Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official dreams thread: share yours here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres 2 for you. Well 1 is nice n fluffy & the other is more a a nightmare!

1. I dreamt not so long ago about walking thru a field, & when I got the the end of the fiel there was a huge tree. I walked beneath the tree & suddenly kittens started falling from the sky! I looked up at the tree & there were thousands of kittens sitting in the branches all meewing & looking cute!

2. Last wk I dreamt that I was looking up at the sky. It was daytime but u could still see the moon faintly. The I looked to the right of the moon & saw what looked like a hoop shaped spaceship (like the 1 in 2001 a Space Odyssey) but again it was faint like the moon. I asked a passer by if he could see it but no he coudlnt see anything.
    Time passed & it was now night time. I look up at the sky again & see what looks like a giant squid like monster floating in the sky high up & far off. Suddenly some jet fighters fly by to intercept it but get blasted to pieces. Then the hoop shaped craft appears above me & a search light type of thing beams down in my area.
    I hide behind a wall & just see this beam searching around. A bloke runs past me out into the night & then all I hear is lots of screaming. Dream/Nightmare ends.

I almost shat myself after that one I can tell you!

Comment

I had a horrible dream on the 24th

I just finished a long shift at work, and afterwards i smoked a joint.

Then when i got to sleep it happened

My village was being wiped out by some crazed nutter breaking into each house in my area and killing everyone.

When he got to my house i quickly rushed out of the house when the maniac was searching rooms.

I saw a car parked with some1 in it but they we're asleep and i hid in a big steel bin thing near my local shop... the maniac was looking for me he looked in the bin i was in but i was right at the bottom with cardboard and black bags on top of me then he eventually gave up.

Then i kind of woke up and i was appreciating everyone i saw that day and had a whole new respect for life.

Comment

I frequently dream very vividly and (according to my friends) bonkersly (to be fair I have some serious sleep issues as a result but thats an aside) - but I have to say last night took the biscuit.

I woke up at 3 this morning in that half asleep half awake state to hear myself speaking out loud the value of PI. 3.14.... I must have gone on for 12 digits or so until I managed to stop myself. Bizarre! No idea how accurate I was

Comment

Had a 2D Cel-shaded dream once, after playing too much jet set radio. Was wierd, I knew i was wandering around town but it certainly looked nothing like it.

Also dreamt once that I was in the bottom of that circular tower building in birmingham, and that i knew i had to herd office chairs into rooms to stop tramps from getting at them. Eventually there were too many tramps so i legged it out of the building, up a grassy hill into what can only be described as the scenery from ghouls 'n' ghosts. Only to stumble upon a church that had been converted into a pub but with everything that was supposed to be on the inside on the outside. I sat down, had a drink, and noticed that the walls were carpeted... DREAM ENDS...

Now, even if i had one of those books that tells you what your dreams mean.. i don't think it would've been much help with that one.

Comment

I got a little too 'into' Half-Life 2 when the Orange Box came out and ever since then nearly all my dreams have some HL2 influence in them. The worst one was when the Combine forced me to seperate from my wife (who was still my GF at the time) but I went to visit her anyway and got spotted by the Overwatch. I then had to run away along the train tracks whilst being chased by a Strider... Scary stuff

Comment

I had a good one last night, which I have illustrated in thse awesome photoshopped images, with the composition as close to my dream as possible.

Bruce Willis in typical Die Hard attire was tied up in the front seat of a Van, there is a large explosion behind him and a Tank is tumbling towards him, the tank starts to crush the roof of the car. Whilst tied up our hero uses his shoulders and head to hold up the roof of the car and the entire weight of the tank, breaks fry of his restraints and uses all his strengh to throw the tank away from him. Whew

Later in my dream the city is frozen and Bruce is helping save children, his natural instincts tell him to look under steaming manhole covers. He saves several and lets them flee with the rest of the people running screaming from the apparently frozen/flooded streets of Prince of Wales road in Norwich (which looked a little like New York in my dream)

A Kraken appeared and starts attacking a building and picks up a fleeing child. Brucey unsheathes a knife and does a jump attack!

Last edited by EvilBoris; 14-04-2008, 20:21.

Comment

I had a great dream just before I woke up. I was watching tv and saw a scene on a shopping street where some lads said merry christmas to a soldier returning from ww2.

Next thing I'm on that street with a mate at Christmas time and the same bloke walks past. He sees the shock on our faces and runs away.

We eventually corner him and he gives us his pocket watch which has an extra dial on it. Inscribed on the dial are numbers from about 1000 to over 3000. The soldier explains that I can set the watch to any time, date and year and travel there instantly.

Can't remember what I got up to with it, avoiding being late is the main thing! I broke it somehow and had just fixed it when I started to wake up.

Comment

I keep having zombie dreams, sometimes with elements of L4D. Like this morning (lying in) I had a dream where my mum and I did some shopping in Tesco or something, then it blurred into walking down a country road and then a tank appeared and punched her so I ran off. Hm. And yesterday there was one where I was in town with this girl, and I guess she had a split personality or something, as there was a 'dark' version of her, who eventually blew up a clothing store and got arrested. Then it turned into a zombie outbreak for no particular reason. Dreams are silly.

