Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girlfriend Needs Help (Latancy Problems)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girlfriend Needs Help (Latancy Problems)

My girlfriend is having problems with her WOW, here's a link to here thread on the WOW forum, any ideas much appreciated.

LINK LINK LINK

Thanks in advance.

Off the top of my head , is your dsl connection INTERLEAVED or FAST? .

The default is interleaved , get BT ( via your ISP ) to change it to FAST. It may make a difference during gaming.

Some more info here..
    ADSL, Broadband, Interleaving, Interleave, level, depth, delay, latency, data packets, error correction, explanation, INP, Impulse Noise Protection

Comment

She has a brother who plays the game, same house, her character runs fine on his PC and his low on her's so it is her comp.

She has McAffee for firewall and virus and such, can you think of anything, she said it was running fine and then just got worse and worse.

Edit: Said she has even turned of Mcafee and still the problem persits.
      Last edited by Gruce; 13-09-2007, 19:38.

Comment

Could be a lot of factors to be honest , check the free drive space , run ccleaner , spyware , viruses, disable some of the many unneeded features in windows etc. You could try some of these things.

If it's really crawled to a halt then I would just do a re-install of the OS , back to the factory state.. I doubt your missus would be too comfortable with that though.

Comment

Update: She's running Vista, only had the PC for a few weeks and said it used to work fine but has been getting worse and worse. I looked around and alot of people seem to be having trouble on Vista. Someone said uncheck IPv6 in Networking, she did but no luck.

Anyone got the game on Vista and had this problem and got a solution, thanks guys.

Comment

I can't see the link, but I assume she's complaining about choppy framerate/latency issues? I upgraded a laptop recently from XP to Vista and WoW worked perfectly on XP, and ran like a dog on Vista. I'm not even sure what's causing it, probably graphics card driver issues, but the in game latency/lag seemed to have increased as well, so who knows.

As someone else has said, if you've done all the obvious - spyware/malware checks, drive space, defragged, reinstalled OS, updated drivers and it's still borked then your only choice is to dump her and find a girlfriend with a working PC.

Comment

I'm running WoW on Vista without any issues at all.

For the record: When installing it, it was pointed out that there was a firewall which may need its settings modified in order to play the game. I was using the free version of AVG which offers no customisiation at all so I just uninstalled it.

I only really use my PC for storing music and playing WoW so I'm hoping I'm fairly low risk.

Comment

Working...
              X