X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My copy hasn't arrived :/ i'll be joining you when it does

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      This thread is making me remember how few people imported a Wii.
      Nintendo=Insta import
      I thought most people on here had imported Wiis? The US Wii pre-order thread was epic.

I guess we'll find out if this game is being ignored for good or just for now when the PAL version ships in a few months.

Comment

It was epic, but I can imagine loads of people cancelled them after the shortage. People never seem to comment on US VC titles and the like so I assume there aren't that many people with them? I could be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
          This thread is making me remember how few people imported a Wii.
          Nintendo=Insta import
          I just picked up eight games while in the states, another three ordered from VG+ due to arrive before the end of the month. I can't justify picking this up aswell right now, especially with Mass Effect on the 360 only weeks away. Were this all not the case I'm sure I would have ordered it.
          Last edited by Concrete donkey; 03-11-2007, 17:38. Reason: spelling

Comment

I've come across a few more stages that introduce a little bit of peril, either having a short period in order to work out what to do or having enemies/hazards on screen that you need to deal with whilst puzzling.

Comment

I'm utterly hooked on this, Last night we had some friends over and I was playing this after a quick explanation everyone was chipping in with solutions to puzzles, it was great fun. Been playing over 15 hours now and it is still really original, the puzzles don't seem to repeat the same concepts over and over , each level has a unique game play device that is exploited for that level only,

I did one level where there were haunted paintings, you could reach into the paintings and remove objects from the images and use those objects with other paintings

, it was so so clever.
              I'm on the last level but I suspect there are more as all of my full completed areas are registering as 70% complete
              Last edited by EvilBoris; 04-11-2007, 23:47.

Comment

What sort of game length are people getting from this? I've ordered my copy from movie tyme and really looking forward to playing it
                How complicated are the puzzles?

Comment

I reckon around about the 15-20 hour mark.
                  The puzzles aren't super complicated, they all work in a very logical mechanical way once you understand how the game works.

Comment

I got this and am stuck! No, literally. I was quite happily walking around and then Zack got stuck in a gap in the pavement and refused to move anywhere else.

I'm on the final (I assume) level of the first jungle set,

the one with the big monkey thing. I've just sent him to the other end of the level with my fiery stick and assumed I was supposed to use my umbrella on the wire to sail over him to the treasure, but that wasn't working, I need to go face him and see what happens I guess. Except I was stuck in the scenery. Lame.

I really hate how it counts (and autosaves) every time you die/be revived/use a hint. I hate blemishes like that! Some kind of indication that it was saving would have been nice too. I had to turn it off and had no idea at what point it was saved.

EDIT: Oh, and the dying thing is un-necessary. Why couldn't it have been designed to prevent that happening? Instead of crushing me, the boss could just punch me to the other side of the level. Same puzzle, less redoing the entire level from scratch
                    Last edited by toythatkills; 09-11-2007, 17:23.

Comment

Flip the umbrella upside down!

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho View Post

Flip the umbrella upside down!
                        Hmm, I tried that. Obviously not at the right time/accurately enough!

Comment

Have been playing this for most of the week and it's so good that it's dragged me away from both The Orange Box and Phantom Hourglass.

I'm about half way through and the puzzles are starting to become epic now. So many things to take into account, so taxing but resolutely logical throughout. I don't even mind the deaths as they're usually quite funny, like Dragon's Lair in a way.

After so many years of playing American point-n-click games it's interesting to see a Japanese company come along and do things so very, very differently.

Comment

One of the few minor complaints I have of it that the frantic do it or die levels become a little bit too frequent towards the end.

Most of the time the trial and error nature of the game didn't bother me too much though.

Comment

That final level...

How did Capcom manage to turn a brilliant puzzler into a dire arcade action game with terrible collision detection? What a shame.

Comment

I had 1 go at that level and haven't tried since, your comment doesn't fill me with the will to play it :S

Comment

Working...
                                X