X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Microsoft surface duo looks interesting
    I think both MS dual screen devices look interesting but I can't help but think a lot will happen in that market between now "holiday 2020" when they release.

At least being a 360 hinge and two separate screens you shouldn't have any of the bend issues currently stopping the Samsung Fold.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
      BTW Fuse, if you are looking at iPads, I am using an Air 2 as I mentioned. That has an A8X processor, and it still runs great on iOS 13. Games like Sayonara Wild Hearts on Arcade are very smooth too - not quite as buttery as on my iPhone XR, but not far off.

The only problem is the battery life, which isn’t great after five years.

So, with the performance of my pretty old one in mind, you might want to look at the cheapest iPad, the new seventh gen one running the A10. I think it’s a pretty good deal at £349. I’ve been thinking about getting my mum a baller gold one to replace her now very slow iPad 3.
      Exactly the one that's tempting me! I'll want to upgrade the space on it, but aside from that I'm happy enough with the standard one rather than the Air/Mini/Pro etc

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        Microsoft surface duo looks interesting
        Yes it does, what won't be interesting will be the price.

I do lament the passing of the WP, business used to have them which prompted me to get one, don't think I ever had any sort of crash or have to reset the phone due to it playing up.

Comment

I liked Windows Phone. My HTC HD7 was bloomin' awesome with its little kickstand so I could watch videos without having to hold the phone.

Comment

[MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] Add me to the “In need of a new iPad” Club - I’ve been using an iPad Mini 2 since Xmas 2012 so I’m LONG overdue an upgrade!

Pretty much the best tablet I’ve ever used but it is now crawling at this point. Not quite sure whether to go for a new standard iPad or the latest iPad Mini though.

That said, my immediate focus is Tuesday’s Google Pixel 4 reveal. I own a Pixel 2 but skipped the Pixel 3 and 3a so I think I can justify the upgrade, but I have questions about the Pixel 4 tech that Google need to answer.
            Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 13-10-2019, 17:42.

Comment

The iPad lineup is kinda weird right now, with the iPad, the confusingly named iPad Air, then the Mini, then a couple of models of the Pro.

While “The iPad”, the cheapest model, is good value at £350, I think personally I’m just gonna get a third party replacement done on mine on the cheap. Apart from the random shutoffs (it died showing 25% battery remaining today ) it actually runs great, and the screen is still super nice.

I think I’ll probably go for another once the “no home button” design on the current Pros filters down to the entry level models. By that point, my old Air 2 probably won’t be receiving software updates any more either.

If, like me, you guys do use your iPads though - a lot of people seemed to drop them after the initial craze in 2011/2012, as phone sizes increased - you should deffo upgrade. The difference between the iPad 2 and the Mini 2 and today’s ones is pretty huge.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                I liked Windows Phone. My HTC HD7 was bloomin' awesome with its little kickstand so I could watch videos without having to hold the phone.
                Really like WP as well. Stable, quick and easy to access everything, suited me.

Oh well.

My iPhone 11pro turns up next week.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  My motoG5plus has a one hand mode. You gesture on the screen and it shrinks it a bit to whichever corner your thumb is in. Very clever.
                  Charles, I know you like Moto's, I shattered the screen on my G5s Plus a while back and have just ordered a G8 Plus, they are £239.99 but Quidco has SEVENTY quid cashback from Carphone Warehouse.

Offer ends in a couple of days!

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    My motoG5plus has a one hand mode. You gesture on the screen and it shrinks it a bit to whichever corner your thumb is in. Very clever.
                    Yes! Xiaomi have this baked into their phones as well and it's a godsend for larger screens. Only annoying thing with it on their devices is if you opt for full screen gestures it disables that option as the gesture to shrink the screen is to swipe across the on screen buttons at the bottom.

Comment

Good tip [MENTION=6966]Anpanman[/MENTION]
                      Mine is still going strong and I can't see myself ever needing anything more. Battery life is still amazing. 45% and I'm just off to bed.

Comment

Got a Xiamoi redmi note 7....pretty awesome phone for the price (150 euro) 48mega pixel camera 4000mh battery, fingerprint sensor on back 3gb ram quadcore 2.2ghz.

I know there are newer models on amazon for around £220 i believe

Comment

I am liking the look of the Razr 5G

Although I still have misgivings about the longevity of folding screens on these phones, especially at £1,399, which I'm just not prepared to pay even for that level of shiny.

Comment

Current mobile is starting to break apart... What does BD recommend for a mid-range phone running stock Android? I'm tired of cumbersome customizations and useless preinstalled apps. Not interested in fancy cameras either.

Comment

No brainer if stock Android is your jam, Pixel 4a.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                                No brainer if stock Android is your jam, Pixel 4a.
                                Yep this. Best stock android experience around and the camera is exceptional and easy to use.

Edit, just saw you don't want fancy but still, it's the best by a mile...

Comment

Working...
                                X