Tournament videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saurian
    I think the level of play round mine is higher.
    Although the level of play round yours is of a similar standard, I wouldn`t necessarily agree with that. Remember, it was only one match, so they had to cautiously feel out eachother. If they`d played more, the similar kinds of flow we had at your house when we had that sick Cali fest would undoutedly come out.

Also, although I own most of the players here (even in Club Sega), on a couple of occassions I`ve gotten pretty beaten by a total sick bastard- these are the kinds of peeps at that very tournament as well (they heavily promoted that tournament at Club Sega).

Comment

[borat]DVD? I like! is niiice! you make buy for me - yes?[/borat]

I've had to allow Guilty Gear XX for now completely, gotta train up to sick levels on SC2. I NEED that VF4 video cos I use Goh and want to see what manz are up to with that character.

Comment

The Japanese are not so good at Namco fighters, i'm fairly sure the Californian players consistently beat them.

Comment

DVD? I like! is niiice! you make buy for me - yes?

I've had to allow Guilty Gear XX for now completely, gotta train up to sick levels on SC2. I NEED that VF4 video cos I use Goh and want to see what manz are up to with that character.
          I buy for you

OMG- My mate told me how to counter throws on Evo (which is necessary to getting good) and its totally ****ing disgusting.

Basically if the other player tries to throw you, with say a forward, forward, forward + P + G, to counter the throw you have to replicate the last part of the movement (in this case forward + P + G)- which is ****ing hard, as not only do you have to obviously get your timing spot on, you need to learn all the other characters throw commands

That game is ****ing rocket science

Comment

OMFG!

That's SO sick! - I got the dragon motion style throw counter down totally in VF4! But no they have to be EXTRA and make it totally sick - I was wondering why I kept getting had up by Wing's Lei Wei (man kept information away from me)

Makes perfect sence tho - in martial arts certain moves must be countered with certain moves so the commands should be the same. Makes players take more notice of other characters commands and opponents play style too!

AM2. Are. Sick.

WATCH ME GOH!

Comment

Originally posted by Tokuda
              Perhaps the guy playing Nightmare tried fighting too up close in that particular fight, but to be honest, Knightmares close combat skills are very underestimated. He is a lethal character when used properly not only from range but up close (although the key to beating him still remains getting in his face as much as possible).
              That's what I mean tho, when the Nightmare player realised Mitsu was getting in his face, he should have played the range card, instead of trying to beat him at his own game. He got absolutely wasted in the final round because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
                Originally posted by Tokuda
                Perhaps the guy playing Nightmare tried fighting too up close in that particular fight, but to be honest, Knightmares close combat skills are very underestimated. He is a lethal character when used properly not only from range but up close (although the key to beating him still remains getting in his face as much as possible).
                That's what I mean tho, when the Nightmare player realised Mitsu was getting in his face, he should have played the range card, instead of trying to beat him at his own game. He got absolutely wasted in the final round because of it.
                Agreed.

I played and whipped a sterling Nightmare player earlier today. He was an excellent player and countered a fair few of my moves but once I got in his face he found it difficult.

I hung off him to entice some long sword thrusts then I moved in kickly for the kill- lots of kicks and vertical sword stuff. We had 3 heavy matches before he decided to give up

Comment

Basically if the other player tries to throw you, with say a forward, forward, forward + P + G, to counter the throw you have to replicate the last part of the movement (in this case forward + P + G)- which is ****ing hard, as not only do you have to obviously get your timing spot on, you need to learn all the other characters throw commands
                  after a while it becomes second nature believe me, especially when your challenging the same peeps then it becomes a matter of guessing which throw there gonna use at a particular time.
                  A way to get around this is the multiple throw escape which takes a bit of mastering but is not too hard to pull off in a match. The sickest technique which I heard about is the evading multiple throw escape guard where after your enemy blocks a slow attack, you dodge a possible attack, multiple throw escape and guard (just incase it's a series combo)!!!

I mostly just stick to the multiple throw escape as it's much easier

Comment

Originally posted by optimusomega
                    after a while it becomes second nature believe me, especially when your challenging the same peeps then it becomes a matter of guessing which throw there gonna use at a particular time.
                    A way to get around this is the multiple throw escape which takes a bit of mastering but is not too hard to pull off in a match. The sickest technique which I heard about is the evading multiple throw escape guard where after your enemy blocks a slow attack, you dodge a possible attack, multiple throw escape and guard (just incase it's a series combo)!!!

I mostly just stick to the multiple throw escape as it's much easier
                    Yeah, I can imagine it becoming second nature if you play the same players again and again, but the harsh thing is over here in the arcades you can end up playing anybody- so the truly sick players can still counter throws from whatever player they`re facing.

Please enlighten me on the multiple throw escape

Comment

It's P+G -> P+G down P+G

Buffer it into a sidestep - or for example if you miss a ->->K with Akira buffer it so that when the opponent throws they end up in Counterland. you can bait people into it aswel - fake a move, buffer sidestep, buffer throw counter (people take it cos they LOVE it)

Comment

I never knew of this dedicated Soul Cali website ( http://www.guardimpact.com/media/index.php ) before but a mate of mine sent me a link. Some of their videos are pretty poor IMO compared to some of the heavy experts I`ve seen, but I particularly like their Voldo tech video (I`ve played against Voldo players as sick as the one on the video)......

Comment

I wish I could do videos >_<

I dont like Voldo cos he creeps me out

These manz need to see some Lizardman ethnicity - that Sophitia video aint ****!

Dont get me wrong - Maximum respect to these brers for putting up videos! - but believe they NEED manz sick juggles on there! I got a 7 hitter which you cant do **** about and unblockable set-ups into command throws which are just FILTH!

Comment

Serious Allan man -

Download the Sophitia one! to see what I mean!

Comment

I wish I could do videos >_<

I dont like Voldo cos he creeps me out

These manz need to see some Lizardman ethnicity - that Sophitia video aint ****!
                              Yeah- the Sophitia video (just saw it for the first time) is the best video on there with the Voldo one. That player on the video oozes your Lizard style, although her green blocks and parries were particularly impressive.

I wasn`t impressed with the Taki nor the Maxi videos though- those players looked like nothing special.

Man- I`d love it if you could work out videos. Me and my `sick` mate Dan used to always go on about videoing our sickfest first to 20 `Legend` battles. Because we knew eachothers games so well, the games we used to have were even sicker in terms of parries and dodging than that Friday night at your house. We used to have about 6 of my other mates, even the ones who didn`t play Cali, just watching us because the fights were so ****ing DISGUSTING.

EDIT- Forgot to add- that Sophitia video shows you how to use your [highpitchedvoice]MAGIC KICK[/highpitchedvoice] properly

Comment

Please enlighten me on the multiple throw escape
                                It's P+G -> P+G down P+
                                I'm sure you can do diagnals as well? Basically there is only 5 high throw directions so if you can master the multiple throw escape you got more than a 50/50 chance of escaping a throw.
                                I gotta start training up for this weekend's session with my mates, now if only I can shake this dam flu bug ft:

Comment

Working...
                                X