This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S3M View Post
    Just watching a video of some SFC games and saw a clip of a game I've never seen before.

I've attached a picture any ideas what it is?
    Yep, thats 'Hyperzone' by HAL Labs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelli0n View Post
      Yep, thats 'Hyperzone' by HAL Labs.
      Indeed it is, and one to avoid at all costs.

Comment

Astro go go >

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
          Astro go go >
          Astro Go Go was King of the Rally with fancy graphics and boost features tacked on!

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak View Post
            Astro Go Go was King of the Rally with fancy graphics and boost features tacked on!
            LOL yeah same dev n engine one suspects, still good fun tho.

Comment

Okay, I have two that I can't recall the names of. If someone would be so kind...

The first I used to play at a youth club the other side of town. It was very much like Turbo, except with a top-down display. There were no bends in the track (at least, not on the first couple of levels), it was purely overtaking. At the end of each level you'd see an animation of your car zoom into the distance.

The second game I played was at my regular youth club. It was a top-down, 8-way scrolling shooter I'd say circa '88, and at the beginning of each life it'd make a "pyaaaaaaaar" sort of sound. It had many big ships that required lots of hits. I wish I could describe it more than that!

Comment

Football game, controlled by dual sticks with a red thumb button on the top. No idea what it was called, but it'd give a free credit every night at 7pm in the arcade at Pontins in Camber Sands. I'd hang around waiting for it once I'd spent all my 10p's in Gunsmoke or Sky Kid.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  Football game, controlled by dual sticks with a red thumb button on the top. No idea what it was called, but it'd give a free credit every night at 7pm in the arcade at Pontins in Camber Sands. I'd hang around waiting for it once I'd spent all my 10p's in Gunsmoke or Sky Kid.
                  What it this?

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                    The second game I played was at my regular youth club. It was a top-down, 8-way scrolling shooter I'd say circa '88, and at the beginning of each life it'd make a "pyaaaaaaaar" sort of sound. It had many big ships that required lots of hits. I wish I could describe it more than that!
                    Time Pilot?
                    or
                    Time Pilot '84?

Comment

Time Pilot '84 it was! You are good!

Playing it just now bought back some memories, although I'm not as good at it as I once was. I'll have to try it out on my MASSystems stick after work. It was too fiddly on an Xbox pad...

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                        What it this?
                        I think it was.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I had an old collection of C+VG magazines a while back, and there was a review of an arcade game where you controlled a large puppet. I remember the screenshot showed the puppets to be very large, and I got the impression that they actually moved like they were on strings.

Anyone know what it's called?

Comment

Last Apostle Puppet Show?

Comment

been looking for this game for 5 or so years (since i discovered emulators) so last ditch effort here..sorry for the very vague description its been about 15 years or so since i last played it.

its an amstrad cpc 464 game, so maybe available for c64 etc too. I remember you played it screen by screen in the same way as another world etc. Irrc you were a ninja or something and all the sprites were completely black or very close to and i remember the back grounds to be very blue..may change on different levels. I remember going through a cave and having to avoid what looked like a panther and some other crap.

like i say sorry for the vague description its been along time and thats all i can remember about it.

Comment

Originally posted by babs View Post
                                Yep... that's it.

It looked much better in the C+VG shots though.

I tried running it through mame, but it didn't work. Goes by the name "Reikai Doushi"

Thanks Babs

Comment

Working...
                                X