This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Astra View Post
    its an amstrad cpc 464 game, so maybe available for c64 etc too. I remember you played it screen by screen in the same way as another world etc. Irrc you were a ninja or something and all the sprites were completely black or very close to and i remember the back grounds to be very blue..may change on different levels. I remember going through a cave and having to avoid what looked like a panther and some other crap.
    Sounds a bit like "Fist 2".

Comment

Originally posted by Astra View Post
      been looking for this game for 5 or so years (since i discovered emulators) so last ditch effort here..sorry for the very vague description its been about 15 years or so since i last played it.

its an amstrad cpc 464 game, so maybe available for c64 etc too. I remember you played it screen by screen in the same way as another world etc. Irrc you were a ninja or something and all the sprites were completely black or very close to and i remember the back grounds to be very blue..may change on different levels. I remember going through a cave and having to avoid what looked like a panther and some other crap.

like i say sorry for the vague description its been along time and thats all i can remember about it.
      Made me immediately think of Saboteur.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoStuey View Post
        Made me immediately think of Saboteur.
        thats very similar but dont think its the one, was alot slower paced game and theres no cave level in it (found a video walkthrough of it) and i remember a cave level. but thanks anyway thats the closest ive been to it in 5 years

Comment

Actually, your description sounds a lot more like Saboteur 2, which was a bit slower (not intentionally), and I believe had underground caverns. Had lots of blue backgrounds too.

Comment

its saboteur 2

thanks to the both of you

Comment

Anyone have any idea about the Turbo clone I mentioned? It was controlled with a steering wheel & foot pedal, and it had a hi/lo gearstick.

Comment

Can anyone tell me the name of this game, I played it on a arcade machine when i was a kid.
                It takes place i a classroom and you collect hearts from girls or mayby they are allready there, and also something with chairs and a angry teacher..

Don't know if the game is great now but would like to know the name to check out some screenshots of it.

Comment

Mikie

Comment

That's the one.

Thanks*

Comment

Please make me very happy and identify my game. I played in on a long boat trip to Holland (possibly in the mid to late 80's). I remember lying back up on deck fantasising that if I ever got rich - then I'd buy one of these cabinets - what a loser! (yeah things have really changed - cough..). Anyway it had similar gameplay to Spyhunter - in that you drove a car vertically up the screen through a scrolling landscape. The level I remember was probably the first one ( I was very poor those days, and also not the best gamesplayer). It seemed like an industrial railyard setting. You could move the car left and right and shoot. Also I remember being very impressed that it was possible to exit the car, and walk around on foot! I'm sure the title of the game was something like 'Crash and Skid' or 'Burn and Drive'. I dunno about this though. Please help. I only ever saw this Arcade Cabinet on this boat. Looking back it was probably a pretty crap game. But Heh, I was young. I have to play this on MAME for spot of nostalgia. Oh it was also a 2D game (top down scroller).
                      Many thousands of thanks and much appreciation to anyone who can help.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz909 View Post
                        Please make me very happy and identify my game. I played in on a long boat trip to Holland (possibly in the mid to late 80's). I remember lying back up on deck fantasising that if I ever got rich - then I'd buy one of these cabinets - what a loser! (yeah things have really changed - cough..). Anyway it had similar gameplay to Spyhunter - in that you drove a car vertically up the screen through a scrolling landscape. The level I remember was probably the first one ( I was very poor those days, and also not the best gamesplayer). It seemed like an industrial railyard setting. You could move the car left and right and shoot. Also I remember being very impressed that it was possible to exit the car, and walk around on foot! I'm sure the title of the game was something like 'Crash and Skid' or 'Burn and Drive'. I dunno about this though. Please help. I only ever saw this Arcade Cabinet on this boat. Looking back it was probably a pretty crap game. But Heh, I was young. I have to play this on MAME for spot of nostalgia. Oh it was also a 2D game (top down scroller).
                        Many thousands of thanks and much appreciation to anyone who can help.
                        Speed Rumber AKA Rush n Crash. Best arcade game Capcom ever made.

If you want to play it, it's on CCC2 on PS2!!!

Comment

Thanks SuperfamiFreak! Much appreciated. I just googled Speed Rumbler and noticed there's also a C64 version - probably not as good though!
                          I can't wait to MAME this game. Got to get off computer now though - until tommorrow. At least I can sleep easy tonight- knowing tommorrow will be a cracking day. Meeting an old friend for a pub lunch, then got to buy some stuff in town (an ice cream scoop of all things). Then I'm going home mid-afternoon to play some Speed Rumbler and RE4 (on the GameCube - just upgraded from a Dreamcast, 2 days ago). ACE!
                          Thanks again

Comment

Just be prepared to get owned big time by that game. It's from the time when games were nails. Still top class and hell, if I had a cab with the monitor set to vert... that would be my first purchase!

Comment

More Help Needed to ID another game! (tough one)

I've been looking all over the net to try and ID this game, but I can't find it. Please help because I want to get hold of one, if possible. Much appreciated.
                              In the 80's (probably mid 80's) my brother and I got addicted to an electronic Asteroids game, which we played in BHS in Kingston (near London, UK). I think it was a tabletop style game (like those Grandstand ones), rather than a mini handheld one. For some reason I thought it may be by Milton Bradley (MB) but I can't find any evidence that they did a game like this.
                              It was definitley Asteroids, but its possible it was a copy of this game, so may be it would have a different title?
                              I'm afraid all this is a bit vague. So is there a site that has pictures of ALL electronic games ever released? If anyone can point me in this direction it would be very helpful.
                              Thanks again. (I wasted a load of money in an arcade in London today, don't you miss the days when a game cost 10 or 20p. Also why do they charge you a ?1 to use the toilet in the Troccedero, its not as much fun as the Outrun machine. Hey its the 21st century and we're still playing Outrun and Afterburner! Shame they couldn't update Gauntlet better.)

Comment

Hmmm, probably not the one but it's not the old Astro Wars one is it?

Seeing those pictures just gave me a real flashback. By god I wanted Caveman and Firefox F-7!

Comment

Working...
                                X