No announcement yet.

Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeeeeeah....I'm a Size 11.5...and my toes are so long people have oft commented how my toes look like fingers, how my feet are kind of like gorilla feet, thin ones.

It's like...the entire front of my foot can 'sink' through the shoe...and then I get this satisfying feeling of 'grabbing' the floor with my hand-feet.

It's a very satisfying feeling and makes me feel like I'm gripping the entire environment like a nimble chimp. But it's not good for my big toes, sadly.

Sometimes in life you have to quit ****. But Lunarcharge is SO comfy, they are amazing.

Comment

Stanley-knife + toenails = vomit!!

Comment

I agree! But a can opener isn't quite as effective!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
          Maybe THAT is the explanation???
          Dad's a podiatrist, and ingrown nails are one of the most common things he has to fix. Shoes a size too small, or with a narrow tip, nails cut too short, or the wrong walking/standing posture are the most probable causes. Whenever possible you should remove your shoes, so that nails aren't pushed into the flesh by external factors.

Comment

I just took a hobby knife to mine, cut down the sides to remove the blobs of infected flesh. Took a while to fully heal but since I did it myself I haven’t had any more problems with them growing in, hurt like a bitch doing it but the blade was super sharp so it went by very fast looked like a horror film when I was done in the bath. They look reasonably normal now despite my diy surgery lol.

Comment

When I was still in school I had an in grown toenail. my big toe on my right foot. I had the nail removed at hospital. The following day I had to go and get the dressing changed, the bandage came off easy, but unfortunately the Inadine strip had healed to my toe overnight. With no pain relief they gradually, over the course of half an hour or so, pulled the strip off. It was without a doubt the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. I may as well have slowly pulled my nail off myself.

Comment

Just called the clinic, they have my referral but said it could take up to six weeks...however, they also offer a 10-minute 'SOS appointment' should things start getting too painful/infected. And the place is only ten minutes from me. Noice.

Gonna call an SOS in on Thursday. I'd do it tomorrow but pub.

Comment

2020 is looking to continue on 2019's trend of close medical management and tinkering.

I managed to be varying degrees of sick before, during, and now after Christmas, and on one hand I've got a GP pointing a finger at the increase in dosage of one pill that took place mid-Dec at the advice of the heart failure clinic, and on the other, a nurse from said heart failure clinic casting doubt on that and still keen to move ahead with adding yet another pill to the line-up as soon as I manage to break the dependence to be no more than 15 metres from a bathroom at all times. There's also the likelihood that some time in the next few months, they'll be doing some more tests to determine if I need a defibrillator / pacemaker etc.

GP is at least running some other tests to make sure nothing else is wrong, but what I believe was intended as a reassuring (and now paraphrased) comment of "with your pharmaceutical background, I'm not surprised you feel bad", has instead stuck with me as a rather miserable outlook of how I can expect to feel.

Top medical tip folks: don't inherit heart disease.

Comment

^It really sucks seeing young folk with bad heart probs. I meet loads in my job and, without trying to be funny, my heart goes out. It must feel like some horridly unfair curse. I can sense the unfairness and it must be so crap being in and out of hospital all the bloody time.

Puts my shish into perspective, it does, makes me think.

Anyway, now to yammer on about my toes...

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    I just took a hobby knife to mine, cut down the sides to remove the blobs of infected flesh. Took a while to fully heal but since I did it myself I haven’t had any more problems with them growing in, hurt like a bitch doing it but the blade was super sharp so it went by very fast looked like a horror film when I was done in the bath. They look reasonably normal now despite my diy surgery lol.
                    Found out yesterday that the only NHS appointment I could get was the 5th Feb, rung around for quotes and got around £300-£400 for nail surgery...which I can't afford right now.

Feet been hurting like mad today, thought I'd have a bit of a bath to soak 'em, they were still killing...so I grabbed the Stanley, watched a YouTube chiropody vid and cut out as much of the offending part I could.

