August Version Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August Version Update

The next FINAL FANTASY XI version update is scheduled to take place near the end of August.
    We are currently planning to introduce the Pit, the Chocobo Circuit, new quests and Assault missions, not to mention the final chapters of the Aht Urhgan storyline!

Details on these features, as well as a host of other changes and additions, will be released in the near future.

---------------------------------------------------

The end of Aht Urhgan missions already!!

Be good to see the end of ToAU - wonder if it's going to conclude with a battle against

Alexander

This could be really something if it's done properly - after the disappointing encounter with Promathia and the two following battles, this could be epic.
    Of course, if the "omg, teh airshipz t00 toughz for uz to winz" whiners have their way it'll be a CS with

Luzaf/Dark Rider killing it

Comment

Originally posted by djtickle View Post

The end of Aht Urhgan missions already!!
      I've not even finished COP yet >_<

Comment

Pretty much confirms the Aht Urghan mission line as being the poorest S-E have come up with (even the San d'Oria rank missions which sucked up to chapter 8 were better).

Comment

To be fair, SE have always said that ToAU was never going to rival CoP in terms of depth and the like - the expansion was primarily based on new jobs and new end game activities, it was never about some epic quest. The story does get interesting after Shield of Diplomacy however and should end on a high.

With WoG, that's going to be your CoP.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
            With WoG, that's going to be your CoP.
            Think it'll be the last expansion? They really need to treat us to FF14/15 being online.

Comment

The devs have stated that if the demand for the game remains in tact and that people want more expansions, then they'll make more.

There needs to be one which focuses on the far east or which ever area it was that Tenzen came from.

Comment

Nah I don't think it'll be the last expansion, I'd be very suprised if it was the player base is still to large to run the servers down. The game concept itself is sound and the only thing holding it back from bigger adn better things is PS2 supprt.

I think this one will stay as the SE flagship online for characters, there's an empire type one in the offing I think. Bear in mind to release another one will mostly kill FFXI so to do it it has to make sense, e.g. they will recover the developemnt costs for a whole new MMORPG and take company profits beyond that projected using FFXI, they will in the end but I reckon another 2 - 3 years.

I fear a new one mind, we'll end up with WoW mk2 if the dumbing down of FFXI we've seen so far is anythign to go by. Just what I need a MMORPG with the Halo crowd...

Speaking of which Davi why do you want a new one you've barely scratched this one yet

As for August update yeah you'd have to say ToAU has been a week mission sequence. However assault, Einherjar, new jobs, new merits, new quests and new zones I think made up for it somewhat. What we need to see is the PS2 being desupported and a more to PS3.

Far east I expect to follow the WoG expansion, its been referenced to often to be ignored.
                Last edited by Tsingtao; 31-07-2007, 13:24.

Comment

I cant wait for the next Square MMO, and im hoping this will be the last expansion, there is enough in FFXI as is, most players have not even done whats there already and its hard enough to even do the things in there right now, the problem seems to me that players would rather merit for another +1 stat than go out and try some of the new features of the game.

The best thing FFXI has going for it is its style, unlike any other mmo's on the market, but at the same time I just cant say im enjoying the difficulty in getting things done in it anymore, its just the hassle of finding the people and time to do things, progress is made so slow.

I hope Square are looking at what other mmo's are trying to do and will actually make them work in the next offering.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsingtao View Post
                    Speaking of which Davi why do you want a new one you've barely scratched this one yet
                    Because I'm one of the Halo crowd. It's impossible going back to fighting pre-scripted bosses after spending so long fighting real human opponents.

The setup regarding PvE playstyle is perfect. Most of the best gear for your particular PvP battleground bracket (lvl 20s, 30s, 40s etc) comes from dungeons 10+ lvls higher, and it's all r/e, so unless you want average-at-best gear for PvP you depend upon taking on unrealistic dungeons with a real group that knows what they're doing - you won't get anything apart from (crappy) exp doing all the easy 'green coloured' solo quests apart from scraps worth NPCing.

Don't worry, WoW has it's more challenging PvE aspects nerfed by whingers also... however, all dungeons have an untouched master setting for endgame players with endgame style drops+treasure which hardly get finished apparently - Something I said should have been done with CoP long before I knew what WoW was about.

If you want to nerf something then fine, but at least preserve the option for original mode and exclude the rewards likewise. Anything else is insulting to people that have already completed said task.

42 days spent on WoW already T_T, easily more than half the time spent on Daviravi.

Comment

I'd love to see an MMO where instead of just one character you actually lvl a group of characters at the same time, say a maximum of three. That would fit Final Fantasy perfectly.

More emphasis on making the fighting more enjoyable too. I get the impression most people prefer avoiding mob confrontation.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                        I'd love to see an MMO where instead of just one character you actually lvl a group of characters at the same time, say a maximum of three.
                        Isn't that how RMT play already

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                          If you want to nerf something then fine, but at least preserve the option for original mode and exclude the rewards likewise. Anything else is insulting to people that have already completed said task.
                          My opinion exactly. One of the things I noticed during the "Nerf It/Leave It Be" arguments on the usual forums, was that many of the people kept saying they only wanted to see the story, it wasnt fair that they couldn't progress to get the content they paid for blah blah etc.

If that was all they wanted, S-E should have implemented the changes but also preserved the old settings and make it so that you only got a CoP Ring reward if you cleared the 'master' versions.

Perfect! (Except obviously it isn't because I would bet anything that people who say "I only want it easier so I can progress and see the story" are spouting bull**** and they really wanted the shiny g34rz.)

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                            Perfect! (Except obviously it isn't because I would bet anything that people who say "I only want it easier so I can progress and see the story" are spouting bull**** and they really wanted the shiny g34rz.)
                            Every single time I try concentrating on a CS I just get "rdy?", "rdy Davi?", "Davi here?", etc. coming up in bold blue all the time. I have to go on ffxi.wiki to read the story afterwards (and I still don't have a clue about what's supposed to be going on!!). Story my arse, hardly anyone is properly interested.

That's like me complaining to S-E about the economy being busted, therefore preventing me from getting all my HQ required to carry on with all the extra content I've paid about &#163;160 in subscription fees so far for, as that's how I play.

I'm expecting the exp-per-level increments taking another massive slash next, which wouldn't be that bad actually as probably the main thing that puts me off of returning to FFXI is the massive grind for each level with nothing to show for it apart from a bigger number next to my name, 4hrs stood in the same spot, casting the same spell, vs. the same mobs over and over requires nothing apart from patience, and I don't play games to test my patience.
                            Last edited by dataDave; 31-07-2007, 15:18.

Comment

You do realise you can view every CS in full once you have seen it once either via the Bard in the zone or a goblins footprint?

You can repeat any CS any number of times outside the battlefield, no need for Wiki etc. People rush off the CSes on entry to preserve time and watch the scenes after the fight.

XP grind I quite like, it kept the kiddies / n00bs out of end game for a good amount of time since lowering of xp and increased xp rates I'd say overall quality of players you see at 75 has dropped. Once upon a time you could rely on a decent post 70 party these days you get white mages who don't know bars for mobs, blms who don't know elemental affinities, DD that can't skill chanin and tanks that don't have the faintest how to tank. The same players get lost going to camp don't bring basic meds and are generally anoying.

For me I'd rather see MPK patch removed, CoP unnerfed and XP set back to original.
                              Last edited by Tsingtao; 01-08-2007, 07:07.

Comment

Working...
                              X