No announcement yet.

Heavenly Sword - PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manage to finally finish this last night, I really enjoyed most of it! I thought Bohan was a really great villain, shame the game was very short.

The graphics are stunning btw!

Comment

haven't touched it ever since i became so frustrated due to the fact that i simply couldn't complete the Flying Fox's end of battle QTE. well, i did it today. after i figured that the timing doesn't matter as much as the right sequence of button presses.

some QTEs remain a pain in the ass though and i wonder if i am the only one who struggles with pulling them off correctly. also i think most of the more powerful combos are far too complicated to pull off. aerial combos for instance. L1+triangle then shaking the controller (how by the way?) then followed by a button combo... i think this is a bad joke.

but there's much to be loved in this game. the animation and the cut-scenes are top notch. Kai is a great character too, just sadly very limited in her combat abilities. the visuals are lush and remind me somehow of Ico. although, in straight comparison with this old PS2 classic, Heavenly Sword's graphics fail to impress me like Ico once did.

Comment

Disable sixaxis controls...

The aerial combo's are not bad with standard controls.

Comment

will do, thanks for the advise!

Comment

Thirteen years, unbelievable it took so long for me to get around to playing this. I'm currently on the third of the six chapters and it's a fascinating look back at a title that was at the very least seen as a visual benchmark for the system at launch, seeing it in comparison to what the system would eventually put out and it showcases how far the PS3 came over the course of its life because the game runs like an utter dog.

It's a very plain looking game in many ways through the lens of 2020 and the framerate feels like it's consistently very low making it worse to play than God of War 2 that launched on PS2 the same year. The voice acting is largely decent even if the story is very slight and I was quick to disable the still poor motion controls. It's a very simple and short game though so it's an inoffensive experience to go through and it would have been interesting to have experienced it back in its day before other experiences quickly superceded it.

Comment

[MENTION=345]Neon Ignition[/MENTION]'s post makes me want to try it again.

I played it years ago, and finished it, and remember really enjoying it. That being said, it was several years after launch and I got it for £3, preowned at Gamestation. Had a similar experience with Lair, too.

I know that in Lair's case, it was patched, so 6 months after launch it was a genuinely better game. I can only assume though that people's dislike of these was fuelled by them having just bought a launch PS3 at its daft launch price, and probably buying these brand-spanking new for £50, and therefore having really high expectations of them which weren't met.

Comment

Definitely different expectations in 2020, the game cost me £2.50 so really hard to take offence with it

Comment

Still could not get the hang that to block....you do nothing lol

Comment

Working...
                  X