No announcement yet.

Post your current illnesses here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time I have been bad in a while and it's my old nemesis tonsillitis not a happy camper today

Comment

I have just had a steroid joint injection just below my right thumb. 48 hrs rest and hand in a rigid support. Off today, so i think i'll delve into a few star wars fan edits :-)

Comment

Post your current illnesses here

Anyone had the Pityriasis rosea rash before?

It's been a few months now and still hasn't cleared up off my arms and around my neck.

it's not itching or anything just looks awful can't wear short sleeve tops.

Reading up on it again it's meant to clear up on its own with extreme cases 5 months.

Off to walk in centre tomorrow to see what a doctor can advise.

Comment

I've been lying in my bad for 2 days now with bad back pain. I find hard to get up and walking is done in the slowest of motion with crutches. I feel so useless and frustrated. I have 3 young kids and a wife who works like crazy, heading up big online commerces. Being so close to Xmas too.

Say a prayer for me guys. Had to miss a chiropractor appointment yesterday due to not being able to make it to the car. I've got another appointment this evening. I will crawl to the car if I have to.

Wish me luck.

Comment

Oh mate.
            Thinking of you.
            I hope the visit will help you make some progress.

Comment

Thanks QC

Comment

That sucks. I know what that is like and it is so debilitating. Really hope it eases off soon.

Comment

Hope things get better for you ! x

Comment

There’s nothing worse. I slipped a disc a few years ago and occasionally if I’m not careful I’ll do something, like picking up something from the floor the wrong way and it’ll end up pressing on the sciatic nerve, it’s agony for about a week. Really debilitating, hope the chiropractor can help.

Comment

Thanks guys. I did manage to get to the chiropractor this evening. They're so knowledgeable and reassuring. I got some accupuncture, a massage and tape support for now. It's quite sensitive, so no real hands-on physical adjustments. The diagnosis is that I have sprained the ligaments between the lower part of my spine, the sacrum and my pelvis which has caused the nerves surrounding to go ape and in turn my muscles to seize.

He reckons I should be good for Chrimbo. In the meantime I need to ice it and try to be mobile about once an hour (gulp!).

I'm feeling a bit better mentally after seeing the chiropractor. Fingers crossed.

Oh I crawled down the stairs backward to get to the car lol.
                      Last edited by hudson; 13-12-2018, 19:00.

Comment

Back injuries are a 'mare, get well bud, stick to sedate PSVR games until you're well!

Comment

Sorry to hear about the back hudson; hope you manage to get some relief soon.

This year's not been the best on the health front, in honesty. Have been diagnosed with sleep apnoea, diabetes, and I'm sure when some proper tests get done, IBS is quite likely also. Most disappointingly, I'm in the worst shape I've ever been in, and am finding myself in a bit of a slump.

Things could definitely be worse, but they could also be a lot better.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION].

Sorry to hear about this, mate. Defo get tests done. Hopefully, there's people you can talk to and help plan out a plan of action. Looking into diet etc Then just try to embrace it positively.

Comment

Bit my tongue and inside my cheek early this morning. I think I made the right call to push my dentist to make me a bite guard before Christmas. Had a lovely scab in my mouth and swollen tongue making me lisp slightly working in reception followed by flakes of dead tongue skin flying everywhere.

Not the worst thing in the world but along with my TMJ issues over the weekend my face feels a mess. I just hope I can eat my Christmas Dinner next week.
                              Last edited by Blobcat; 17-12-2018, 17:55.

Comment

Just a quick update about my back/pelvis injury. I did manage to get a lot better for the week of Christmas! So it was all good. Still feel aches and twinges. Mainly bruised feelings on my back and hips. More physio tonight.

Not felt well enough to spend time on PSVR though due to the head turning, weight of headset and upper body turning in games like Firewall. Soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X