Gran Turismo 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gran Turismo 5

Also possibly delayed until late 2008, though I doubt it'll come that much as a surprise.

GamesRadar+ takes you closer to the games, movies and TV you love.

I'd be more surprised if it did include crash damage

Comment

Really? I'd be expecting it as a given in this generation for something like GT. Immensely disappointing if it doesn't make it in.

Comment

Well after playing Forza 2 if this doesnt have it it'll be a disgrace. Sorry but racing along at 100+ MPH and crashing and not having any damage is a joke for any so called simulator.

Comment

Originally posted by KY
          Crash damage has also once again been ruled out, Yamauchi saying that some companies don't want their cars smashed up in the game (despite damage featuring on the licensed cars of PGR, Forza and other games).

He also says adding the perfect damage system would mean changing the physics model of the game, and modelling each panel of every car separately, both normal and crumpled, with different lighting and shadows. Again, if other games can do it, why can't GT? They're not exactly short of time.

He did say, however, that crash damage could possibly be delivered as a post-release download, and that downloadable cars were a certainty.
          So they can't do it because manufacturers won't let them, it'd involve a fundamental reworking of the physics engine and independently modelling every panel of the car ?

BUT they'll sort all that out with DLC ???

Comment

lol i remember the interview with that Forza developer where he stated that the myth of car manufacturers not wanting car damage was total BS, think it was an E3 interview maybe.

Just sounds to me as if the GT team are to bloody lazy to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
              So they can't do it because manufacturers won't let them, it'd involve a fundamental reworking of the physics engine and independently modelling every panel of the car ?

BUT they'll sort all that out with DLC ???
              yeah, it'll be a sheet of stickers you can download and print out at home. you'll be able to stick them onto your Corgi GT5 replicas. trust me, it'll be amazing...

while processing power may have been a halfway decent excuse for leaving it out of GT3 and 4, considering the amount of poke the PS3 is supposed to contain having no visible crash damage in this day and age is pretty unforgivable.

Comment

Yeah well, I don't crash anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Comment

sometimes that's the best bit - seeing how mashed your car can get. witness the joy of the Xbox Lamborghini demo - hobbling round the track on 3 wheels with no bodywork

Comment

He did say, however, that crash damage could possibly be delivered as a post-release download
                    That'll be released alongside the online mode for GT4 and GT-PSP.

Originally posted by Ajay1986
                    lol i remember the interview with that Forza developer where he stated that the myth of car manufacturers not wanting car damage was total BS, think it was an E3 interview maybe.
                    Here is the bit of that interview with Dan Greenawalt you were referring to:

'There is a myth in the industry that you can?t do damage with licensed production cars. MGS has been damaging licensed production cars for about a decade ? Midtown Madness, PGR and the original Forza Motorsport all featured damage to production vehicles. It?s not easy to do, but its definitely possible ? even with Ferrari, Porsche and Lamborghini. It?s about working with the manufacturers to build a strong partnership.

I spend a lot of time talking with our manufacturers to help them understand my vision of the game and my passion for their brand. It?s actually easier for us because we?re a simulator. Of course there are limitations. If we just featured race cars or a really small number of manufacturers, we would be able to completely simulate damage down the last detail. However, most of the manufacturers are made very uncomfortable by damage that would injure the driver. Therefore, we can?t roll the car over, start the car on fire or ball the car up completely.'

Comment

can just imagine the headlines

"car owner sues sony and car manufacturer due to false advertising"

"after playing the game gt5 he liked one of the cars so he decided to buy the real thing........after several days though he wrecked it he was quoted as saying :well in the game i could hit other cars and run against walls no problem: "
                      Last edited by eastyy; 02-07-2007, 14:41.

Comment

Nobody seems to have commented on the release date, can't believe this game is still probably over a year away.

They should have pulled out all the stops and made this a PS3 launch title. End of.

Comment

There is a prologue being released this year. I think it has been clear for some time that GT5 is some way off. GT games have never been launch titles.

Comment

I heard that Polyphony said they have to pay for damage on cars and some car companies won't allow it, but Turn 10 (their rivals of Forza 2) say this is a myth. Still 120 days to develop ONE car is a LONG time compared to just 1 day on the original GT. It would take even longer to develop the graphics of a Car with damage as well. So with that in mind, if this game ends up looking far better than the already great Forza 2, then I don't mind it not having damage graphics (I only play on the inside view anyway)

Comment

120 days sounds like nonsense. Even highly detailed CG cars don't take that long (do they?).

Comment

Working...
                              X