Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official dreams thread: share yours here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official dreams thread: share yours here!

The last few nights, I've been getting some pretty strange dreams, so I came up with the idea of creating a thread about it. If you've had any interesting dreams of late, then post them here. They don't necessarily have to be new dreams either. If you've had some interesting dreams in the past that you also fancy sharing, then do so.

Anyway, here are the ones I've had for the last three nights:

1. I was a new student starting college. I went to my class, and noticed that the tutor was no taller than 4 feet (though she wasn't a midget, as everything was in proportion). She briefed the class (it goes a bit blurry here) and later everyone's dismissed for break. I return from break to find the class empty save the tutor, whose sitting with her feet up on her desk casually surfing the net on her laptop. I ask her what's going on, to which she shrugs indifferently. She tells me she couldn't care less about teaching the class anymore. I criticise her for being unprofessional, and she criticises me for being nosey. I continue to pry as to her sudden change of attitude, and she bursts into tears and tells me she doesn't want everyone to know that she is in fact dead. She describes herself as a "living dead woman" and tells me she frequently has to go for check-ups because her body parts keep rotting and falling off. All of a sudden, the smell of putrefaction fills the room and I hear people vomiting. I also start to vomit, and the dream ends.

2. I'm in a dark tunnel speaking to my mum. My sister is also there. My mum walks off, and my sister and I are left. All of a sudden, a train rolls into the tunnel, and the music starts to go all Silent Hill. I also notice that the front of the train resembles Pyramid Head's head. Just then, I notice the train starts to slowly transform INTO Pyramid Head, so I turn and tell my sister we need to get out of here quick. However, she's faffing around and not listening to me, so I grab her hand and we both run out of the tunnel. At some point, I think she slips or I lose her, but I keep on running anyway. I manage to escape the tunnel before Pyramid Head transforms and then I wake up.

Yes. Those are my two most recent dreams. I also have a recurring dream where I'm staying at a hotel and there's always something "wrong" with the 4th floor. In one dream it was haunted, in another, flooded and in another, the layout was inverted (i.e. the floor was on the ceiling etc). In the last one the 4th floor was on fire and I had to evacuate it. I wonder what the significance of that could be?

Anyway, enough about me. It's your turn. Please post your dreams here. It'd be interesting to see what goes on in other people's heads!

Quite recently I have been thinking about why I have the dreams I have and came to realise they do in some way relate to issues of my daily life.

Mostly they relate to poor memory lol, im always forgetting to do things, paying bills, getting my car tax, insurance and mot sorted, also things like going somewhere in the house to get something, then ending up get distracted and not doing what I was meant to.

Anyways these awake things seem to drift into my dreams, because im always dreaming about things like leaving the house unlocked and being burgled, one dream I was going down the shop to pick up some milk and I had rode a bike down there, but came out the shop with the milk and walked home forgetting that I had gone by bike, I remember waking up after this dream and honestly for a fwe minutes I was so confused thinking I had left my bike down the local shop, then I remembered that I dont even own a bike.

Other dreams often relate to my impulsive spending on credit cards, you know that feeling when you get home and you have some expensive tv or sound system you know you really cant afford but somehow you made an excuse to buy it, I get these dreams where I am always buying stuff and going crazy with money, sometimes I wake up in the morning thinking phew im glad that was a dream and I didn't just spend £10k on a new HD Movie setup.

So most of my dreams seem to be in some way related to issues in my life.

Comment

few nights ago i had a dream of being chased by zombies albeit very slowly

also i have had it in so many dreams i am sure alot of people have in that your trying to run but the legs dont work

also tend to have a falling dream every month and also a flying one

Comment

I've had some weird dreams recently- really vivid ones- but my housemate was telling me about a dream the other day, which cracked me up:

He was at a self-help group, kind of AA style, where everyone sits round in a circle and they discuss things, except this group was for anger management (this lad's the least angry person in the world), and instead of talking about their experiences, the method of therapy was karaoke. So anyway, the next person to get up was Osama Bin Laden, who proceeded to sing Where Is The Love, by the Black Eyes Peas. Apparently, he did the rap parts particularly well. Super.

