This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello lads. Posting this on the iPhone.

I've given the phone a bit of a test today and I have to say I'm very glad I stuck with my decision to buy one. Several people spent most of today telling me it's rubbish. You're all wrong.

The unlimited data usage is an absolute godsend. Meebo.com have an amazing web based MSN applet for the iPhone and even on GPRS it's quick and incredibly slick. So nice just to pull out my phone and be able to check on the forums then just go on MSN. Keyboard is very easy to use, the iTunes synchronization is great, the device is just lovely.

Comment

I've had a cheeky unlocked US iPhone for nearly two months now, and I've gotta say, they really are fantastic. I've enjoyed using it far more than any mobile phone, PDA or MP3 player I've had before, the interface and functionality are all just amazing, and it does look incredible.

Glad it's out here now, everyone can enjoy them!

Comment

Try http://iphone.beejive.com as well Silvergun, its the one I use on my ipod touch.

Comment

Got my iPhone this evening. It's awesome. I'm amazed how intuitive it is to use.
          I've been using mobile phones for a long time now, my first being a Philips Fizz in 1996 (http://www.gsmarena.com/philips_fizz-143.php).
          The iPhone is streets ahead of any phone I've ever used from any manufacturer. Even the best of the European phones doesn't have that kind of build quality.

Comment

I do have one question, actually.

This 'acceptable use policy' on data transfer usage.

I went a bit mad and used up 7mb today. Now normally it'd be trivial, and on previous tariffs i've been careful with how much data transfer I use. And it's only 7mb, come on... But this is with a mobile phone.

The apple police aren't going to come crashing down on me are they? What's their exact definition of 'acceptable use'? Should've read the small print I guess.

Comment

I think you'll be fine at 7Mb. It's unlimited although if you were using it for P2P or endless streaming they might have a wee word with you.

Comment

Just finished porting over all my numbers from my other phone to my shiny new iphone ... strange to say but never before has this task been so much fun

Comment

Sorry if this has already been covered, but how is the iphone in terms of subscriptions?

Surely the EU wont allow the iphone to be restricted to specific operator like in the US?

Logging off!

Comment

Exclusive to 02 at the moment in the UK

Comment

the camera on the K850i is pretty fantastiche

I looked at the apple i-phone thinghy today and it looks smashing

what wasnt smashing was the £289 handset price plus a 18 month contract at £30 a month

if it the handset was free with the contract then i would have been all over it

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                        what wasnt smashing was the ?289 handset price plus a 18 month contract at ?30 a month
                        Agreed - when you take those costs into consideration (and throw in what you actually spend on calltime), you're better off buying an unlocked iPhone.

iPhone looks like a real slick product (even though the lack of genuine 3G is a pain in the proverbial), but the iPod Touch edges it for me at this moment in time.

Comment

600 minutes plus 500 texts and unlimited web access for ?45 ... about what my contract is/was now

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu View Post
                            Exclusive to 02 at the moment in the UK

Thats crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              I think you'll be fine at 7Mb. It's unlimited although if you were using it for P2P or endless streaming they might have a wee word with you.
                              Only using it for web browsing and MSN web app.

Just seems a little too good to be true that wherever I am I can just log onto MSN and chat away and it's not costing me a penny, is all!

Comment

The unlimited usage thing really would be a godsend, I am jealous. But apart from that, iPhone doesnt really interest me and would never even consider paying that much money for one!

Comment

Working...
                                X