• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the model you really want.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
      Two questions, people.

1. Is there any way of finding out how strong a providers coverage is in your area before signing up to them? I've got the worst 4g ever it just dies here I've had to spend two hours to order something online and about thirty attempts just to reply to a thread here. The voice signal is bad too. Generally had decent service elsewhere so I don't really want to switch.

2. I like Samsung and HTC devices the most but need a cheap or mid range phone in an emergency. Is the Moto E4 any good? Seems to have a huge battery but low res screen and I think 16gb will mean not many apps or space. Any tips?
      Sorry for the late reply;
      Compare 4G and 5G network coverage and mobile deals on all UK networks. Find the best network for you & save hundreds of pounds by comparing the latest phone & SIM deals.

Comment

My iPhone 6 is very much on its last legs, and I'm considering replacing it for an XS. I used to be much more excited about these things, but there's not that much new about it (wireless charging, maybe?) that I'm really excited about - more than anything it's just a case of being faster / more capable to keep up with the OS changes. Also it's bloody expensive. Sigh.

Comment

You could get an XR. They're a fair wedge cheaper and run on the same chip. I'm still on the 6s. Tbh it runs great, the only annoying thing is the 16gb of storage. I considered an XR but eh, why bother while this still works?

Comment

[MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] if your battery is shagged then the phone speed will have been reduced. New battery=back to full speed. Worth looking into.

Comment

Apple just replaced my 6S battery free of charge, worth checking to see if your serial number qualifies, can’t remember their reasoning for it though.

Comment

When they first announced that you could do a replacement I made an appointment at a Genius bar, and the test they did there suggested it wasn't even worth doing - despite performance having markedly dropped, the battery supposedly isn't in that bad a state. I know they added the 'Battery Health' thing into the OS for everyone to peek at, and looking there it says much the same - it's only at 85% of original capacity. I'll probably still pursue it even if I do get a new one, just so I've got a closer-to-peak spare to pass on.

Comment

Originally posted by Anpanman View Post
                  Sorry for the late reply;
                  https://www.4g.co.uk/
                  Thanks very much I just noticed your reply.

Comment

At last, the Moto G5s Plus got the Oreo update. Open VPN still doesn't work for browsing but at least I can still log onto the router and control the Raspberry Pi.

Comment

Just updated my OnePlus 6 to 9.0.

Noice!!

Not bothered about the 6T. The notch on the 6 is smaller than other phones and there's no additional CPU or RAM in the 6T to improve performance.

Also, having the fingerprint scanner under the screen doesn't make me cry out that mine is on the back of the phone.

The 6T doesn't have a 3.5mm headphone jack either.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                        Just updated my OnePlus 6 to 9.0.

Noice!!

Not bothered about the 6T. The notch on the 6 is smaller than other phones and there's no additional CPU or RAM in the 6T to improve performance.

Also, having the fingerprint scanner under the screen doesn't make me cry out that mine is on the back of the phone.

The 6T doesn't have a 3.5mm headphone jack either.
                        More often than not I find it easier having a fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone rather than the front. You can always access it when the holding the device. I find with the front you need to hold it a certain way or use two hands. I also love being able to swipe the notification bar down using the fingerprint reader.

Comment

A month with an iPhone X now. Don’t notice the notch. Feels like it’s designed to be there. Lack of headphones jack not an issue, probably because I have a wireless charging pad from my old phone. Face ID better than the fingerprint login on my S7 because it doesn’t matter how I’m holding the phone.

Able to print to the hp and canon printers we have without me having to set anything up, something our android phones definitely couldn’t do.

Adverts when I browse the web, on any device, have become random. Ahhhhh

I did also switch to duck duck go, don’t use Facebook and I don’t sign in to YouTube but those things alone didn’t stop the obvious tracking going on.

Comment

You should try 1BlockerX on iOS too. Saves so much data and battery life.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                              You should try 1BlockerX on iOS too. Saves so much data and battery life.
                              Thanks. Did some research and it’s quite well regarded so purchased it.

Comment

Huawei boldly claims its Mate 20 X phone can take on the Nintendo Switch

Comment

Working...
                                X