No announcement yet.

Seen any good Kung-Fu flicks of late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the horrible night shift. I did have time to watch and enjoy Kick Boxer's Tears & Iron Angels 2. Some ace fight choreography; really fast so fluid. Those women are hard as hell LOL

Comment

Comment

Sammo and Biao look off in that art. Hard to explain but I guess it happens when using photos to translate.

Comment

Didn't mean to sound negative, they're great films even though some strongly dislike them. I think Sammo had to be forced to make some of them.

Comment

I remember not being too keen on those films BITD. Maybe a more faithful translation for the subs would help?

Comment

It might do for you, they changed quite a bit for the jokes at times I think but the subs also show they might be planning on dodgy acts to get near women. I always liked the old dubs because they just sounded funny and gave them character.

These films are best enjoyed as comedies, it helps if you like the cast, with some excellent action added in parts. They are a group of scumbags trying to stab each other in the back to pull females.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                I remember not being too keen on those films BITD. Maybe a more faithful translation for the subs would help?
                They're a weird mix of dated pervert humour and some of the best action sequences ever filmed!

Winners and Sinners has that amazing rollerskating sequence, a rare Jackie Chan Vs. Yuen Biao fight, the restaurant fight, the piano jump and that brilliantly shot finale in the warehouse:

Twinkle Twinkle Lucky stars has got the fight with Sammo and Yuen Vs. Richard Norton and Fat Cheung using tennis rackets against sai, Jackie, Yuen and Andy Lau in the warehouse fight with *that* kick and Michelle Yeoh in a great cameo:

My Lucky Stars has that amazing car chase, the bank robbery and the fantastic sequence in the theme park:

Comment

I think I might be on my way down a rabbit hole here now that these came in my Christmas stocking

I fully blame [MENTION=10111]QualityChimp[/MENTION]

Neil

Comment

Comment

fingers crossed this will be epic

Producer Jason Kothari (“Bloodshot”) has acquired all rights to the spiritual martial arts epic “The Silent Flute” co-written by Bruce Lee in 1970. Set in a dystopian future of pandemics, fires and civil wars – all weapons and combat arts are banned. A raw fighter overcomes grave obstacles and loss to reach enlightenment and become […]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          I’m SO tempted by that.

Comment

I'm more of a Golden Harvest kinda guy (mwow mwow mwow mwoooow), but It's a great bundle for Shaw Bros n00bs like me.

Comment

I always had you down as more of a Golden Shower guy.

Comment

Doesn't post for months, then sullies the thread with his puerile filth.

Plus you said you liked how warm it felt.

Comment

Working...
                                X