No announcement yet.

August Version Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the option to replay CS should be available from the Mog house for a fee - it's too much of a hassle to walk all the way back to the ass end of nowhere just to view said CS again.

And I'm starting to see a similar side to the game as you Fallows - sat in one place all night pressing a button to fire arrows at some random target to level up further starts to drag when it's your 4th 60+ job. Ok, the sense of pride is there once you hit your first 75, but it's just meh after that.

And don't get me started on endgame stuff, the vast majority of it is so mind numbingly dull I just have to sit in a corner and sob into my hands. We need dungeon crawls and lots of them - running through a lag infested twilight version of Windurst losing XX number of exp against mobs that give none back has its merits for about 30 minutes before it's back to the crying.

I'm basically playing this nowadays for the story - I simply have no REAL desire to go after the "elite" gear simply to prove to others the size of my "manlihood" as I've gotten by perfectly well enough on a shoestring budget. I don't bother with NM camping either for the very reason that if I spend all evening waiting for a spawn and for some guy to just happen to wander past by accident at the very second the NM pops, to watch him claim and get the drop is very disheartening.

1. NM respawn times need to be relaxed or drop rates hightened
    2. Dynamis needs to be less dull and more unpredictable
    3. More Quests need to be repeatable and rewards need improving to match the current economy (where on earth is an adventurer coupon worth 50g going to get you these days?)
    4. SE/POL need to have something like punkbuster integrated into the client which prevents hacks/3rd party programs from loading up (The features of "legit" 3rd party software needs to be included in the game - how hard is it to add something which tells you how much mp your alliance mages have for example?)
    Last edited by Daragon; 01-08-2007, 08:42.

Comment

I actually agree with some of what you say Dara. The current method of watching cutscenes is totally impractical, especially for CoP. Want to rewatch the Mammets/Ouryu cutscenes? That will be a trip through Riverne for you sir as you need to get to Monarch Linn (don't forget your Giant Scale(s)).

Not feeling the problems with the "grind" though but maybe this has been an advantage of myself only having 1 job to 75 so far. I haven't overdone it so now that I am interested in leveling another job, the experience still feels fresh and new. Perhaps you should try doing some of these things you don't do, instead of leveling up another job for a while.

Dynamis is ****. Close to 4 hours last night and the LS got 4 relic armour drops (and a **** load of crappy weapons that no one wants). That is crap and I would say needs work. A month or 2 back I would bust my balls in Dynamis trying my hardest but a combination of one specific incident with Agrath and noticing I was the only NIN who seemed to do what NIN are supposed to do meant I stopped caring. Now, I'll only attend if there's a chance I'll get something out of it and even then, my focus is much lower.

Comment

My problem is that outside of lvling a job, everything else is something that I've been complaining about in my post If I have a range of 75s at my disposal I'm more than likely to have something that a party attempting X BC needs.

I would REALLY like to get into assault though, but I need to do it with people who know what they're doing - my problem is that I keep joining pick up groups who have absolutely no idea where they are even let along how to clear the task(s).

Comment

Christ Dara, you make it sound like hell!

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
          1. NM respawn times need to be relaxed or drop rates hightened
          I quite like NM camping as long as I'm on my own. Nice chill out time, although I know that's been the opposite for you and your PvP experiences. lol.

Can't comment

3. More Quests need to be repeatable and rewards need improving to match the current economy (where on earth is an adventurer coupon worth 50g going to get you these days?)
          Just an idea: Quest rewards could come in the form of some special synthesis recipes, exp bonus or whatever. Again, this would piss off the masses already at endgame and rightly so as Tsing says, it just increases the amount of willy-nillys in that bracket.

4. SE/POL need to have something like punkbuster integrated into the client which prevents hacks/3rd party programs from loading up (The features of "legit" 3rd party software needs to be included in the game - how hard is it to add something which tells you how much mp your alliance mages have for example?)
          Fair enough, WoW supports this and there are some top enhancements, some go as far as bloody cheating AFAIC (Gatherer: remembers resource spawn nodes and highlights them on the mini-map. Auctioneer: The ultimate monopolists plug-in; keeps history of AH sales when the AH doesn't work like that for a reason.)

Incorporating this though would allow people to create/download more up to date UGI though, strifing through grey macro bars is incredibly prehistoric... I like my pretty pictures now!! ; ;

I'd like a macro library of some kind that auto-switches when I change job.

-----

Originally posted by Tsing
          XP grind I quite like, it kept the kiddies / n00bs out of end game for a good amount of time since lowering of xp and increased xp rates I'd say overall quality of players you see at 75 has dropped.
          Blame powerlevelling mate, for me it was just as common as ever even in Aydeewa. People don't know their job as they just stand there doing nothing most of the time. SC>MB? (the timing of the end spell for BLM is actually very theraputic during grind) Who can be arsed with that?

I really don't get how so many people blatantly not interested in the true objectives of the game are still playing, when admitedly they should be playing something more up their street like WoW.

Mind, WoW doesn't have any power levelling, most people that ask for high-lvl help to solo a dungeon for them usually get "lul n00b"ed.
          Last edited by dataDave; 01-08-2007, 09:39.

Comment

I would REALLY like to get into assault though, but I need to do it with people who know what they're doing - my problem is that I keep joining pick up groups who have absolutely no idea where they are even let along how to clear the task(s).
            Be the guy who knows what they are doing

I wrote about it enough, but I pretty much cained Assault to get my Perdu Blade and a lot of this was done by shouting in Whitegate. I did have Moot as RDM which obviously helped and Gael tagged along for a lot of runs but I still had to do the shouting. You'd be surprised how many people respond to Assault shouts. Not once did i have to resign myself to not doing Assault once we decided we were going to do some.

