No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK guild...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wee, it's installed. I've created my first character(s) ( ), will give you a shout in game when I've levelled her up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
      Wee, it's installed. I've created my first character(s) ( ), will give you a shout in game when I've levelled her up a bit.
      Nice man.

Mage or Priest?

Comment

Priest at the moment - Neassa. I'll link her for the Armoury when she shows up in it.

Comment

Nice man, we're in need of a priest or two.

omg, I just realised last night that I'd equiped a sword a couple of weeks back worth 300-400g T T. Shadowfang itself from Shadowfang Keep which is apparently quite rare. I should have known it was special with the name but only realised last night. oh well. I'd only equiped it to skill up sword with (and didn't even do a good job of that). lol

0.02% drop chance. lol.
          Last edited by dataDave; 29-06-2007, 09:46.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
            Nice man, we're in need of a priest or two.

omg, I just realised last night that I'd equiped a sword a couple of weeks back worth 300-400g T T. Shadowfang itself from Shadowfang Keep which is apparently quite rare. I should have known it was special with the name but only realised last night. oh well. I'd only equiped it to skill up sword with (and didn't even do a good job of that). lol

0.02% drop chance. lol.
            Bloody hell, is that % the norm for good gear? Are these monsters camped heavily and with stupidly long respawn times ala FF?

Comment

Shadowfang Keep is an instance, so it's a spawn specifically for your party.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                Bloody hell, is that % the norm for good gear? Are these monsters camped heavily and with stupidly long respawn times ala FF?
                Instance (dungeon) run so totally empty apart from who you enter with. You can solo Shadowfang Keep @ about 35+.

Hence the absolutely lunatic drop rates.

Also Dara, it's a lv.19 pimping sword specifically for Battlegrounds (and for a specific dmg build on top of that), only any real use to a lv.19 BG twinker. It is pretty elite for what it's for though, one of the best in-game.

The other decent drops that you'd actually use are more common. The Shadowfang Keep boss is guaranteed to drop one of three items: Robes (passed, after 11 runs didn't get it so skipped it), a belt (got), and a dagger (also got). It's getting him to drop the one you want after a 1hr dungeon run. ><
                Last edited by dataDave; 29-06-2007, 10:27.

Comment

Woo! Weekend buying rush action! Bought an Underworld Band for 55g on Thursday with the last of my money (had to borrow 6g). The ideal ring for twinking Warlock shadow damage. I was so close to equiping it but decided to sell on the AH over the weekend for 115g instead.

I really want to stay at 39 to let people catch me up so we can get playing together. The urge to lvl into 40 is growing daily so I've had to make a new character to ease the pain lol. Just using her for enchanting at the moment as I seem to make more money from disenchanting my crafted necklaces/rings for dusts over selling them directly. She's also a priest though so can sit in the background waiting for others to make alts too.

If anyone has any requests for any jewelry just let me know (before I blow it all on enchanting lol). I have tons of mats lying around.

---

Also, my online temper reached new levels on friday after being spat on by an alliance player after I killed two of his mates one after the other lol. He one-shotted me when I was at about 10&#37; and then spammed a spit macro on me. Since then spitting on alliance players is all I've been doing. Seems to work when at the beginning of every spawn I'm attracting about 6/7/8 aggro away from the main commotion of the actual flag tactics. lol.
                  Last edited by dataDave; 02-07-2007, 10:05.

Comment

Neassa's coming along OK. Did get a little bored with her last night so bumped Ceara up a little (Mage, linked in the Armoury thread) - she'll be Herb/Alch, I'll probably try and use her for making some money, though don't be surprised if she becomes my main.

I had a player on ignore within an hour of starting Neassa. Got invited to group (Random, obviously), the player expected me to be Russian. I wasn't so he started abusing me. Nice.

Comment

Lol nice.

I haven't done that bad encountering idiots, they seem to be mainly Alliance.

When I was playing on Sancretia there was a total n00b guild starting up in Silvermoon and I was tempted to join but it's a bit pointless when my main is in PT. Most of the fun comes from playing on a fresh server not knowing what to expect with a group of people in the same boat - that's what was so ace about both the FFXI/PSU betas.

Give me a shout if you need a hand with the Tranquillien elites, as well as finishing off that boss.

---

I'm well into the Silvermoon > Tranquillien setting though. It's absolutely amazing and I'll probably never go wth any another starting race/nation. The music is just *kisses thumb + finger tips* The Dead Scar is a top idea also.

Make sure you pick up a necklace from the banshees at the western coastal watchtower! (lighthouse?) You hand it in to Lady Sylvanas (B.Elf undead @ Undercity) and she sings to the B.Elf theme in elvish. It's fantastic.
                      Last edited by dataDave; 02-07-2007, 10:30.

Comment

I know the Horde starting areas so well that I can get a character to 20 without thinking about it now. Will be interesting to see how I get on with Neassa post ~25 or so, because it'll be fairly new territory for me at that point, at least as a Priest.

It's so frustrating that I have to wait until level 40 to get the real talent.

Comment

Dimmock, have you played this any more? Don't think I've seen you online since you sent me that /w the other day.

Comment

Yeah, c'mon Dimm! We need to build a gang of us forumers and take over the guild lol (jk). It could be doing with the numbers though... I think I've only ever seen a maximum of 10/11 people in it at one time.

Most of us are stranded on lv.39 due to us all being hooked on BGs and more interested in making AH profits.

Hopefully the numbers will rise and we'll get a nice gang going.

Comment

I doubt I'll get hooked onto the PvP side (Though you never know I guess, given that I've never tried it!) but I do intend on playing the AH a little this time out. I'm going to sell my disenchanted mats and old cloth bolts (So linen after I move to wool, wool after I move to silk etc...) on the AH and see if I can't make some cash that way.

Definitely going to level Ceara when I have moments of boredom with Neassa though - and she should do well enough with Herb/Alch (My favourite professions).

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                                I doubt I'll get hooked onto the PvP side (Though you never know I guess, given that I've never tried it!)
                                Aw man, I was the same, it only took someone to kill me once though and that was it. Revenge had to be mine. Now I get off on just winding the opposition up so far that they all chase me around whilst my team get to work with the flag/bases. lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X