Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Salvage

Salvage ?

Looking for 6-12 players to join in on doing Salvage ? need to have Nyzul Isle runic portal and 1500 assault points per run, only looking at once a week on Wednesday night 10pm, last for a maximum of 1hr, zero time extensions, you start with 1hr and do everything you can in 1hr.

For those that don?t know, you start each Salvage with everything locked(equip, stats, /Ja?s, /Ma) and we open them up by getting cell drops from standard mobs(among other ways). With the patch change there a starting chest somewhere on the floor 1 that will give us 6-10 starting cells so we no longer have to rely on h2h skills, and mages can be useful from the start.

The goal is to get the armour drops from conditionally poped NM?s, normal mobs and the Big Boss on floor 5 or 6. 3 armour for drop for each piece type so (e.g. lvl15,25,35 legs) you trade them into the npc along with some crafting items to get back some very good equipment.

Lotting ---

No points, just say which armour set you want to aim for and lot on it, if they have the piece already its open to whoever can use it. If some someone has 2 of the 3 pieces and the last piece they need drops, they get priority on lotting.

No separate pearl to be used, just standard rargh.

Yep, as discussed yesterday I’ll give this a go.

Eventually I’d like a full set of Usukane armour (this is a pipe dream obviously) but definitely interested in going for legs followed by feet.

Comment

/ yes please, Ares for me mega boss!

Comment

Yeah, would like to give this a go also.

Comment

BLM armor would be nice, give me a reason to start doing assaults again too.

Comment

Ignore post ... I missed the time. 10pm start is a bit late here.

Comment

Well I?m hoping we can get more people to go come Wednesday night, we have enough with 5 people farm the normal mob and nm pieces and have a poke around, but not to take on a Big Boss.

Nin, Nin, Blm, Rdm, Cor. Hopefully we can get others in the act as we?re light on melee DD, and thf or war would be good but we?ll have to see.

Comment

Moot may be interested in this once his exams finish in a couple of weeks but you're best speaking with him direct.

As you have noticed, his WAR seems to be "available" again (funny what a Joyeuse does )

Comment

Ares for me and wil be intereted, we need to watch strategies coming out. At the moment some of the big LSes are getting slaughtered in there right now.

Bosses seem to come with 10+ links etc, many have large AoEs of death also.

Will keep watching! AaD will be heading to Einherjar as well but not till we get on top of sky.

Comment

Wrong event tsing... this is about Salvage not Einherjar

Comment

Doh sorry Tobal I'm getting confused, salvage me up ^^

Comment

Tobal, can you give any pointers on what we are to expect, need to bring etc?

I don't really know much about Salvage and after the update, most of that is probably out of date. Do we need Hi-Pots, RR etc.? Do I gear for DD, evasion tanking, enmity/HNM style etc.

Comment

Being our gear, stats, magic and abilities are locked at the start the first floor mobs are very weak, but it should be easier once we get to the treasure chest, save us fighting with out h2h skills(though a sub skill of 50+ is good enough).

Go for a tank setup, 1 ninja will be the first to be equiped, looking for sub job, weapons and magic to be opened first, next magic cells to go to rdm and blm, then second nin and pld. Once the nin and pld have weapon everyone else gets weapons.

So basically our job at the start is to try and fully equip 1 nin and 1 or 2 mages(mages won?t get much till second floor), with the second nin and pld half done. The melee should at least get there weapons opened.

We?ll aim for taking on Mad Bomber NM(if we get the right pop conditions), Rampart wasp?s NM(maybe), and killing gears(for normal drops)

Bring reraiser or rr scoll(remember rr equip will be locked) and if you have hi-potion tanks from assault, take a couple in for the starting area. There will be chests that drop from normal mobs that give temporary items similar to besieged(but not as powerful)

Comment

I might be ok for this on Wednesday, despite lacking a control pad to play with. I can just about tolerate an hour trying unsuccessfully to use a keyboard to move and organise and activate macros.

Comment

Haha, I just realised the stupidness in me asking how to gear considering our gear is locked at the start anyway. But thanks, that outline has helped.

I think you’re expecting a bit much though in me remembering to bring a RR. Haven’t our ENMs taught you anything?

Comment

Working...
                              X