Comment

Almost every night I have very vivid, coherent dreams. It's funny how some people almost never remember their dreams - whereas I always feel a bit strange if I wake up and can't remember what I dreamt about.

Classic one for me: when I was 17 and learning to drive, I had a dream that I was driving my mum's 306 around. Obviously I was chuffed that I had finally managed to pass (my lessons were a nightmare - I was more than ready to take the test, but the instructor was one of these independent odd bods who was intent on milking me for everything he could). So I woke up, got ready for college, and left the house with my mum and little brother. My mum got into the car to take us to school, and I said "why are you driving? I'll take him". It was only then I remembered I hadn't passed my test at all. Heartbreaking.

If you want more vivid dreams, keep some paper and a pen by your bed and write down whatever you can remember about your dreams when you wake up. After a few days they'll start to become really vivid and memorable.

Comment

I've been having tripped-out dreams every night for the last few weeks in which an ex girlf appears, usually in some sort of peril. Probably guilt-related as I promised to stay friends but haven't spoken to her in about three years. Oh well, them's the breaks see!

Comment

I haven’t remembered a dream for a long time but one recurring dream has always stayed in my mind since I had it in 1996.

In the dream I had saved up all my money to buy Tekken 2 for the Playstation (which I had been waiting for release in real life) and get the bus to town centre to buy it. However, upon arriving I realise that I am barefoot and I have to use the money to buy a pair of shoes. I had this dream a number of times and it was so vivid.

No idea what it meant, but it did stop occurring once I finally bought Tekken 2.

Comment

My dreams are always whacked out crazy. I know everyones dreams are but mine seem to hit a special level. The other night I dreamed I found two big piles in a cave - one was a pile of old shoes, the other a pile of severed arms. Still trying to work out the significance of that one.

Last night I dreamed of a huge mountain of green grass and I had to take elevators to the top while people had picnics. Somewhere halfway up I had to do a performance with Iron Maiden. It was some song about suicide that I think I totally made up in my dream and sounded excellent. Then a huge ball chased me and I fell down the mountain and died.

I usually remember my dreams better than I remember real life stuff.

Comment

I have studied quite a bit about dreams the vast majority of them always fall into the categories of sex and money.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
                    I haven?t remembered a dream for a long time but one recurring dream has always stayed in my mind since I had it in 1996.

In the dream I had saved up all my money to buy Tekken 2 for the Playstation (which I had been waiting for release in real life) and get the bus to town centre to buy it. However, upon arriving I realise that I am barefoot and I have to use the money to buy a pair of shoes. I had this dream a number of times and it was so vivid.

No idea what it meant, but it did stop occurring once I finally bought Tekken 2.

That reminds me. I get this recurring dream sometimes where I have a HUGE backlog of games to play and I feel really guilty about it. I;ve also had game-related dreams where I've actually been in a game. In one instance, everything looked like an isometric SNES game and in another, everything looked like some abstracted Spectrum game, Manic Miner style, and I was right there in it.

Comment

I had a dream I was eating marshmallows.

Woke up and my pillow had gone.

Comment

Last night there were a group of us all living under the sea in lots of those bays you get with swimming pools (like in The Abyss and the end of Lost). Anyways we had to share our lives with these massive sharks that attacked us a lot. One of my friends was just a torso, head and arms after such an attack. Anyways we had discovered that we could make this shield that stopped the sharks from jumping into the bay and eating us by blasting noise across the pool. They would jump up and bounce off this sound barrier. But to fund such a device I had to go topside and talk about the plan at a benefit dinner with Dennis Hopper, we would have to raise loads of cash as the sound needed had to be that of a jet engine. Why we didn't just go live on the land I have no idea...

Comment

I don't dream. Perhaps I'm dead inside.

Interesting reading the stuff that pops into the heads of you chaps while alsleep.

Comment

I had this dream once... it was few years ago.

I remember waking up with a wet feeling and a big hard on.

Comment

Im laughing. Not laughing with you though.

Comment

Working...
                              X