No announcement yet.

Zack and Wiki : Quest For Barbaros' Treasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This came today for me and so far it's been brilliant. Only done a few levels but really enjoying it so far. After reading the above posts not looking forward to the last level!!

Saying that it'll take me a year to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      I had 1 go at that level and haven't tried since, your comment doesn't fill me with the will to play it :S
      The worst thing about it is that the "solutions" are all so obvious - as you're almost entirely told what to do for the whole level. It's doing them that's difficult though, mostly because of a pointer-aiming bit that has stupidly bad collision detection.

A puzzle game shouldn't be like that, in my opinion.

Comment

I'm also really enjoying this, apart from the cluttered visual design and the various stats/score that seem to be completely arbitary. It's a very relaxing game so far so don't like the idea of it turning into something that requires quick reflexes

Comment

The fallout of Mario Galaxy is beginning to clear and finally other games are getting a look in with my game time, beginning with this lovely game. Brought only because of the feeback from this first play thread it's been sitting on my shelf for close to a month waiting for the plumber to finish his business.

So far this game doesn't disapoint, and has shown itself to be a good fun game to play. Yes the game isn't overly hard when figuring out what to do, but I suspect (and hope) that the game gets harder and more complex as time goes on. The scoring system though does seem to discourage expermenting though and going for the course of least resistence if gunning for the high scores, which competing against my brother I kind of am.

I do wonder sometimes what the obsession is with game companies naming their games after the pair of princible characters. Jak and Daxter, Banjo and Kazoee, Kayne and Lynch, Ratchet and Klank . . .

Comment

Is this game import-friendly? Planning to buy the cheap Japanese version from YesAsia.

Comment

I'd of said so, there aren't any puzzles that require text, but you will miss the dialogue that is very good.

It's only £25 on vg+

Comment

Got mine last night and stayed up to silly AM with the GF to play. Not many games can do that!

It's superb. The controls are never wrong, the game doesn't force you to be quick about the puzzle. Each puzzle is solved by using your sheer intellect. Really makes you feel like you've earned something.

I got stuck on one level only to find out you sort of flip the remote to flip the crank to get the other shape. Brilliant gaming.

Capcom are definitely hitting their stride, I haven't enjoyed all their games (despite the amazing quality put into them) but this one is a top hit with me. Must have Wii gaming IMO.

Comment

It really is a superb game, such a shame that very few peolpe have bought/played it. Hopefully it will do better sales wise when released over here.

My favourite levels have to be

the one where you reach into the haunted paintings, and the Mad Science level. So satisfying to eventually work towards the solution.

Also the Dragon Scale stage - you really had to be thinking a few steps ahead of yourself or you would be left in a situation where you couldn't complete the level

Easily one of 2007's best games - such a shame it got lost amongst the high profile releases that were arriving at the same time.

Comment

That painting level was brilliant. I almost felt like the remote was designed for that kind of magic.

Comment

Mines just arrived, has it really got 40+ hours of gameplay like it says on back of the box???!

Comment

If you want to get the best ranking on each level then yes, if not then probably 15-20

Comment

Just done first mission,everyone with a Wii needs this game it just oozes quality

Comment

Back again.....mmm lovely is the phrase of gorging on this. I wouldnt call it a point and click adventure myself Id say its more a puzzle game (ie its not like say point at the phrase and talk back etc..) but for me that makes it better. It really does use the wiimote in the best way Ive seen yet with motions with sawing,fishing,turning keys etc...

The only thing Im having difficulty with is the bell rythem mini games if anyone can help Ive found 2 but I just cant do them at all (you dont need to do them for a level their an extra).

I do find it very funny also, made me laugh alot already, yes you can die quite easily as you have to figure ways passed stuff but its great fun anyway and Wiki is so cute I want one.

I loathe point and click adventures ever since I got past Full Throttle (I liked DOTT and very old adventures on speccy up to then on PC but grew tired of the weird out of the box ones where nothing seemed to make sense to finish a puzzle in conectivity) so for me to adore this says something. It has that Mario Galaxy magic feeling and I think if Id known how good it was last year Id have imported a USA Wii!

Comment

Is this likely to go out of print fairly quickly though? I still haven't bought it, and still really want to, is it something I should preferably do sooner rather than later ya think?

I have a US Wii.

Comment

you could've picked it up for 12 pound a while back from movietyme, well worth it even full price

Comment

Working...
                                X