No announcement yet.

Seen any good Kung-Fu flicks of late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woohoo! Probably the best three Dragons film. Benny Urquidez is awesome in it.

Comment

I'll be honest, I've been underwhelmed with these releases.

Apart from the HD prints, these have little extra over the DVDs, sometimes less.

A "limited edition" slipcase isn't worth getting excited over, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        The Night Comes For Us was pretty good. There's a few tropes like characters are invincible until the plot needs a dramatic turn.
        Mainly, it's probably favours gore over action and it gets a little silly. We're talking horror film levels of gore.

I preferred Headshot, which was also gory, but by being more sparing with it, had a better impact.

Worth seeing though, if you're braced for a lot of gore!
        I watched Night Comes for Us & you are right it is freaking crazy gory

It was good but at points it was just too much...even for me

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        One never have enough Chan The MAN

Those look nice.
        Always wondered though do they really warrant 18 Certificates?
        Are they that bad now?

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
          Always wondered though do they really warrant 18 Certificates?
          Are they that bad now?

Neil

No, Just like Snake the In the Eagles Shadow and Drunken Master didn't warrant the silly OTT ratings. Have to say Dragon Fist is rather good too (forgot how great it is) with some great fight choreography and a young Chan really showing off his skill set. I hope we also get Half a Loaf of Kung Fu and Snake & Crane (the best opening to any Kung Fu Film ever) soon

Comment

Did they get lumped in with the BBFC video nasties scare like ETD getting the nunchaku scene cut?

Comment

The 18 certificate is just for hammy acting.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Did they get lumped in with the BBFC video nasties scare like ETD getting the nunchaku scene cut?
                Yeah, always made me laugh too when the nunchakus were kept in cartoons like Turtles or the Thundercats. The BBFC has always been a joke

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  Yeah, always made me laugh too when the nunchakus were kept in cartoons like Turtles or the Thundercats.
                  Don't forget they were Hero Turtles in the UK because just the world "ninja" could set kids on a kung-fu rampage!

Comment

I've always liked this film myself and the new transfer is epic and full of great extra's

Comment

At last can watch, this classic overlooked Chan film in great quality

Comment

Spot on TA. An overlooked JC film. Are these 88 Films discs imports?

Comment

No, it’s a UK label [MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION].

Comment

Thanks wakka. I’ll need to have a look for that next time I’m in HMV.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              Spot on TA. An overlooked JC film. Are these 88 Films discs imports?
                              Its one of his best ever and features one of the best opening credits to any Kung-Fu film too

88 Films is UK based and brings over classic Italian gore and Chinese Kung Fu films over to the UK market. The Kung Fu films are great as you get bonus content of the likes of Rick Baker (not the make up guy lol)

Comment

I've not seen either of those, and as a Chan fan, I probably should.
                                I've just always preferred his modern settings.

I'll be over Saturday with some Kettle Chips and beers for a double-bill, TA.

Comment

Working...
                                X