X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knows the feeling..

Comment

Originally posted by Plough Boy View Post
      Only had one really rank one so far which was Innis & Gunn - 6.6%. It tasted like liquid butter and in my opinion was filth in a glass.
      A funny ale that. It's been oak-aged in a barrell, a la wine or whisky.

I really like it as it's super chewy with loads of bite and nice and hign in alcohol.

It was my brew of choice for a while. Big-up Timmy Taylors BTW.

Comment

Another vote for Timothy Taylors Landlord, the local where I used to live had that on tap most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post
          Is that a big one?
          For us down here it is

We only have two 'proper' Camra events a year, that one and one in Falmouth in the winter. There are lots of smaller ones, but they're usually in pubs or hosted by a brewery.

If anyone's not been, I really recommend going to a camra beer festival. Drinking halves sounds **** (really, don't try drinking pints ), but you get to try so much and the atmosphere is tops

Last time I found an amazing pink cider, and just THE best alcoholic ginger beer ever. I also won on the tombola and mo-fo'ing shut the box!

Comment

So what is it about Real Ale that makes the CAMRA member at work stink like an open latrine when he's been out on the booze? He drinks Blandford Fly BTW if that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Swallow View Post
              Bloody hell, a Burton Bridge fan! That's my local brewery, they're the nads for bitter.
              DAMN YOU!!! The Burton Bridge Inn is my favourite pub. There Porter. Yum yum. My friends and I make an annual pilgramage to Burton. I kid not..

Comment

The landlord of the best real ale pub in town (and it really is great - around 10 real ales on, two fridges filled with beligum beer, ciders and perrys) has just opened a new pub where I live. Its a Banks & Taylor pub (Two Brewers Bitter is a great session beer) but usually has 2 or 3 B&T beers and the rest from all over the place changing weekly.

Tonights plan is to visit both pubs and sample as many real ales as my bladder will allow.

I live like a king tonight!

Comment

DAMN YOU!!! The Burton Bridge Inn is my favourite pub. There Porter. Yum yum. My friends and I make an annual pilgramage to Burton. I kid not..
                  lmk when you do, I'll prolly be there! You don't have beards, though, right?

There's a beer festival on every month or so round here..

First one I went to, the main Autumn one, I got so bladdered I woke up on my doorstep sans clothes l:/
                  Last edited by Spatial; 01-06-2007, 15:53. Reason: posts merged

Comment

Originally posted by Swallow View Post
                    lmk when you do, I'll prolly be there! You don't have beards, though, right?
                    Next time we head up there I'll let you know. We almost certainly will be in summer.

We don't have beards. Well. One of us does. But we do tend to wear silly hats and play strange games - a dice game called Perudo usually (also known as Devil's Dice).

Comment

Next time we head up there I'll let you know. We almost certainly will be in summer.

We don't have beards. Well. One of us does. But we do tend to wear silly hats and play strange games - a dice game called Perudo usually (also known as Devil's Dice).

Actually, I'm busy that night

Comment

we're sorta normal. honest.

Comment

I like my ales, I have a bit of a fetish for the St. Peters bottles! They *are* gorgeous. Tastes nice too.

I have to say though, for general supping, nothing beats Caledonian's output. Deuchars is nice but 80/- is amazing. I first tried it in the Outer Hebrides (on tap, of course) and it's a favourite of mine. Haven't found anything to beat its distinctive, smooth taste without a bitter aftertaste.

Otherwise as it's the summer it's time to stock up with Fuller's Honey Dew and Wells' Banana Beer. Both are gorgeous and summery.

Comment

yeah banana bread beer is ace, we got some here. one of our local places has mordue brewery beers such as geordie pride, big lamp, and workie ticket

bwwaaah!

Comment

Wadsworth 6X for tea tonight.

Comment

end of the nigght now and ive drank aoad of real ales, proper battered

Comment

Working...
                                X