Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PlayOnline News: Accounts Banned (May 23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlayOnline News: Accounts Banned (May 23)

================================================== ==========
    #General
    May 23, 2007 11:00
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Accounts Banned (May 23)
    We would like to report the termination today of multiple accounts held by players involved in the usage of third-party tools or cheats, or engaged in RMT (Real Money Trading) activities.

Based on the results of our investigation, around 3900 PlayOnline accounts were terminated while around 300 accounts were temporarily suspended.
    Additionally, we have increased the number of mass bannings against certain PlayOnline violations in order to prevent illegal acts.

Details of the violations are as follows:

- Usage of tools that allow enhanced character movement.
    May 10, Approx. 280 cases
    May 23, Approx. 20 cases

- Usage of tools that circumvent game mechanics with respect to the timing of ability use, etc. in certain areas or at points where Notorious Monsters appear.
    May 23, Approx. 150 cases

-Using cheats to automatically repeat a particular action.
    May 10, Approx. 600 cases
    May 17, Approx. 450 cases

- Accounts from people that were previously confirmed to have RMT connections, or that had violated the user agreements but re-subscribed to PlayOnline.
    May 23, Approx. 950 cases

- RMT-related activity
    May 23, Approx. 750 cases

- Instances of areas or monster holding
    May 23, Approx. 1000 cases

The termination of these accounts has led to the removal of approximately 6.4 billion gil from circulation.

We would like to remind players that as well as adversely affecting game balance, the use of third-party tools or cheats can also have consequences that are not immediately obvious, such as introducing damaging viruses, and comprising the security of private account details. Usage of third-party tools will not be tolerated within FINAL FANTASY XI, and we will continue to severely penalize any players found to be in violation of the PlayOnline Member Agreement.

As we continue to ensure a fun and balanced environment for FINAL FANTASY XI, we hope that our players enjoy the game as it was intended and take care to avoid involvement in activities that violate the PlayOnline Member Agreement.

Thank you for your continued cooperation and understanding.

================================================== ===

Even as a non Final Fantasy player it's good to see them continually taking action to give all players an even playing field

Comment

What happened to that strange character who signed up to the forum yesterday trying to advertise her "wares"? I notice the thread has since been removed.

Hopefully we won't be seeing the like again.

Comment

Looks like the RMT in dtower have been banned.

Comment

They'll be back, you watch

Stupid greedy SE, perma ban ffs!

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
            What happened to that strange character who signed up to the forum yesterday trying to advertise her "wares"? I notice the thread has since been removed.

Hopefully we won't be seeing the like again.
            Really?

I missed that but it seems it's a current tactic by an unknown group (presumed to be RMT) who have been posting on various FFXI forums with a link to a file that is basically a keylogger used to get access to people's accounts (other tactics have been mass tells to end game players with a link detailing "gilseller secret"(.

Like I said, I never saw the post yesterday, nor do i know for sure if this was the same thing but good work to the moderators for clearing it out asap

Comment

He/she posted at like 2am today, Charles trashed the thread and banned them when he got up

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                Really?

I missed that but it seems it's a current tactic by an unknown group (presumed to be RMT) who have been posting on various FFXI forums with a link to a file that is basically a keylogger used to get access to people's accounts (other tactics have been mass tells to end game players with a link detailing "gilseller secret"(.

Like I said, I never saw the post yesterday, nor do i know for sure if this was the same thing but good work to the moderators for clearing it out asap
                Both myself and Apa were sent "The gilseller's Secret." My curiosity didn't need satisfying however.

This RMT who posted yesterday provided an email address instead of a website though.

Comment

Seen this shower a few times this week will exping in the Jungles. Sadly this was taken today, after accounts were banned >.> How clear does it need to be?

Comment

Its great that SE are doing this but it causes a camping influx that pisses me off, every man and his dog now flocks to all the popular NM's and makes it harder to camp than campin against the GS.

But id rather SE keep banning and have this problem than them stop

Good stuff SE.

Comment

Working...
                    X