Comment

I had another lovely fluffy dream recently.
                    I was taking my cats for a walk down some country back roads. 1 of the cats spotted something in the overgrowth & shot off after it, which also meant that my other cat then followed.
                    I was running & stressing out trying to follow them, then lost sight of them. I kept walking intil I got to a field gate. I look into the field & all I can see are hundreds of Cats with their kittens either running around, climbing, lying down or playing, & there's my Geoff & Lily running around & playing with them!!!
                    Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Now theres 1 which I wish I had more often.

I have a lot of dreams about cats (I love cats!) but that is 1 of the fluffiest!!

There are of course the usual 1's that involve death, humiliation, falling, flying etc, oh & a few pervy ones about sex in the woods or where I'm having sex with a very attractive hermaphrodite dressed as a policewoman!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Verceti View Post
                      I had another lovely fluffy dream recently.
                      I was taking my cats for a walk down some country back roads. 1 of the cats spotted something in the overgrowth & shot off after it, which also meant that my other cat then followed.
                      I was running & stressing out trying to follow them, then lost sight of them. I kept walking intil I got to a field gate. I look into the field & all I can see are hundreds of Cats with their kittens either running around, climbing, lying down or playing, & there's my Geoff & Lily running around & playing with them!!!
                      Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Now theres 1 which I wish I had more often.
                      I'm interested in the psychology of dreams and have read quite a few books on the subject. That said, I'm by no means an expert but this one (to me, at least) points to a lot of what's been going on with your ex and alludes to some unresolved feelings and issues...

I've had two dreams this week about camping. In one, I was on a camping holiday that got taken over by military police that tried to keep us all captive, only I escaped somehow, came back because I'd left some clothes, escaped again and ended up on a boat to an unknown destination in Europe. In the other, I was in an indoor camping centre, a woman I don't like from my work handed me a spliff which almost got me in trouble, resulting in the camp officials wanting to search everyone's stuff. I left the room to escape this, and when I came back, my friends, our tent and all my belongings had gone.

Oh, and nice Photoshop work, Boris!

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
                        I'm interested in the psychology of dreams and have read quite a few books on the subject. That said, I'm by no means an expert but this one (to me, at least) points to a lot of what's been going on with your ex and alludes to some unresolved feelings and issues...
                        Would u like to explain in al ittle more detail Ady? PM me if u want as I dont want to bore ppl on here anymore with my love life .

I had that Cats/Kittens in the field dream about a month ago, but I have had dreams about Kittens in/falling from trees etc etc a few times over the last 2 or 3 yrs.

Comment

I had a series of weird ass dreams last night. very , very wierd.

I think the first one was trying to get one of my old school friends sister to get naked, although I've never met her before and don't even think he has a sister. I fell asleep in her bedroom. Woke up and she'd gone out but came back later and was naked on the bed with her friend. I was trying to get them to lez it. I think I failed.

Then I was telling a friend, and for some reason this jumped to climbing over barbed wire and being attacked by several feral cats, they were all well groomed domestic pedigree cats though but I remember their claws hurting. After the fallout3 inspired minefield that was the cat lair we talked to some people who lived in the middle, I can't remember their house, after that I climbed over a wall and it was a petrol station, and for some reason people filling up their cars felt the need to give me the money for it, and I pretended to be some kind of worker at the place.

I remember being very pleased with myself counting through the money people had given me and there being around £150 or something.

Then I woke up.

Comment

Anyone here suffer from sleep paralysis? I had my first experience of this in '93 or '94 and have had bouts ever since. For those not in the know, it's the sensation of being somewhere in between and sleep and consciousness, and being unable to move your body.

In my case, static electricity seemingly rings in my ears and I often have the sensation of being lifted up or floating. Floating, being spun around and the sense of a presence in the room is common for me. Is can be traumatic for those who experience it for the first time, due to the symptoms.

Comment

I experienced something like that when I had the flu after New Year; very uncomfortable.

Comment

Do you think that because we're all into videogames our dreams are more action based than other people?

I've had a few that have been clearly brought on by obsessive games playing - one of them was so freaky I will never forget it - I had this dream soon after playing the original DMC on PS2 years ago:

I was out in the back garden of the house I grew up in, and there was a very strong sense of peril. This manifested when gigantic globs of blue toothpaste started falling from the sky - I was doing all these dramatic sideways rolls to avoid them. It was definitely toothpaste, and the weirdest thing of all is that it was Linda McCartney's toothpaste. I don't know how these details came up in the dream but that's how it was.

My flat mate had an FF7 style dream without even playing it, he had just been watching me go through the game. He said he dreamt that he was out in a green field, and he was going to go down this path when a car came driving past - I was hanging out the window, and apparently I shouted "Don't go down there, Clarkey's down there!" (Clarkey was one of his old school teachers that I've never met). He ignored my advice and went down the path and then his dream did the screen-shattering random battle thing, and he went into a confrontation with his old teacher. I don't know what happened next.

Comment

Working...
                                X