X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wonderboy View Post
    ? Or will Harrison Ford do his own
    stunts again...

Ford only performed the horse riding sequences. Otherwise it was Brit stuntman Vic Armstrong (he doubled in all three movies).

Comment

I dont think Shia LaBeouf will be that bad his new film Disturbia doesnt look that bad.

lol didnt realise Buster beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
        I expect a CGI 'extravaganza' with lots of wacky 'for the kids' moments and a cringeworthy script, when we should be getting a slightly dark action thriller aimed at an intelligent audience.

This is what worries me about Lucas' involvement.
        I agree it should be darker & aimed at us adults slightly more.

Comment

I disagree. The great thing about the Indy films is whilst they had intelligent themes like religion, it never stopped forgetting that it is just Boys own fun. If films try to be dark most of the time they just get confusing like the third pirates and spiderman films.

However, the Indy films (well the 1st and 3rd one) may be pure entertainment but they were about complex stuff. I'm hoping that they can provide a decent story and loads of fun, instead of just a lot of stuff that happens like in temple of doom. If they go too dark it will alienate kids and I fell in love with these films as a kid I would hate for another generation to miss out. I have faith that Spielberg and co. can find the right balance, after all its these kind of films spielberg does better then anyone else.

Comment

I would say though that the first Indy definitely had a dark side, as well being a Boys Own yarn. You can have fun and adventure without tacky gags and bumbling sidekicks. Look at Where Eagles Dare, a pure Boy's Own actioner.

As a kid I enjoyed the action and the awe-inspiring mystery of the Ark mythos.

By 'slightly dark' I don't mean turn it into a brooding, deadly serious tome. I mean, retain some maturity in the dialogue and set pieces. Bring genuine pathos into the script, so we care for the characters during scrapes with death, as well as enjoy watching the set pieces. In Raiders, there was real anxiety in the truck-chase sequence, as well as being hugely entertained.

I worry that Lucas with turn it into a light hearted, hollow film, that entertains but doesn't spellbind. I want an Indy film that dominates your thoughts for days after you watch it, rather than one where your enjoyment of it starts to dissipate the moment you set foot outside the cinema, like the war of the worlds remake that koepp scripted.
            Last edited by prinnysquad; 23-06-2007, 16:40.

Comment

I think it might be okay.

There's no way the film would have gone ahead without Lucas onboard. Yet despite Spielberg being a bit of a 'yes-man' when it comes to his friend I think the pair might be able to come up with some magic.

Spielberg might have gone off-track as a whole but he can still come up with some thrilling sequences. Needless to say Lucas is no longer to be trusted on his own.

Comment

So they really, really are making this then? Good lord, it was supposed to come out not long after Fate Of Atlantis.
                Well, excellent then! Hopefully this won't be another Episode 1...
                It'd be hard to see how it could be, to be honest.

Comment

I just watched all three Indy movies back to back the other day because my girlfriend has never seen them, it was enforced viewing (she is only 22 mind, Im 33 so its not her fault).

She loved them and its hard not to love them all. They all have the right mix of humour, action, romance and complexity that has made the series a standout. Yeh they all have their dark moments but they are pretty tongue in cheek if you ask me.

This could be great, with lucas' involvement though I sincerely hope Speilberg doesnt give him too much influence. Fingers crossed all round then.

Comment

This film will rule, and damn Ford ain't looking as bad as expected.
                    You know Speilberg and Ford will pull something special out the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by DANGEROUS View Post
                      This film will rule, and damn Ford ain't looking as bad as expected.
                      You know Speilberg and Ford will pull something special out the bag.
                      Hopefully a one way ticket to the Siberian salt mines with George Lucas' name on it....at least til the film's wrapped.

Comment

That pic of Ford was superb, how anyone can't be looking forward to it after that, I don't understand.

As for Lucas, I'm hoping Spielberg keeps him on the straight and narrow. I'm assuming he and Ford wouldn't have agreed if the script was another Phantom Menace.

Comment

And the new film will be called.....

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
                            And the new film will be called.....

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL
                            Are you taking the piss?

Comment

Is that a modern day Indy on an adventure to nick Damien hursts £50million peice of art before anyone else then?

Comment

Confirmed on www.indianajones.com. Rumours that he is aided in his quest by He-Man are yet to be confirmed.

Comment

Working...
                                X