No announcement yet.

GTA1 for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried it a few years ago and it wouldn't make use of any 3d features unless it was a voodoo/ glide card. So software, yes.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear. This new version needs a new version of DirectX to run, so they must have rewritten the code somewhat. It wouldn't need much to get it to do Glide stuff using Direct3D, so presumably this new version is filtered.

I'm guessing.

Comment

It looks a bit hideous without a Voodoo card, and frankly who has one of those these days (god rest their souls)?

Well yes, I acquired my brother's Voodoo 5 5500. Still the best way to play Unreal Tournament apparently good thing I don't play many PC games anyway though!

Comment

sweet must get this at some point

Comment

Just tried playing it again.

I'd assumed that cos my PC had been on all day yesterday that maybe it was a bit chuggy cos of ****loads of unloaded DLL's hanging about.

Sadly that was not the case.

With frame limiting off it runs nice and smooth but at 5000 MPH, so that's not really ideal.

So a nice gesture then, but probably worth tracking down the PSone version for a fiver if you're that desperate to play it.

Comment

Classic

Comment

In my top ten favourtie games.In my humble opinion the best in the gta series(sooooooh funeh)

Comment

Well yes, I acquired my brother's Voodoo 5 5500. Still the best way to play Unreal Tournament apparently good thing I don't play many PC games anyway though!
                  I used to have a Voodoo 5500, it was absolutely SUPERB for anything which supported Glide (ie Unreal-engine based games like UT, Deus Ex etc). Sadly, since 3dfx was bought out by nVidia and the support ceased, there seemed little point in keeping it.

Comment

got the original, great game.

Comment

lol, I'm using a voodoo 5 right now , its nice to see that there are is still a 3dfx scene with people making drivers for it, I remeber splashing out loads buying two voodoo2's ages ago so I could run them in sli (I think) mode, looking back on it now that was probably the ultimate marketing move for a company making you buy the product twice to get the most performance out of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X