Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another N95 owner here and very pleased with it. The screen is fantastic, great for photos & video, and large enough to comfortably play lucasarts games through the symbian version of ScummVM.

The GPS works superbly, although it's a little slow initially in picking the satelites.

A new firmware was released a few days ago which has improved the responsiveness of the phone for me, and it fixes alot of other stuff too, although I wasn't having any issues beforehand.

The wi-fi is nice to have, there are a disturbing amount of unsecured networks around!

You may want to wait for the N82 though, pretty much all the same features in a smaller package and a better flash.

Comment

How do you get the new firmware?

Comment

Want to check your warranty? Or do you have a question about your order? Browse our FAQs or contact our support team.

Be advised to back stuff up first. Also be prepared for your licenses for Openbit Maps/Quickoffice to magically disappear.

Don't think O2 have approved it for their branded handsets yet, but if you've got an unlocked/generic handset, or branded to any other network you should be able to update it.

Comment

I have a Nokia 6233 which is great. Does a bit of everything.

What's the difference between that and the 6300?

Comment

Siemens EL71. Looks classy, well built, great screen and sound quality. Best UI of any phone at present. IMHO.

Comment

Anyone got a Nokia N76? Quite like the look of them..

Comment

Just been searching for a relevant place to post this.

I'm going to be travelling later in the year and I'm looking for something that will let me search for and use a wi-fi hotspot (for free?) so I can browse news and download the odd podcast.

I've never had a smart-phone/PDA etc so sorry if this is all a bit basic but when you use a wi-fi hotspot how quick would it be to download a 50mb mp3 for example? And the device would have to be able to play back the file.

* I'm presuming using a wi-fi hotspot on a mobile device is free?
                * I'm specifically talking about Australia, so the device would have to be usable there.
                * I don't think I'll be on a mobile phone contract or anything (PAYG atm and possibly looking to get an Australian SIM with PAYG once I get there)

I can hold off buying anything until October if there's anything in the pipe-line or if prices are likely to drop.

Comment

Originally posted by tyler View Post
                  * I'm presuming using a wi-fi hotspot on a mobile device is free?
                  Not necessarily. Most public hotspots require a log-in (like the ones used in Starbucks), which have to be paid for.

Comment

even walking down a high street you'll find plenty of unsecure ones, so it isn't usually a problem.

Comment

I've only ever owned Sony handsets, and every single one of them has failed within a few months. Last weekend my k800i completely crashed (white screen of death!) so I've had to send it back. I like the useage of their phones, but they are unbelieveably bad for reliability. ...I'm not getting another Sony phone for a while, they clearly aren't getting better!

Contract is up next month, and I want a smart phone where I can install apps and use wifi...so I guess same question as tyler!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                        I've only ever owned Sony handsets, and every single one of them has failed within a few months. Last weekend my k800i completely crashed (white screen of death!) so I've had to send it back. I like the useage of their phones, but they are unbelieveably bad for reliability. ...I'm not getting another Sony phone for a while, they clearly aren't getting better!

Contract is up next month, and I want a smart phone where I can install apps and use wifi...so I guess same question as tyler!
                        Had the same mate fixed two weeks ago. Software upgrade done messed up again about a week ago waitin for it to be fixed for the 2nd time now. Hope it don't mess up when my contract runs out. I hear on the net most phones muck up not just Sony ones, unless someones heard otherwise. My other SE was fine n still is.

Next phone I get is an awesome Japanese one so hopefully that will be 10 x better plus more reliable. Can anyone recommend any awesome japanese phones? I know it's a long shot as maybe the Japanese based peeps won't look at this thread.
                        Last edited by JU!; 15-11-2007, 15:54.

Comment

Tyler im pretty certain the Nokia N95 meets all your requirements, tho if you want an unlocked sim free one your gonna be looking around £400.

JU! you might wanna look at getting something like a Sharp W51SH, i belive most of the top most popular phones in Japan are Sharp ones. Tho im not sure how much use a phone outside of Japan will be due to the networks in this country. Still the W51SH is a beast of a phone it even has a mini 3" Aquos screen.
                          Last edited by Ajay1986; 04-07-2007, 23:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay1986 View Post
                            JU! you might wanna look at getting something like a Sharp W51SH, i belive most of the top most popular phones in Japan are Sharp ones. Tho im not sure how much use a phone outside of Japan will be due to the networks in this country. Still the W51SH is a beast of a phone it even has a mini 3" Aquos screen.
                            Cheers mate I actually move to Japan Nov 29th, so will be in Japan. I know some of my Japanese friends could use there phones here in the U.K when on hol but it costs a bomb. I have a K800i which works fine in Japan but contract is up soon. Just don't use the Internet else you get a £380 bill like I did when you come bck lol. The calling was fine in Japan with the K800i but u have to turn off the voice mail cus that also cost a bomb n tell Vodafone etc to open up yr roaming with vodafone passport. I want Japanese e-mail texts, plus a normal Japanese number I'll have a look at some Sharp ones.

Thanks again

"W51SH is a beast of a phone it even has a mini 3" Aquos screen".

Just to say wow that phone looks awesome!!!
                            Last edited by JU!; 05-07-2007, 13:37.

Comment

I've been a recent convert to Sony Ericsson after being loyal to Nokia for years. Its only been in the last couple of years that the SE UI has caught up to and surpassed the Nokia one in terms of user friendliness IMO.

Comment

Sony Ericsson s500i

hi, im not very techy but interested in this anyone know if it is indeed out yet tried searching web.

carphone warehouse has it down as 'new' but when click buy, does feck all. in your basket absolute zilch. going into town tomorrow to see if it's about. but anyone have one? opinions if so. looks fab!

whilst on here was worth asking, i noticed that didnt seem to be a designated phone thread unless mistaken

also wouldn't have no problem (or be stung) making calls to spain -any network to try and be on? the missus is over there and aint spoken to her for a good couple of weeks due to costs.
                                Last edited by dcmk; 24-07-2007, 20:02. Reason: still poor sort it out later

Comment

Working...
                                X