No announcement yet.

"But can it do GT3?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, but look at Half Life on the DC. It spent more time loading bits of levels than it did actually playing them. Maybe that was just poor non-finished game stuff - in which case my texture comments are based on false assumptions.

Comment

Well Melbourne House did say they could have done Le Mans 24 at 60fps on DC without altering the visuals at all had they been given the time and resources to pull it off.

I think the DC would have struggled with the vehicle models personally, but other than that, I reckon it could have pulled the game off no problem.

Comment

DC didn't have enough geometry horsepower for GT3. hell no

sure, it could do it with a lot of loading, lower poly count, lower texture quality

but why bother

Comment

Lower texture quality?

Comment

GT3 has texturing? I thought it was all smoke and mirrors?

Comment

I miss the DC vs PS2 debates.

I still like to stick up for the DC at every given opportunity.

One of my favourites were, "why buy a PS2 and Crazy Taxi package for £299.99, when you can buy a Dreamcast with Crazy Taxi 2 for £99.99?"

Brand loyalty, they were the days!
              Last edited by MarioMark; 27-06-2007, 13:31. Reason: Typo

Comment

Don't worry. Most of the Sega crowd and bitter Sony haters have moved on to the 360. Fanboyism never dies. :P

Comment

I didn't, the 360 sucks. I swapped mine for a PS3 :P

And the DC can do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by SegaMark View Post
                    I didn't, the 360 sucks. I swapped mine for a PS3 :P

And the DC can do anything.
                    Aww, you let the side down SegaMark. Both Sega and Mark

Comment

Yeah but most of the good SEGA releases in Japan are on PS2 and probally 3.

Comment

Much like the PS3, the PS2 was utter dog-**** on first release though. It didn't stand tall enough to lick the balls of the DC.

There was just far too much class on the DC (if you were an importer) to even bother thinking about any other console, apart from the GBA I suppose.

There was seriously so much stuff on the DC that I didn't have the time to play half of it. Far too much Capcom love, infact they should have just bought the patent from Sega and carried on developing arcade games for it, making it the Capcom NeoGeo type thing. Wasn't that a rumour back when CvS2 was in development?

---

omg this thread has given me a sudden craving to go home and play F355 Challenge and Daytona... but I don't have either of those games!!1 arghh! what am I doing!??
                        Last edited by dataDave; 27-06-2007, 13:58.

Comment

I guess a lot of Sega consoles were even more amazing if you imported. There's so much stuff for the DC and Saturn I don't know where to start when I have money to spend on games...

Comment

If the DC could handle GT3, why were there no racing games that even come close to matching it? You could argue that the dreamcast didn't have time to be pushed, but GT3 was only released a year after the PS2 launch and it's been pushed much further since.

Not trying to knock the DC, but I don't see any evidence that it could do it. Sega GT looks pap compared the GT3 nevermind GT4.

Comment

Of course the DC was pushed. Kowloon, Guilin, enough said.

With another two or three years who knows what else we could have seen?

Comment

Originally posted by Concept View Post
                                Of course the DC was pushed. Kowloon, Guilin, enough said.

With another two or three years who knows what else we could have seen?
                                Under defeat

Comment

Working...
                                X