No announcement yet.

Camra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be sure to thank the Maker appropriately.

Comment

I shall indeed.

Some quality beers recently, both bottle and cask.

Additionally, when I left the old missus, I had about 50 beers left at the house. That was in November 2012. I shifted loads of stuff out in December 2012 and February 2013. The beers went to my dads. Then I moved out and kinda forgot about them, due to the rolling-stock nature of my beer buying. He sold his house in July 2014 and I had to shift whatever beers were left. They went to the mother's house of the new missus. There they have stayed in a box until a few weeks ago. I rediscovered them in January and have tried a few. Not a single one has been a vinegar special, which is fortunate. One or two have actually matured beautifully, such as Chimay Speciale Cent Cinquante (10%), Yorkshire Dales Brewing Co Imperial Stout (11.1%), Hardknott Brewery Vitesse Noir (11%) and N'Ice Chouffe (10%). Magical.

Comment

That Imperial Stout was probably one I would have lavished attention on. Good for you sir!

Comment

I had a stout tonight that harked me back to this thread. Now normally I can't stand them, But Fyne Ales Mills & Hills, a collaboration with De Molen, was pretty blimmin' delicious.

EDIT: Ooooft, I just noticed it's 9.5%
          Last edited by Colin; 19-10-2018, 19:51.

Comment

Working...
          X