Space Channel 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Space Channel 5

I played this for the very first time the other day and the game doesn't seem to always recognize the button presses even if they're in the right order .

I was just wondering did anyone else find this or is the game just rock solid? Then again is it more likely that the D-pads on my controllers are f*cked and I should just stop being such a cheap-ass and replace them???

the timing on this game is ever so slightly off... it will take you a while before it clicks, i always remember it being odd feeling.

Comment

Yeah, the first game did seem a little off but not that bad. Are you playing a pAL version? Space Channel 5 pt2 is perfect though.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
        Yeah, the first game did seem a little off but not that bad. Are you playing a pAL version? Space Channel 5 pt2 is perfect though.

Yakumo
        No, it's the Japanese one. If Part 2 is perfect I'll try pick that up instead and if the problem persists I'll just get up some new pads. Saying that I'm thinking of getting an arcade stick, could I use that?

Comment

you can use an arcade stick, i found it more difficult though.

Comment

There'll be nothing wrong with your pads, it's quite a difficult game to get into the rhythm with.

The timing isn't "off" as such, it's just very tight, whereas Part 2 is much more loose and doesn't penalise you for being slighty out with your timing. I'd advise sticking with it as although it's the harder version, it's still a brilliant game.

One technique is to tap your foot or nod your head or whole body to help you get into the rhythm and exaggerate your button-presses to avoid coming in too early. Another thing that might help you is to try and play to the music even by looking away from the screen at times if that works for you.

Almost everyone that gives up on this game is usually pressing the buttons too early.

Comment

Down left, down right chu chu chu..i had the same problem.

Comment

I thought it had to do with the real time streaming off the GD.

Comment

Yep you have practically got to dance to the beat to be any good at the game. Haven't played this in years. Not sure if I still have it at home.

Comment

well if it's PERFECTLY timed then my rhythm must be utterly astounding considering i had this beaten twice through with a 100% ratio about an hour or so after i bought it on release.

bring all your women to me and i will boink them.

Comment

The thread is surely titled wrongly. It's clearly..

"Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace CHANNELFIVE!"

Comment

yeah, I found hessitating ever so slightly on when I would normally press the buttons helped a great deal with this game.

Like so many other DC era games, it banged the style flawlessly. Love it I do

Comment

Originally posted by babs View Post
                          The thread is surely titled wrongly. It's clearly..

"Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace CHANNELFIVE!"

*runs in to thread*

"JAAAAAAGUUUAR!"

*runs out*

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post

*runs in to thread*

"JAAAAAAGUUUAR!"

*runs out*

Comment

Working...
                            X