Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rarghls.net web domain

Hi guys,

Just been reviewing my domains and forthcoming renewals - it looks like the Rarghls.net domain is going to cost me ?25 in November for domain registration renewal/hosting/forwarding charges.

Does anyone use it? Does anyone want it? I'm not sure its ?25 I can spare at the moment ...

Hic.

Can't say I've ever used it - was there a purpose that it actually served? All our discussions and such like occur here.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
      Can't say I've ever used it - was there a purpose that it actually served? All our discussions and such like occur here.
      Obviously it was totally pointless and Tsing and I wasted our time and money for nothing.

And you wonder why nobody helps you.

Anybody else got anything constructive to say?

Comment

Originally posted by vwilsonuk View Post
        Obviously it was totally pointless and Tsing and I wasted our time and money for nothing.

And you wonder why nobody helps you.

Anybody else got anything constructive to say?
        Ok, obviously you've taken what I said completely the wrong way. I was being serious when I asked if it served a purpose. There are character profiles on there and a list of achievements that are never updated. I don't use the site because there's nothing on there I would use. Any information I need comes from here. I won't apologise for what I said if you can't get over that.

As for the nobody ever helping me remark, I have to put that down purely to others in the shell being unavailable when I need help with something, I'd like to at least think the time and effort I put in to help others clear missions/quests and such like goes appreciated.
        Last edited by Daragon; 10-09-2007, 11:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
          I won't apologise for what I said if you can't get over that.
          Get over what, exactly? I have no issue with people not looking at it. I do take issue with people suggesting something serves no purpose when they've not taken the time to look at it, especially when myself and several other people did invest their time, effort and money to create something that was for the benefit of the group. I personally think that's quite inconsiderate and ungrateful behaviour, but you're entitled to differ in your opinions of course.

I've cancelled the renewal on the domain.

Comment

Get over what, exactly? I have no issue with people not looking at it. I do take issue with people suggesting something serves no purpose when they've not taken the time to look at it, especially when myself and several other people did invest their time, effort and money to create something that was for the benefit of the group. I personally think that's quite inconsiderate and ungrateful behaviour, but you're entitled to differ in your opinions of course.

I've cancelled the renewal on the domain.
            I don't remark on something unless I know enough about it to do so. I've been on the website enough times to realise that there's just not enough content on there for me to find the website of any serious benefit, but like you say that's my own opinion and I'm sure it won't be the same for everyone. Sometimes people seem to get the wrong end of the stick when it comes to diciphering my opinion on something and once again that seems to be the problem here. I didn't mean any disrespect when I asked whether or not it served a purpose, believe me if I wanted to be disrespectful about something I'd have been alot less subtle about it. If the site has changed enough in the 3 months since I last visited it then fair enough, I owe you an apology, but after the comments I've been forced to respond to, that would be the only occasion.

Comment

I don't expect you to apologise, and nobody is "forcing" you to respond to anything. Its up to you how you want to be, how you wish to present yourself to the world and whether you hit the "submit" button.

Comment

Hi guys,

Just been reviewing my domains and forthcoming renewals - it looks like the Rarghls.net domain is going to cost me ?25 in November for domain registration renewal/hosting/forwarding charges.

Does anyone use it? Does anyone want it? I'm not sure its ?25 I can spare at the moment ...

Hic.
                When are you coming back to the game Hicory? We need to work on some assaults.

Comment

i liked the site ... sad to see it go ... hope you still have that pic of all of us hic.

Also hope your doing well!

Comment

Hey Bev & Rush ...

Not sure when I will be back. Downloaded the updates at the weekend - POL informed me I'd been offline for two months! There's just so much I want to do out of game and pressure myself quite hard to progress with, play comes bottom of the list. It looks like I'm not going to be ready to take the JLPT exam this year having not had any time to work on that in the last few weeks, even though it was pretty important and I'd sent off for the application forms.

It is sad to see the site go and I'm glad I'm not the only person who sees it that way. Tsing probably still has all the html pages in sourcesafe, they got wiped from my webspace when demon screwed up some maintenance work and that's when I pointed the domain at the official linkshell space. The pic of all of us is on the facebook group - let me know if its vanished, facebook groups seems to have something cranky going on with images right now. Tal is the group admin as of today. I wrote to the NTSC-UK admins earlier asking them to delete my account on here. Not sure what to do with Hicory & Chakmool yet. Its a very different game these days, and a very different Rargh.

Comment

Hi Hic,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to know you that well. Thanks so much for the effort that you've put in! The pictures and the site was so clean looking and sweet! By the way, do you know that Taliz has also quit the game? He left a message on the LS as well.

Cheers. I'm taking JLPT3 end of this year, which one are you taking? Maybe we can compare notes! ^_^

Comment

stay in touch hic

Comment

Working...
                        X