It was pretty painful but not bloody at all, bar one moment when I managed to stick the tip of the Stanley into the inflamed nail bed. In all honesty...they hurt about 65% less, now. I just hope I don't get infected. They don't look purple and angry anymore, that's what I'm saying.

Anyway, if it doesn't proper work, it should tide me over 'til the 5th. I just ran down the stairs with no pain at all...I haven't done that in weeks, more with a razorblade hobble!

Comment

I have this horrible cold that's been going around. I was ill at work yesterday but had to cover 2 people who were sick (including having to drive to another practice to cover them) despite me suggesting I shouldn't be nursing. Cough, shivers, sinus pains, headache whilst working resulted in the worst heartburn I have ever had in my entire life, I had to beg reception to get me some Gaviston/ Rennies/ any drugs as I felt like I was dying.

Felt the same this morning minus the heartburn but lack of sleep from coughing and aching. Called it in and felt instantly much better after a shower (started to think maybe I was too quick to call in sick) but after an hour it just became worse and worse. These bouts of painful shivering and fever ache my very core. The bloke's been unwell with it too but is 3-4 days ahead of me in recovery but has been a brilliant nurse to a rather grumpy, sneezing Blobcat.

I feel like death, I am dreading tomorrow if this is the same. I have not been able to do ANYTHING today, no energy, screens are too bright and can't read so napped and listened to Youtube most of the day. I almost feel like being at work would be better than at home but there is no way I can work in reception in this state and I defiantly cant drive if I have sneezing fits like I have been the past 24 hours.

Very tempted to invite my HR manager over to visit and bring supplies if she keeps asking what my ****ing symptoms are again.

Comment

Originally posted by Blobcat View Post
                        I have this horrible cold that's been going around.
                        You're stuck in Wuhan too? They won't let me leave.

Comment

I've had issues with nerves in my fourth finger on my right hand for years, just the knuckle closest to the fingertip. People shaking my hand sometimes squeeze a little too much and it gives me a crippling pain to the point I look like I have no strength in my hand as it just hurts too much. It's not a big thing and I doubt there is anything to be done so I've never bothered mentioning it. It's been more than 20 years now.

Today I was carrying some shopping up from the car, and I had one heavy bag on the fourth and pinkie, like I tend to. I get to my apartment and the pain is bad but nothing worse than I've had before. Except the feeling doesn't come back to my finger tip, it feels like it is asleep. There is sensation so blood flow isn't a worry, and I expect it'll come back in a day or two, but it feels like a touch blind spot. I can feel things but no actual detail comes through.

It's just weird.

Comment

Id really keep an eye on that, especially any weird new pains elsewhere and colour changes down the line. Ever had it xrayed or gotten something stuck in it/ infected in the past?

I get numbness/ recovering pins and needles sort of sensation in my right foot on the right side. I had it most evenings but luckily its something that has cleared more somewhat or (worringly) I'm used to it and it isn't such a strange sensation to me.

I had my feet checked out years and years ago because they are always deathly cold for as long as I have known the bloke so around half my life. Doctor didn't seem too worried but if it becomes more noticeable its on my list of things to get checked out, especially since I'm on constant high risk of diabetes supposedly with my messed up PCOS.

Comment

Bumping this to share my latest news and to also check in on all you other sickos on the forum.

After it being talked about for a long time, I finally had an ICD fitted back in April. I'm still in the recovery period and am not meant to be doing heavy lifting, or generally anything with my left arm. I have got my follow up appointment next week to make sure they're happy with how it's settled. Rather than a boring "it's all fine, everything's good" update, I will instead be sharing with them that I just got discharged after a five night stay in hospital following a heart attack and another pair of stents being fitted. That's my second heart attack, and third round of angioplasty, for those keeping count.

Whoooole lot of other things now follow - new clinics, new drugs, back on some old drugs, more cardiac rehab. I am a good patient who is doing what they are told and am trying to take it all in good spirits, but I am so ****ing tired, man.

Comment

We love you, Fuse.
                                Take care, buddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X