No announcement yet.

Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we're not going for my master plan world dominating horror festival thing, then I too vote Manhunt. Besides, placing Chibi Robo and Manhunt before or after each other provides a nice contrast.

Comment

I like the horror fest idea - maybe we could do it in October, to coincide with Halloween?

Comment

Another vote for Manhunt, since I've never played it and feel I should feed my dark side....

Love this idea of a horror-fest too!

Comment

Band Bros, Ray Tracers, or Shadow of Memories.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            or Shadow of Memories.
            What's wrong with you, J0e?

Comment

Originally posted by Emir View Post
              What's wrong with you, J0e?
              Nowt. SoM is a good game. Personally I'd review some wacky import stuff instead of <insert generic-mainstream-game-part-2 here> which is what seems to be happening.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Get off your high horse of sweeping generalisations.
                Panzer Dragoon Orta, Gradius V, Beneath a Steel Sky = generic mainstream games part 2????

Instead why not be useful and suggest some wacky import stuff in a way that persuades everyone that they want to play them.

And Emir, suggest something better than SoM rather dissing (at least that's what it looked like).

Comment

Also, would it work if we played Manhunt and Chibi in the same month? Or do people want a whole month for both?

Comment

I'm sure that we could handle 2 games. For instance I won't be playing Chibidribble or whatever it's called, and will be starting Manhunt very soon anyway. I don't see why we can't do the two.

Comment

I already did, Band Bros. This is an import site no? The Metroid Prime Pinball review hardly seemed worth it to me. I'll think up sommat else wacky and good reason as to why it should be played.
                      Last edited by J0e Musashi; 26-06-2007, 12:47.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

We could do monthly themes. July one could be the pairing of a bright, cheerful puzzle platformer contrasted with one of the bleakest, darkest horror experiences around. You know, light complimenting dark.

Perhaps it wouldn't hurt to consider having months centered on the best or most underrated in a certain genre, where there are a small handful of titles to choose from.

Like a modern action adventure month, a shoot'em'up month or a rhythm action game month etc.

Naming them'd be tricky though.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                          Instead why not be useful and suggest some wacky import stuff in a way that persuades everyone that they want to play them.

And Emir, suggest something better than SoM rather dissing (at least that's what it looked like).
                          Too right! I would love to hear you suggest some whacky import stuff we could all play together!!

Emir, back in your box son

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            I already did, Band Bros. This is an import site no?
                            Yeah, missed that. For some reason I was thinking it was released here.

And we are a global gaming site - i.e. we aren't constrained to the PAL region like many other uK based sites. As such we aim to cover games regardless of where they are from and that should be reflected in this part of the forum too. But note it's based on demand from readers, (unlike our reviews which cover whatever we are personally playing, thus our recent reviews showing coverage of all 3 major regions), and steered by me. If it's a crazy JPN game that we should all play, it also needs to be readily available, otherwise there's little point in me picking it (unless loads of people have it already). Most of the stuff I'd think up would be too expensive or tricky to find. Band Bros looks like a good one because it's only ?25 and available.

Comment

Right let's do Chibi Robo Vs Manhunt. See which is more fun.

Comment

Can we do Shadow of the Colossus next month (August), would tie in well considering Ico has just been done. Just a suggestion

Comment

Working...
                                X