No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK guild...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all the hours I've played WoW, on all characters, the total amount of honour I've accrued is zero.

Warlock is one of the classes I've never really touched on. Levelled them a little (~10) but didn't feel compelled to continue. Why do I get the feeling that this is all going to end with me filling all 8 slots on another realm...

Comment

lol! Just quit typing and start lvling!!

I was the same with Warlock until Soulstone Resurrection came along. Having self-made, unlimited reraise (well, once per 30mins provided I have a soul shard) from FFXI sold it to me 100%. Reraise items are skinning me on FFXI!

Also, Voidwalker's ability to tank made me feel like I was controlling a Black Mage AND a Paladin both at once, both my favourite jobs from FFXI. His AoE provoke 'Suffering' just takes the piss until he has about seven mobs chipping him down too quickly. He'll have gone back to being normal Voidy now I've changed to destruction spec. though. T T

Woargh!!! You need some honor matey! Some top gear to be had from PvP.
      Last edited by dataDave; 27-06-2007, 13:15.

Comment

Yeah, I've never tried PvP. Even back when I was heavily into City of Heroes and they introduced the Arenas I didn't give them a try. Closest I came was when a priest friend of mine convinced me to join the BG queue... but I ended up logging before getting in.

And I'm at work, sadly. Most nights when I'm into this I don't get online until after eight.

I'll install it (And upgrade and patch and patch and patch etc...) tonight and see what happens. I won't trouble you in game until I've got a character up to a half decent level anyway, unless I decide to transfer one (Though I don't think the realm is available for transfer yet).

Comment

Turns out my CDs are dodgy. So instead of installing it, seems I'll be spending the next several hours downloading the clients instead. >_<

Comment

no way. ><

I just got DC'd out of an AB match. ; ; After two almighty nukes too...

err... I can't connect to anywhere but this website. ; ;
            Last edited by dataDave; 27-06-2007, 21:38.

Comment

It's not just my internet connection that's being daft then. I did a speed test earlier and apparently I'm marginally worse off than a 33k modem user.

Comment

Hmmm... Im very very tempted to start again.. me mate started again so I may go start with him. Lol... Hmmm but I dont want it to suck my life in again grr!

Comment

Originally posted by Dimmock View Post
                  Hmmm... Im very very tempted to start again.. me mate started again so I may go start with him. Lol... Hmmm but I dont want it to suck my life in again grr!
                  You know you want to.

Get him to transfer to Ghostlands and let's have a real sesh!

Comment

How big is your server btw? If its a new one then I could understand but I couldn't join one that has only a couple hundred people in it thats been going for like 6 months for example.

Given that there's apparently over 8 million active accounts I doubt that its THAT empty, just as long as there's always something going on. PVP aside, I like social orientated stuff as well as plenty of dungeon crawls and the like - be good to experience some proper ones as opposed to FF's "attempts" at capturing the "crawliness".

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                      How big is your server btw? If its a new one then I could understand but I couldn't join one that has only a couple hundred people in it thats been going for like 6 months for example.

Given that there's apparently over 8 million active accounts I doubt that its THAT empty, just as long as there's always something going on. PVP aside, I like social orientated stuff as well as plenty of dungeon crawls and the like - be good to experience some proper ones as opposed to FF's "attempts" at capturing the "crawliness".
                      The server population seems nice and average... My starting city (Silvermoon) was like a ghost town, but that was nice as it all felt like a 1-player game for the first 15 levels or so. It's funny how the in-game story describes it as being a ghost town too.

Numbers picked up when I ventured south into the Ghostlands. I solo'd everything there although I needed numbers behind me for the 'boss' quests and that took me just one shout to reel in three others, I even got chance to use my summoning ritual to bring in one other. Within an hour+30 we were done.

You can just shout in the LFG channel anyway, that goes out to all people currently on quests and such. If you want to go on a dungeon run for loot then it all works just like FF, you hang around until you get 4/5 (this can take a while depending on whatever dungeon you want) then go for it. You'll want to cane the Shadowfang Keep dungeon a few times as it's good exp up to lvl30 and the drops are immense, always ppl on it too and I can come along and help - having someone in your party twice your lvl isn't as silly as it sounds, just like in FF with PL'ers, the golden rule of chaos means low lvl people usually get too confident and end up dead, although if you mess up in a dungeon it can really go tits meaning the high lvl person loses control too.

The server gets really busy at weekends. Basically I'm buying decent weapons for cheap mid-week and selling them for profit at the weekends. People will pay crazy (wrong) prices for some stuff so get in there whilst you can.

On saturday Orgrimmar was packed... and a bunch of Warlocks decided to start off a 'Rain of Fire' party. lol. Massive city-scape AoE ftw!

It's been a week since I last did any quests although it is great when you think you're in a rough area all by yourself to be greeted by someone else you find on the same quest.

PvP. Mid-week you're usually waiting between 1sec and 2/3mins for a battleground entry. Basically you sign up to a queue (along with people from other servers) and then you transfer to a PvP server with all those other guys as one. It's all very seamless and works very well, you also make friends with other people that aren't even on your server, which is cool. It's all very nice making a little rep for yourself so that you get cheered by others when you enter the BG 'starting grid'. (and then get absolutely brutalised by four enemy pets all at the same time, I need AoE Fear damnit!)

It sort of dies down at midnight-ish and from then onwards you're waiting around 20-30mins for a battle.

What race are you going for Dara?
                      Last edited by dataDave; 28-06-2007, 10:24.

Comment

I was thinking undead, nice and evil and I think I have a character on another server which I could transfer. That said though, it would probably be a while before I join (my computer runs even this at a crawl, which is quite pathetic). As soon as I get some spare cash, its the first thing to get an overhaul.

What are your specs like btw?

Comment

Oh **** it ive resubbed! Im coming to ghostlands.. ill whisper you in game Mr Fallows

Comment

Obviously tons of kids up to about lvl25 and then it starts petering out... Just make sure to expect a few Shadowfang runs to go totally wrong with people screaming like turds because your DoTs are taking their kills... and then quiting out mid-way etc. The later dungeons (I've heard) become much more involved so it becomes less of a problem the higher you get.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                              What are your specs like btw?
                              Pentium 4 2.0 (got a 2.8 here to go in, not in a rush as that won't make any difference really)
                              1gb of RAM (2gb recommended)
                              GeForce 6600 (or any other gfx card for ?20-?30 on ebay will work)

I could be doing with 2gb of RAM, but my gfx are bliss anyway (everything up to max) and I'm constantly on 30-37fps... everyone I speak to is on 60fps constantly though *jealous*.

Comment

Just started a BE mage! Called Kelan! Get ya ass on David haha!

Comment

Working...
                                X