Seen any good Kung-Fu flicks of late?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    Yes, you bloody Southern-types are difficult to understand when you start going on about ducking and weaving.
    Didn't get that... is it some crazy sh1t I said? We're not southerners either, that's London. I've been up north, made it out alive too.

Comment

Brum is the South. It’s not the North. That’s like saying King’s Landing is the North.

The North remembers.

Comment

I really don't know the history between the regions, nobody taught us that.

Comment

On my dreaded nightshift I watched Chocolate . The stunts are insane

Comment

Some quality action in that film. Silly premise but good fun.

Comment

Castle Falls

"Three million dollars are hidden in a luxurious condominium known as The Castle. Two vicious rival gangs led by Deacon and Shea (Lundgren), are after the hidden cash but before they can retrieve it, the building’s janitor Mike (Adkins) stumbles upon it. The three groups are battling for the prize but are all under a ticking time bomb, as the building is strapped with dynamite to be demolished by the city. The three groups have 8 hours to retrieve the cash and get out alive."

DIRECTOR:
              Dolph Lundgren

STARRING:
              Dolph Lundgren, Scott Adkins

Comment

Masters of the Universe and Dark Angel, for Lundgren. Where was the film festival you mentioned?

rinny, there are film scans from the reels of Crystal Fist and Fistful of Talons, I don't keep up to date though.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                  Masters of the Universe and Dark Angel, for Lundgren. Where was the film festival you mentioned
                  Fighting Spirit Birmingham is on the 28th April at the Mockingbird Cinema

No news on 2020, but they've been taking submissions for a while and they're saying it's happening.

Mate, I realised that I've picked up some absolute classics that I've still not seen yet.
                  Look at this pile of shame! I even picked up Prodigal Son twice - HKL and CineAsia!
                  I got me some watchin' to do!

Comment

It's pretty cool looking along the shelf at all the HKL tags on the spine.
                    In CEX, I'd save time in the "World Cinema" section by looking for the HKL logo!

Comment

Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain [Xin shu shan jian ke] (Blu-ray)
                      Director: Tsui Hark
                      Stars: Biao Yuen
                      1983 Hong Kong
                      Action, Adventure, Fantasy

£17.99
                      Release Date: 20th April 2020

SPECIAL FEATURES
                      • Limited Edition O-CARD with new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 units]
                      • Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film [2000 units]
                      • 1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a brand new 2K restoration
                      • Cantonese, Mandarin, and English soundtrack options, original monaural presentations
                      • Newly translated English subtitles
                      • Brand new and exclusive feature length audio commentary by critic and Asian cinema expert Tony Rayns
                      • Brand new and exclusive interview with Tsui Hark – a lengthy and in-depth interview with director Tsui Hark filmed in 2020 exclusively for this release
                      • Zu: Time Warrior [93 mins] – the export cut of the film produced for European theatres, featuring a wraparound segment with Yuen Biao as a modern-day college student who is transported, Wizard of Oz style, to 10th Century China
                      • Tsui Hark – episode of Son of the Incredibly Strange Film Show originally aired on British television in 1989
                      • Alternate opening credits, restored to their original Western presentation
                      • Archival Interview with Yien Biao [12 mins]
                      • Archival Interview with Mang Hoi [20 mins]
                      • Archival interview with Moon Lee [20 mins]
                      • Deleted Scenes
                      • Trailers

Comment

I love Zu Warriors, more for the memory of first seeing it than the actual film. From your picture / list, Prodigal Son (Biao doubles his opponent at times), and Tiger on the Beat I'd watch first although Iceman has him against Yuen Wah again, ain't seen for years.What is more to your taste would be Licence to Steal then No Problem 2.

Comment

What is more to your taste would be Licence to Steal then No Problem 2.
                          I will investigate these, cheers!

I love Zu Warriors, more for the memory of first seeing it than the actual film.
                          Am I tight in thinking it was shown at Christmas on Channel 4 as part of their Chinese Ghost Story season?
                          Happy days!

Last edited by QualityChimp; 31-01-2020, 12:12.

Comment

I think it was shown Xmas 1994? You do have both the films I mentioned and you'll like the fights in Cheetah on Fire although no subs. Prodigal and Tiger are great films, too.

Comment

You do have both the films I mentioned
                              I get you!

Comment

I think it was shown Xmas 1994? You do have both the films I mentioned and you'll like the fights in Cheetah on Fire although no subs. Prodigal and Tiger are great films, too.
                                Mr Vampire was shown on Channel 4 before then . I remember quite a few of us taking about the film in school in 1992. CH 4 did a small season of Kung Fu films back then, including stuff like Armour or GOD .

I loved it as the the 1st time, the film's were shown in their correct ratio and with the Chinese Dub.

Comment

Working...
                                X