Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good ending, that fillum.

Comment

Wish this was remastered... Acquired taste like most of the genre.

Comment

I’m very tempted to pick up the poster for that. It’s a beauty.

Comment

I lost some nice posters, not kung fu. Can you pm me some good sources or dealers? Lorei is on some serious steroids in that film, it's like the answer to Commando / Arnie and them. I like so much art I never spend time on, love some 80s home computer covers and ads even if the games were crap. A lost sub culture,
          Last edited by monel; 20-05-2020, 15:06.

Comment

Watched A Book of Heroes (again) insane stunts and action and what looked to be a Project A style set LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              Watched A Book of Heroes (again) insane stunts and action and what looked to be a Project A style set LOL
              Yukari's intro is wonderful in that, doubled a lot I think but definitely an acrobatic Bruce Lee lady look. There's a HD version I never found.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                Yukari's intro is wonderful in that, doubled a lot I think but definitely an acrobatic Bruce Lee lady look. There's a HD version I never found.
                Yeah, she's amazing and seems to do a lot of the stuff herself. Really good stunts and fight choreography. Those Taiwanese, were right up there with the Hong Kong lot

Comment

It's just in that scene she's doubled quite a bit I think, not always. Especially the acrobatic stuff.

Comment

Finally seen Miracles.
                    I never got to see it and missed the HKL release. The pacing is insane. It's in a real rush at the start and JC is Godfather within about 15 minutes of the start, then there's a massive section about making the lucky rose seller seem affluent.
                    Turns out, this is the actual core of the story.

However, credit to Chan, he has a real directorial flair with some gorgeous and groundbreaking shots for the time.

Here's my Twitter thread about it.

Comment

I've only seen that once and never saw it again. I think I probably rewatched certain films of his more than watching others. Especially if Sammo and Biao were in them. I used to replay the Police Story fights, though.

Comment

Have you seen Scott Adkins has started an interview series on YouTube called "Art of Action"?
                        Great stuff!

Comment

No, but I saw it mentioned elsewhere. Red Trousers had a documentary version with interviews on the history of Hong Kong action. A good watch.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                              Finally seen Miracles.
                              I never got to see it and missed the HKL release. The pacing is insane. It's in a real rush at the start and JC is Godfather within about 15 minutes of the start, then there's a massive section about making the lucky rose seller seem affluent.
                              Turns out, this is the actual core of the story.

However, credit to Chan, he has a real directorial flair with some gorgeous and groundbreaking shots for the time.

Here's my Twitter thread about it.

It's the best film he's ever made (so far). The timing in the movements is perfection

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                Rage in the Bronx looks great!

Comment

Working...
                                X