User Tag List

Page 188 of 193 FirstFirst ... 88178186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 1927
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34471265

"Sharp has unveiled a smartphone that doubles up as a robot.The 19.5cm (7.7in) droid can take calls, dance, respond to its owner's voice and beam videos out of its face.
    Robohon is set to go on sale in 2016, but may be more cute than it is practical."

So, a month and several tries to get a sim from giffgaff later....gave up and "Joe Bloggs" asked for a sim to be a new customer. Took less than 2 days to arrive!! *****

I'm going to three now anyway...

Nexus 5X is nice though

Carphone Warehouse got exclusivity on the Chrome Z5 Premium! **** I can't refresh onto it now... so annoyed.

And their deals are crap. 5GB upfront ?50, monthly ?54 or ?49 a month and no upfront fee... Why have that first deal?
    Last edited by shaffy_oppa; 24-10-2015 at 04:44 AM.

Apple have released an official battery case for the iPhone 6 & 6s. Overpriced at ?79, but handy for the extra juice if you really go through that much battery in a day.

Edit. For anyone interested. I purchased one of these for christmas for my friend. I find all the "hideous" comments being made by reviewers ridiculous quite frankly. The pack is actually quite nice to hold, its made of the same silicone as apple's official cases and the bulge on the back actually adds a nice shape for those with large hands. Battery wise it wont charge the phone from dead to 100%, which is once again a nice bit of short changing by apple, cheap sh**s, but if you have the battery and phone at 100% you're looking at roughly double the usage, give or take. Charging is handled through the lightning port, so all your official chargers are good to go, charge indicator is on the pull down notifications draw. Big minus goes to the headphone jack however which renders almost all headphone useless due to the extra half inch added to the port.

In short, it's an average product at the mo that needs a lot of work to be better, but does its job.
    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 10-12-2015 at 08:50 AM.

https://www.ft.com/content/c9bfa7b4-...0-9c0ad2d7c5b5

Apple squirmed a little today for once as despite reporting strong profits and userbase for their products the company fell short of its market expectations... why? In short, the iPhone X was a disappointment.

Apple confirms it now uses Google Cloud for iCloud services

"The company has stopped mentioning Microsoft Azure

Apple has confirmed that it uses Google’s public cloud to store data for its iCloud services in its latest version of the iOS Security Guide last month, as spotted by CNBC. Reports that Apple relied on Google’s cloud services surfaced in 2016 but were previously never confirmed.

Apple had previously used remote data storage systems provided by Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure. Apple’s edition of the iOS Security Guide in March 2017 still listed Microsoft Azure instead of Google Cloud Platform.

The new edition describes its iCloud service: “The encrypted chunks of the file are stored, without any user-identifying information, using third-party storage services, such as [Amazon] S3 and Google Cloud Platform.”

The report doesn’t clearly state whether Apple uses any Google cloud services outside of storing photos and videos, nor does it give a start date for when Apple first made the switch.

Apple and Google did not immediately respond to comment."

I'd really like one of these! Maybe I could replace my work phone?

Nokia’s banana phone from The Matrix is back

"Back in 1999, Keanu Reeves was famous for playing Neo in The Matrix, and not for looking sad on a bench. Nokia was also the “world’s leading mobile phone supplier” back then, and it used this popularity to feature its Nokia 8110 “banana phone” in The Matrix film. At the time everyone who considered themselves cool (definitely me) wanted a Nokia phone just like Neo’s, but most of us had to settle for the Nokia 7110 with its spring-loaded slider.

Now HMD, makers of Nokia-branded phones, is bringing the Nokia 8110 back to life as a retro classic. Just like the Nokia 3310 that was a surprise hit at Mobile World Congress last year, the 8110 plays on the same level of nostalgia. The slightly curved handset has a slider that lets you answer and end calls, and HMD is creating traditional black and banana yellow versions.

The Nokia 8110 runs on the Smart Feature OS, so this is a basic featurephone and you’re not going to get access to the Android apps found on other Nokia Android smartphones. However, HMD is creating an app store for the device, which will include Facebook so there’s a chance other third parties might create their own apps for this.

Unlike the 3310, the 8110 will ship with LTE support across Europe, with dual-SIM versions available too. Inside there’s a Qualcomm 205 Mobile Platform processor, 512MB of RAM, and 4GB of storage. While the banana phone looks big in pictures, it’s relatively small with just a 2.4-inch QVGA display and a 2-megapixel camera at the rear. You’ll even get access to a revamped Snake game, and an impressive 25 days of battery standby.

The Nokia 8110 will be available in May for just 79 euros ($97)."