Comment

Finally getting myself an npc is another thing I need to sort out too - that's a story arc in itself and would help LOADS for solo play.

Comment

Hopefully most of my problems will be solved once I get RNG up to 75. I have to admit that saying hitting 75 with more than one job wasn't anything to feel proud about - it is, and for me will be with RNG. The job can be really fun to play in the right situations. The boredom comes into play when you spend all evening in one party (I made over 20k in last night's alone for example). I need variety, exp needs to go hand in hand with assault for example, I can't tie myself down to just one thing or eventually the game just won't be fun to play.

I already have my Loxley bow which I obtained for the sole purpose of camping against others against NMs. The speed on that weapon is mind blowing and really does make RNG the ultimate hunter.

Comment

lolDara. No NPC yet? I was against the idea originally but now I couldn't farm without one.

All these changes we have in mind are essentially game breaking. It's time for a new online FF. I want more than one of my characters on screen at once for a start. Playing Warlock with the Voidwalker minion out is like being BLM and PLD at once \o/ He even has an AoE provoke (big cooldown though)

Comment

Still hoping one of these new jobs for WoG is going to be Necromancer - there could be alot of potential for it.

A new class of spell and the ability to summon a more powerful pet as you grow in level would really give you that insentive. More thought needs to be given to awarding things for each level you gain - jobs need ALOT more abilities and spells. BLU seems to have hit the nail on the head with the fact that you need to go out and adventure to gain your spells as opposed to just picking them up off of the AH.

Comment

Have there been any new jobs announced yet? Lots of potential for Necromancer although only being able to summon undead would obviously have it's drawbacks (unless you could summon in multiples).

Que everyone picking NEC.

Comment

Think Rare has it on the head, if you want to do assault shout up and people come. The majority don't need 6 and only needs 1 person (you) to know what the stategy is and explain it to the others. I usually have good old Tobal mind to organise me but not always

I don't find the grind so bad now with the new xp zones average seems to be around 8k per hours with good parties reaching 12k. It's a lot swifter than the old days of moon and bibiki bay. Levelling speed seems about right to me just about keeps skills capped if you work at it. For example on THF I'd noramlly cap both bows just before levelling.

Hoping to get a shot in at Nyzul tonight again though I'm fancying getting some normal assaults done as well. I still need 3 clears at Sergeant Major + the one Rare tells me he can ace (Akpallu Seizure).

Comment

Yes, I really need to get back onto the Assault train. One more Sergeant Major mission to clear (Wamoura Farm Raid) and I’d like to have the rank points capped for the next update (assuming there’s a new rank added).

I’d also like to fully complete the Sergeant Major mission Blitzkrieg. Me, Moot and Gael only just managed to clear this as a trio doing the bare minimum (killing 200 mobs) but it’s possible to clear another 100 and rescue a prisoner which think would need a full party of 6.

Comment

I quite enjoy exp'ing and doing missions/quest's. Finding people to help or people who need the missions with can be a pain in the arse at times.

I've tried Dynamis on Ragnarok and it bored the arse off me, I don?t really have much interest in end game stuff. I?d rather much be spending my time exp?ing, mission/quest or helping people with coffer keys and testimonies.

I wouldn't having a go at Assault since I've only do the one >_<

Comment

If I can persuade enough of us, I might have a go at organising a proper static for assault. This has been attempted previously but most attempts have failed as people don't tend to show up.

Now I'm online most evenings and currently don't have any other end game stuff tying me down, so if you want to give this a shot then make yourselves known.

Comment

Rare has had a kinda static running for ages ive gotten loads of assaults in with him. Have you not seen teh posts on here? lol

I kinda agree and disagree with things bein said in the last set of posts.

I always took my time through CS's and just ignored people. If anyone said anything i just said "CS". But i do agree that we should be able to watch them from our mog, or prehaps a "Cinema" type NPC in one of the towns.

If your not into standing about lvlin up and your finding it a grind then your lvlin the wrong job. I never found drk boring but that was prob because it was my first job. I did however get board of meriting for a while when i hit 75.

I then moved onto ninja which i found excellent all the way through being a tank really gave me a fresh feeling to exp. Im liking rdm atm but i think i might find it alitle boring in (healer mode) which in the newer areas rdm seems to become but meh. My feeling is if its feeling like that then move onto a different type of job. BST? PUP? PLD? NIN? COR?

I would have thought being a RNG would have been fun being the puller maybe?

If you dont like dyna dont do it, its not the be all and end all. They are never going to change it, its the way its always going to be. Its old now and thats why they have given us Einherjar which to me is going to be the new Dyna and from reports is very unpredictable. Look at tobal 20 runs + and he got all his sam gear and never has to bother with it again.

I only went back to it cause i wanted the nin gear and next the rdm as some of it is pretty decent. I find it boring to but its just the way it is, there is other gear that i could sub for it. Perfect example of somthing to do which is fun is limbus and just go for AF+1. Bit of a dungeon crawl for you there dara.

As for assault its awsome everyone should do it. Ive never had a problem with pickup groups at all. Infact ive cleard most of my missions in them.

NM camping is always gonna be hard. You have the point that you might not get the drop and also that other people maybe there too. Thats just the way it always will be.

As for end game stuff i started to find it a real pain in the ass, but since ive moved back into AaD and am helpin Tsing run it, its been awsome. Events have become fun again not just a grind.

Guess what im saying is im loving every part of the game atm.

Dyna
                                Limbus
                                EXP/Merit
                                End Game
                                Assault

Mixin all that up keeps the game fresh for me. The other day i logged in and lvld SAM to 10 cause i couldnt be arsed with anything else, its all good.

Comment

Working...
                                X