Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your current illnesses here

Let's hear about what is wrong with everyone, eh? At least it may make us feel better.

Currently I have two main health problems. One of them is a crippling nerve problem in my left leg called meralgia paresthetica. It basically feels like I have hyper-sensitive, burning hot pins and needles 24 hours a day. I have been prescribed carbemazepine, diclofenac and co-dydramol and am struggling to make it thorugh most days because I feel sleepy.

In other news I also have a cyst on my nut sack, and am going into hospital on the 11th of June to get it sorted.

Lol

Let's hear it. And nothing **** like colds.

I am allergic to fish, and recently got confirmation of this from my doctor, after 27 years its now confirmed! If i eat cod especially i will die. Simple as!

Comment

apart from needing to go to the dentist for a long deserved checkup, and getting my ears syringed, not much I guess.

*flex*

Comment

Apparently I'm allergic to eggshell... I'm trying to cut down.

Comment

Lol "flex" !!

Ears syringed - mmmm. I love having that done, shame there isn't enough wax in my ears to warrant it. Brilliant feeling, that.

Comment

I don't actually know whats involved, I heard (lol) its not painless though, and will make my hifi listening better woo \\o ahem

I've been to the doctor in the past for some embarrasing stuff, too much to mention here haha

Comment

I had a right nasty stomach thing that completely killed me on Monday. I think there must have been some dodgy meat I had on a pizza on Sunday night because I was feeling fine before that.

By 3AM I had a nasty stomach ache that kept me up, by 7AM I was on the bog all the time ****ting through the eye of a needle, and by 10AM I'd progressed to hurling up huge piles of sick. I felt like death on legs, was sweating more than after an hour long exercise session, and could barely move I felt so weak.

Luckily the throwing up gradually stopped and by Tuesday morning I felt almost 100% better, apart from still feeling a bit drained and a bit weak. Gotta be the worst 24 hour bout of sickness I've ever had!

Hope nobody was eating anything while reading that

Comment

I had a funny 24 hours after eating a wierd coleslaw sandwhich, used to be a fan, haven't touched it since. Was puking and ****ting at the same time, full on whitey.. the next day I was fine. Finished a half day early at work though due to being too green to continue. \\o

Comment

Hmmm. You can't tell me that there aren't these horrible bug things arond these days that are, like, mutated and stuff and give you these rank horrible bouts of the ****s and that. I have had the exact same thing as Human Energy at least 4 times in the last few years, it is almost as though you get yer traditional tummy bug from days of yore when you were a sprog (which lasted a few days) but all compressed into a few hours.

The last time I had it, I had the old fizzy gravy so bad and it was actually burning as it fired out of my arsehole. And I hadn't even eaten anything spicy! It was just insane, felt like I was passing reggae reggae sauce through the old brass eye. Frig me that was unpleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                    I have been prescribed carbemazepine, diclofenac and co-dydramol
                    Nice mixture! I was on a cocodamol, diazepam and diclofenac diet for a while! Made me feel nice and floaty...I can see why people pay for diaepam through other means than their doctor! I had to stop taking diclofenac though as I reacted badly to it...makes me feel like my throat has been attacked with a cheese grater.

Comment

Not an illness as such, but yesterday I ran into a door frame and now my toe is purple and swollen. I dont want to go to the drs though as I can see him sending me to hospital to get an xray and I will miss the Champions league final.

Its probably broken, but my wifes a nurse and she can bandage it up for me, its all they do at the hospital anyway.

Comment

hurrah a thread for us cripples

currently i have 2 niggles

1. Atrial Fibrillation

i've got the Paroxysmal atrial fibrillation version - which is nice, at times i cant even play around with my niece and right now i'm taking beta blockers and flecianide and i've been told there might be a good chance they could cause Myocardium depression - so thanks

i may have to go for heart surgery to repair the electrical functions of my heart, which isnt so bad, but there are some possible common side effects which can cause lung failure in later years and possible loss of erection (forever)

In the 1st week of July i will be in Gosport finding out if i still have a job with my employer because of this condition, nice medical pension and pay out i guess

2. Achalasia with a Hiatus Hernia
                        its not painful - i just spew all the time, about half of the stuff i eat doesnt make it too my stomach and makes me feel awful, so it comes straight back up, been for the following so far with this and all are not nice - lost 4 stone since it started
                        Endoscopy
                        Colonoscopy (horrid)
                        manometry (horrid)
                        barium swallow lemon flavour my bum

Comment

Gastritis, mostly due to stress and bad eating habits during the week. It comes and goes - when season changes it's the worst.

Soon enough I'll have at the very least a cold - we've just got air conditioning in the office and the main cooling unit is right above my head.

Comment

Glandular fever. When it will be gone, no one knows. I'm not lethargic or anything but my immune system is *****ed*, I get ill really easily when I used to never, ever be seriously ill.

Comment

arthritis .....every joint cracks and my back locks up

my hands to ....bloody daley thompsons game for the spectrum.......

Comment

Working...
                              X