Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

First pic of Harrison Ford as Old Man Indy is out - http://www.indianajones.com/communit...s20070621.html

Considering the state Ford was in last time I saw him (I think it was being interviewed about Star Wars a few years ago), that doesn't look half bad. What do you reckon?
    Last edited by Dogg Thang; 10-09-2007, 14:18. Reason: Embracing new title. Disappointed it doesn't have the word 'zombies' in it though.

A lot better than I was expecting..

Comment

I keep forgetting that theres an Indy 4 on the way. Maybe because I heard it as what I thought was a rumor about 6 yrs ago, so its just gone over my head.

I am really looking forward to this. I love the Indy films & Harrison is looking good & will no doubt look better with a bit of slap on. He still works out & is in good shape for his age.

I just hope it isnt gonna be a SW Phantom Menace type of dissapointment when its out.

Comment

I think it'll at least be filmed 'properly' with Spielberg in the director's seat. AFAIK Lucas is just one of the people working on the script.

After the last three SW films if they ruin this Indy film then my childhood really will be destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Prophet Hero View Post
          AFAIK Lucas is just one of the people working on the script.
          I really want this to be good. My concern is this ^.
          Apparently Oscar winning writer/director Frank Darrabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) wrote a script that Spielberg loved, but Lucas didn't. Now Lucas is helping to pen it instead so it could go seriously awry because of Lucas' massive ego

Let's hope not - I'd love it to be ace. On the plus side Ford looks good in that picture, and the fact that it's set 15 or so years after The Last Crusade helps account for his minor aging (considering he's over 60 now).
          Last edited by PhilG; 22-06-2007, 08:55.

Comment

Damn, long old wait til 2008 tho

Comment

I just cant see how this will be as good as any of the other 3 movies. We all know GL is **** but Speilberg hasnt been as godlike as he used to be in my eyes either!

Indy is part of my childhood so I want it to kick ass but I smell money over love in all these movies. So many others sequels have raised my expectations only to leave it bruised and bloodied. SW, Matrix, Blade Trinity, Aliens, Predator, I could go on and on.

Lets hope this is the exception but I'll wait for real reviews next year before raising even the slightest interest.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilG View Post
                Now Lucas is helping to pen it instead so it could go seriously awry because of Lucas' massive ego
                As always with the Indy films, it's Lucas' story... or partly his story. The writer they went with in the end was David Koepp who delivered the draft they're shooting, and rumour has it his draft steals bit from the previous Jeff Nathanson and Darabont attempts that Lucas rejected. I don't rate Koepp highly as a writer at all and his hiring quickly became my chief concern about the outcome of the film.

The cast is good, but I truly hope it ends up good enough to have justified making after all these years. Last Crusade ends so nicely with them riding off into the sunset.

Comment

Fantastic news! The only thing that concerns me - 'Shia LaBeouf'

Comment

Originally posted by muppettom View Post
                    Agreed! Is he in everything these days? I liked Even Stevens but in films he is just being cast as 'annoying comedy sidekick' a la Rob Schnieder in Judge Dredd. ***shudders***

Having watched the trilogy again recently, I thought Last Crusade was just stupid and annoying. Too many far out moments like meeting Hitler and the whole cup of Christ bit. Just a bit too far fetched for me. And yes, I know it wasn't a documentary.
                    Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Wasn't exactly like the first two were realistic. But I agree that Last Crusade was missing something. It seemed light, without substance. I still enjoyed it mind you.

Comment

The whole Cup of Christ bit is no more far fetched than the demons coming out of the Ark and melting the Nazi's faces at the end of Raiders. Personally I love Last Crusade, Sean Connery is brilliant as Indy's dad and the tank chase is one of the best action set pieces ever.

My hopes aren't particularly high for Indy 4 though, Ford is old, Lucas can't seem to write a decent script these days and Spielberg seems more interested in doing "serious" films like Munich rather than the summer event stuff he's well known for (although if it turns out decent it'll probably be due to Spielberg's input rather than anything else).

Comment

Raiders did have that darker side that makes it the standout fave for many when they see the trilogy again as an adult. Denholm Elliot as a bumbling Nigel Bruce-style buffoon was the achilles heel of Last Crusade as far as I'm concerned.

The news on the script is all bad. You take a superb scriptwriter then give his script to Georgey Boy, who, surprise surpise! rejects it. He drafts in a puppet writer with precious little credibility in his CV of by-the-numbers blockbusters. Hey Presto! You've got another potentially sacrilegious defamation of a classic franchise.

Lucas should be hung drawn and quartered if he skanks up the good name of Indy. He's evolved into a truly terrible filmmaker. I wouldn't let him near any more sacred cows ever again.

I expect a CGI 'extravaganza' with lots of wacky 'for the kids' moments and a cringeworthy script, when we should be getting a slightly dark action thriller aimed at an intelligent audience.
                          Last edited by prinnysquad; 22-06-2007, 14:57. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by muppettom View Post
                            only seen him in 2 movies and they were both very watchable

Constantine and Disturbia

he looks okay in transformers

Comment

I thought the script was written by David Keopp ? Who wrote Spiderman and
                              whos's writing Spiderman 4 ?

http://uk.imdb.com/name/nm0462895/

Wonder if they'll be using a lot of CGI Indy ? Or will Harrison Ford do his own
                              stunts again...

Comment

Working...
                              X