin problems. Generally the past few years haven't been that good for me

Now that the dosage has been all but reduced to nothing for the past year I've managed to start getting into shape again although I fear the scarring in my lungs makes doing heavy duty cardio even harder for me.

Still, I'm better than I was and no longer fat!

Comment

Trench foot, I think

Comment

0cd.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            0cd.
                            apparently we are all just one scratch away from that

Comment

if we're talking mental illness.... i think this thread will be a lot longer
                              Last edited by bootmonster; 23-05-2007, 15:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
                                Just over a bladder infection, not so common in blokes even less common in those over 40.

Had some antibiotics - first time for me, they gave me vision probs so was taken off them.

Still it's cleared up and at least I can have a pee without feeling I'm trying to pass molten metal - ouch!

I had this when I was 27. Did they stick a swab thing up your japs eye for good measure?

Comment

Working...
                                X