Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huzzah!!

My external ear infections which causes the cartilage in my ear to swell, the skin to go purple and my ear in general to feel like it is on fire is back!!

First time I got it landed me in Frimley Park hospital for a few days on an IV and last time (Oct 2017) I couldn't afford to have the time off work so had oral antibiotics which took forever to work.

This time I've got stronger antibiotics but been told that if there's no improvement after 3 days it's probably back to hospital!
    Last edited by teddymeow; 18-02-2019, 19:46.

Comment

Magic blow on the cartridge, then put it back in the console and you should be good to go.

Comment

Had one of the worst Charley horse cramp/ spasm's I have ever had in my life this morning when all I did was turn over to get a cuddle from the bloke. Poor [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] was only trying to be nice and I was screaming and crying blue bloody murder in agony, the neighbours upstairs must have thought he was ripping my skin off.

I couldn't walk for nearly an hour and had to be practically carried too and from the bathroom but could just about touch my toe on the floor to get out the house and get a taxi to work (I'm in reception all week so once I'm sat I knew I'd be fine). I would have taken the day off if I knew I could get cover, poor fellow receptionist has been overly kind to me recently so I didn't want to leave her on her own.

Couldn't walk properly until well into the afternoon and still very sore. Ow

Comment

It has been four or five years since I've got sick. I don't mean lone days when you feel down, but a prolonged period with fever, coughing, and dizziness. I think it has come back with a vengeance, I started with a slight fever last Sunday which peaked at 38°C during the late afternoon but got back down to 37°C in a couple of hours. Since then I've been in an out feverish states (never past 37°C though), very sore throat (could barely swallow, leading to a very restless night), coughing, sneezing, and today while I don't really have any fever (36.5°C at max), I feel incredibly dizzy. Luckily the stomach is holding firm despite a spell of diarreah one night.
          I would have gone to the doctor already but he's taken the week off but I have an appointment for Monday afternoon already.

Comment

Staff made me sick. So now they get more work. That’ll teach em 😏

Comment

Just been for an endoscopy to see if these mild chest pains I've been having for two years are stomach related.

Christ, it felt like being throat-****ed by a Sentinel from The Matrix. I was trying to act big and hard by avoiding the anesthesia. If any of you ever require an endoscopy don't do that.

Turns out I'm all clear. I was hoping they'd find something to be honest. I'm flying out for a month on Friday so the doctor very kindly sent me for a quick heart scan. Just waiting on the results now.

Comment

The heart scan came back all perfectly clear. Obviously. Really annoyed at what these pains could be. There's a possibility it's an old martial arts injury to the left of my sternum resurfacing, especially after losing so much mass. There's no way of finding that out for sure.

Comment

Glad the scan came back ok, even if it does leave you in a bit of limbo. Would agree on the endoscopy front too, those things are deeply unpleasant.

I've been feeling very rough lately, and on a physical front I'm just totally exhausted all of the time. I have a cardiology appointment tomorrow (on account of history + recent grumbles) so we'll see how things go.

Comment

It's funny how the body slowly wears out. For most people when we're young we don't give our health a thought - and quite right too because everything runs like clockwork. But then we hit forty... and it begins... little aches... little pains... we tire quicker... we heal slower... we become aware of the intricacies and complexities of our our body... aware it's past it's best... and ultimately aware of our own mortality - and not just intellectually but physically at the gut level. It makes me think of Buddhism's First Noble Truth: the suffering of old age, sickness and death are unavoidable.

Comment

I just put my back out putting on my shoes. Shoes! Feel like an old man.

Comment

Didn't wanna start a new thread but has anyone had both their big ingrowing toenails removed?

Yeah, just want to know how long the healing process takes, I'm due back at work on the 29th Jan so ideally I'd like em healed by then!

Had 'em under control for ages but now they've gone rogue, almost as though the nails have changed into curved, blade-y cutters that grow violently into the toe...almost like they've changed their entire shape over the last coupla years. Weird as.

Comment

Be careful dude, my father-in-law lost tge top of his big toe, due to a rogue ingrown toenail!

Comment

Yeah mate, I will, I'm gonna leave 'em to the professionals!

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                              Didn't wanna start a new thread but has anyone had both their big ingrowing toenails removed?

Yeah, just want to know how long the healing process takes, I'm due back at work on the 29th Jan so ideally I'd like em healed by then!

Had 'em under control for ages but now they've gone rogue, almost as though the nails have changed into curved, blade-y cutters that grow violently into the toe...almost like they've changed their entire shape over the last coupla years. Weird as.
                              Had them done on both feet several times, you might be pushing it for the 29th. They take a while for the wound to dry out also depends on if they destroy the nail bed or have just yanked them off as if they have taken the cheese grater to your toe and sliced the bed off it will take longer. Everyone heals at a different rate but the more you rest them and keep them dry the faster they should heal. The last time i had it done they were so infected the anaesthetic didn't worrk so i had to literally sit there gritting my teeth as they sliced into my toes i could feel everything. I never ever went back again to have them done i learnt how to fix them myself.

Comment

Am I weird when I say I'm looking forward to the slicing? Don't know what's happened the last 24 months to my big toes.

Hate to say it as I got hooked on Nike Lunarlon (TM) shoes in early 2018, I've had three pairs in constant rotation the last two years, two pairs of Lunarcharge and one pair of Lunarconverge for work and, I don't know, they're so damn comfy and light...ya kinda 'step through' the shoes because they're do damn squishy n nice...but they might've ended up being too good to be true???

Maybe THAT is the explanation??? I used to be able to cut a few little chunks out my big toenails with a Stanley knife and they'd be sorted for a year, now my big toes look like armour-plated Jawses and the nail is so WRONG and shield-thick, it almost feels like I've got some kind of alien parasite in my socks.

Anyhoo, back into work on 29th Jan then got five weeks unused annual leave to use up before early April so I'll sort it. It won't be fun but will deffo be doable!

Comment

Working...
                                X