No announcement yet.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I finally got a few hours free to play this.
    It's taking a while to get in tune with the controls, but I think I am just getting to the point where they are natural. It's quite exhilarating actually.
    I'm liking it more than Echoes, for sure.

Why oh why have Nintendo not knocked together some kind of FPS multiplayer game for download though? It doesn't need to be a graphics fest when you have great controls like these.

Comment

Got this at xmas with my wii.Really am enjoying up to the second seed boss helios.
      Controls are spot on.
      But what I really like are the sound effects ,ambient sounds in this .Everything just sounds right.

Comment

bump

Anyone else just get the JPN version of this? Glad if nothing else that the voice-overs are still in English, but the lack of English text (unless there's a menu option I'm missing?) is already proving to be tricky and I'm only about half an hour in... When starting I was asked a million and one different questions to, one of which I'm sure was saying something about Veteran mode? Upon selecting "No" it seemed to kick me back to the start too.

Must admit though, even with language difficulties aside, presentation wise this is quite stunning. The main menu and soundtrack were absolutely top-drawer and soaked me in completely.

Comment

I'm waiting for a few weeks/months and will get it on the cheap in Akihabara. 6000yen was a bit much.

Comment

Finished this last night.

Overall I really enjoyed the game - it just felt fun. However, there were a couple of things that didn't sit right.

The boss battles could be a little confusing, but you took so little damage that you weren't required to get the routine down pat. It felt like they'd made the combat stupidly easy to compensate for the new wii remote controls. It just felt loose.

The other is the attempt to make the game cinematic and introduce talking NPCs. I think they could easily have achieved a better result by simply making the opening level a deserted (as opposed to populated) space station. Samus could arrive to various battles too late.

The other thing that irritated (as with many different games) was that I spent far too much time wondering about with no clue how to progress. This is one of the things I find most irritating in games. I try to restrain the amount of time I play games to less than an hour and a half. If I spend the entire time wandering corridors and looking at a map, it feels like a major let down.

As I said, though - boss battles aside - I very much enjoyed this game and I look forward to a new game which has ironed out some of the narrative imperfections and has finally left the "prime" suffix behind. Might like to see a more manga art style, like in the GBA games.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
              The boss battles could be a little confusing, but you took so little damage that you weren't required to get the routine down pat. It felt like they'd made the combat stupidly easy to compensate for the new wii remote controls. It just felt loose.
              Were you playing on Veteran mode?

I started off on this, it made the bosses feel like the previous games' 'Normal' difficulty. I hardly died although just as I'd nail the routine I was on around 0 energy tanks and 50 health or so, so had to farm health from boss projectiles or something. I had trouble with two or three of the bosses but nothing took ages on the whole.

Still, very easy on the whole, but then it would be after the nightmare scenario that was Echoes on Hard mode.

I usually miss pick-ups on purpose in order to make boss fights harder, plus I enjoy a good reminiscent stroll back through the game with a spliff in hand in order to 90-100% stuff before going for the final straw. I quite liked how with Prime3 you'd go back to backtrack and things had changed slightly, like the Fed. troopers were on guard or the mechanics had been sent in to do repairs etc... made me feel welcomed on my traditional Prime backtrack ritual.

Best of the Prime series for me, only let down was the minimal soundtrack, forgiving the 2/3 themes provided by the main titles, Bryyo and Pirate Homeworld. Spaceship interaction could have been a bit better also.

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
              Those changes were made only because Metroid Prime 2 sold less than 1.3 million copies worldwide, and those who had played the game had complained about controls, backtracking and difficulty.
              Faggots.

---

This is an awesome thread, very honest and to the point.

I will defend the repeated design structure of Elysia however after disagreeing with Mayhem originally - the place is built in the sky FFS, it'd be easy to just repeat the same tower here and there, it's not like the Chozo had some rainforest or mountain face they had to carefully build around this time... it's not like it's repeat-copy-paste-repeat overkill anyway like in other games.

Also, I'm obviously here to note how many people aren't exactly let down by the lack of 1080p after playing in zOMGZ HDz... I could quote for lolz here but I can't be arsed.
              Last edited by dataDave; 30-12-2008, 05:19.

Comment

Working...
              X