X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better Battery Lasting Life too. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      You should try 1BlockerX on iOS too. Saves so much data and battery life.
      Cheers. Mine already uses almost zero battery when not in use i.e. it's at 100% when I go into the office (and leave it in my car) and 9 hours later it's still at 100%

Comment

One thing that Pie has done is make the screen incredibly dark.

I used to be able to run at 25% brightness with no issues. After updating anything less than 60% is too dark.

Comment

Got an email from Virgin saying that they were increasing my 4G speed - odd, I thought 4G is 4G.

Anyway now on my phones status bar I get a 4G+ icon.

Comment

4G+ is like 4G but the enemies are tougher.

That joke is so lame but rather than not hit the post button I'm going to leave it here as a permanent reminder to myself to try and be less crap in future. Also, I wonder what 4G+ actually is?

Comment

Should have checked it myself Brad, I've recommended this site before;
              4G+ is here but just what is it? How do you get it? And what does the future hold for it? Head through to find out.

Virgin piggyback onto EE (MVNO).

Comment

Any recommendations for second hand androids that aren't completely rubbish and slow? I've got a galaxy ace 2 that seems to take an age to do anything now - not quite sure why. Don't remember it being this bad. I reflashed it with cyanogenmod, but that didn't help either. Just need something super cheap for my daughter to use (without a sim), but not a tablet.

Comment

Considering upgrading from my iPhone 5s, much to my chagrin, because the storage size is just too small and Apple's updates are making it gradually slower. This is only my second phone in ~10 years so I don't upgrade much, so the array of phones seems quite bewildering, but they all kinda look the same?

Additionally, apps are starting to get really slow with successive updates, and many of them mandate those updates too, which prevents me from just using stuff that worked until it breaks (which is how I generally prefer phones to work). The phone stays in a Griffin Survivor case at all times and looks brand-new even now, but enough whinging...

Much as I've been an Apple device evangelist for years (for the record, I hate their computers; I just like the phones because of their straightforward nature) I'm thinking of going to Android purely because many of them have SD Card slots. What are the problems I should expect to have, making the transition? The "ecosystem" thing isn't a problem; I don't mind losing the games I have on the phone.

A friend of mine has a Razer phone, and it looked amazing. However, the price is a factor... I paid £120 for my iPhone 5s (outright) and I just can't believe the price of some of the phones these days... Do people really spend £1000 on a phone?!

Comment

You should look at phone by there likes of Xiaomi and Huawei. You can get stellar handsets for sub £150.

Depends on if you’re prepared to move over to Android really, and their phones tend to be pretty large too.

I picked up a 6s Plus for £350 on Argos this month (32GB) and I’m loving being back on iOS. iOS 12 runs really nicely on it.

Comment

Sounds crazy but if you think about the importance of a phone to some people, how much they do on it etc. then spending a lot to get everything you want doesn't sound quite so crazy. It's like people spending a fortune on a sofa but scrimping on their bed/mattress; you should be spending the money on your bed given how much time you spend in it!

I recently switched from 6+ years on Android back to iOS and am enjoying seeing random adverts when I browse the internet rather than highly specific stalking-me advertisements.

Comment

I bought a Oneplus 6T for the wife last week. She gave it to me and took my 3T instead. Very shiny indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                          You should look at phone by there likes of Xiaomi and Huawei. You can get stellar handsets for sub £150.

Depends on if you’re prepared to move over to Android really, and their phones tend to be pretty large too.

I picked up a 6s Plus for £350 on Argos this month (32GB) and I’m loving being back on iOS. iOS 12 runs really nicely on it.
                          Big fan of Xiaomi, I've currently got a Redmi Note 5 but you should also take a look at the Pocophone F1 which is also from Xiaomi.... Silly name but great phone. It's just gotten pie 9.0 and you can stick the pixel 3 camera on it.

Comment

More for those of us in Japan. UQ mobile are doing a 20,000 yen cash back offer on the new Oppo R17 Neo when switching provider. Picked one up myself. Lovely phone. Its a version between the top end and the lower end models sold in China. This version is only sold in Japan.

Info from the Web site.
                            Oppo has launched a yet another variant in the R17 series, after launching the Oppo R17 and the Oppo R17 Pro in China recently. The new device, called Oppo R17 Neo has been launched in Japan at JPY 38,988. The device features an in-display fingerprint sensor and comes with Qualcomm's Snapdragon 660 processor.

The device features a 6.4 inch full HD plus AMOLED display with 1080x2340 pixels and a 91 percent screen-to-body ratio. The device packs in 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB internal storage. The storage is expandable via microSD card up to 256 GB.

In terms of optics, the Oppo R17 Neo has a dual camera setup on the rear with a 16 MP primary camera unit and a 2 MP secondary camera unit. For the selfies, the smartphone has a 25 MP sensor.

Running the Oppo R17 Neo is Android 8.1 Oreo coupled with Oppo's custom ColorOS 5.2.

Coming to the connectivity, the smartphone includes 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, and Bluetooth 5.0.
                            Last edited by Yakumo; 07-05-2019, 23:23.

Comment

Finally got sick of all the issues I've had with my iPhone 5s and I'm getting a brand new Razer 2 tomorrow, after seeing a friend's and being totally blown away by the quality of the screen. Going to Android for the first time too, though it shouldn't be so bad as I already keep my photos on Google Drive anyway, have never really bought music or videos on my phone, and haven't sank that much into apps.

It's also going to be nice to play some mobile games again! I rarely played them on my 5s because space was at a premium. With the SD space, my new one is going to have nearly ten times the storage space of my 5s. Can't wait.

Comment

I have an SE for work which is ****e, forced to give up my superb WP for it.

I'll probably upgrade my Moto G5s Plus this year, I think Android Nougat onwards is a good o/s, I'm on Oreo. Wife got a Nokia 8.1 about six weeks ago (Pie) and rates it very much compared to her Sony XA which is bloated to the hilt, at least Moto and Nokia are more or less pure Android.

Comment

Working...
                                X