No announcement yet.

£48 per month to run a PS3 or "How to make yourself look stupid with maths"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had my PS3 Folding 24/7 since the UK launch and I'm certain it hasn;t added £48 a month to my leccy bill.

Comment

Originally posted by bignige View Post
      I dunno, I didn't download it yet, but I'm pretty sure it does? Have you really got a PS3?! I tried adding you, but it couldn't find your gamertag........
      No no nige i aint got a ps3, im not that silly
      Seriously though I would spread the word if I had got one, registered my name though on the registration thingy.
      FamilyFry was what it was/is hopefully going to be.

Comment

I've already checked how much power it uses and it's 170-190 watts for the ps3 and 140-160 watts for the xbox 360

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
          ?48 quid a month for 2 hours? Sorry, but I find that very difficult to believe - I have a file server pc, internet pc, laptop, plasma TV, amp, sky, pvr, xbox or xbox360 or ps3 or ps2, electric oven, fridge-freezer, lights and god knows what else on in the evening for more than 2 hours, and my combined electric and gas bill is less than ?50 a month.
          That's way too low - I'd phone up your supplier and provide them with some up-to-date meter readings - If that's all you pay a month and (I'm assuming the heating is gas?) it hasn't changed for a while you'll probably find you're racking up debt with them.

Comment

£50 a month isn't too low Yosh! If it were £50 a quarter then yeah, it's far too low, but a month that's quite high actually, maybe above average I'd guess, and we have our meter read quite regularly.

Comment

I reckon that's about right. I have a similar amount of stuff to that and mine works out to be about £50/month. That said, the idiots supplying it set my bill at £25/month for a good while, then when I owed them about £400 they changed it to £120/month. It's now back to about £50. I love them, lots and lots.

Comment

Yoshi's bedside lamp:

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
                  That's way too low - I'd phone up your supplier and provide them with some up-to-date meter readings - If that's all you pay a month and (I'm assuming the heating is gas?) it hasn't changed for a while you'll probably find you're racking up debt with them.
                  It went down by ?25 a month because I was paying too much.

Comment

I work for a pretty large utilities company - I can absolutely assure you if you're paying around £50 for BOTH services (Gas & Electric combined) then you are racking up some debt - leccy is much cheaper than gas but the gas it expensive.

We tend to set new customers around the £80-£90 mark (A MONTH) and recommend they provide regular actual meter readings monthly via the web service - And this is post-price cut.

Don't mistake paying a fixed DD as having any correlation to whether you're covering your usage or not.

You lot when they catch up :

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                      It went down by ?25 a month because I was paying too much.
                      Did you contact them then to complain you were paying too much ? If so, what time of year ?

Comment

OK given I'm in a position to do so I've just run a few queries :

Week Commencing 1st June 2007 (reporting runs Fri-Thur)

Dual Fuel Average DD set : £72.92
                        Solus Fuel Average DD set : £47.39 (majority would've been gas - much more expensive.)

Any of you on £50 a month (for dual fuel) I'd advise you go check your situation with your supplier - Unless you're on capped prices from years back (or think you are - if you've been on them for a while check the expiry date - you may find they've finished and your rates have increased) - usage is obviously lower over the Summer than Winter but cyclic variations are taken into consideration when the DD value is calculated.

Or are you all in 1 bed flats and I've missed a trick ?
                        Last edited by Yoshimax; 13-06-2007, 15:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
                          Did you contact them then to complain you were paying too much ? If so, what time of year ?
                          No, they wrote to me.

Comment

Working...
                          X